[SOLVED] Stuttering in every game

AndreyRGW

Have you tried without your GPU OC? 

Completely close afterburner and rtss and test things out.

Just now, MadGoatHaz said:

Have you tried without your GPU OC? 

Yep

12 minutes ago, AndreyRGW said:

You have a high ISR count with wdf01000.sys. It's possible a USB device is causing it.

I've noticed that you're using the latest BIOS for your MB (F61). That contains AMD AGESA 1.2.0.3b code that ostensibly resolves USB issues. However there's still some outstanding issues not resolved and AGESA 1.2.0.3c is out now. So sooner or later another BIOS rev will be available for your MB. Though keep in mind Gigabyte just got hit by ransomware, so their timeline is probably being push backed on further releases. I don't know that for a fact, but I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case.

So really the questions is this: What was the last thing you did prior to seeing this issue? Install any new HW such as a USB input device, drivers, or install a BIOS update?

1 minute ago, StDragon said:

You have a high ISR count with wdf01000.sys. It's possible a USB device is causing it.

I've noticed that you're using the latest BIOS for your MB (F61). That contains AMD AGESA 1.2.0.3b code that ostensibly resolves USB issues. However there's still some outstanding issues not resolved and AGESA 1.2.0.3c is out now. So sooner or later another BIOS rev will be available for your MB. Though keep in mind Gigabyte just got hit by ransomware, so their timeline is probably being push backed on further releases. I don't know that for a fact, but I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case.

So really the questions is this: What was the last thing you did prior to seeing this issue? Install any new HW such as a USB input device, drivers, or install a BIOS update?

After reinstalling windows and updating the bios, I noticed that the stuttering started. Rolling back the bios and installing Windows 10 did not help. Before reinstalling Windows I had Windows 11 22000.71. Both then and now, all drivers are updated to the latest version. And I haven't changed the bios settings since April 2020.

At this point, if you've isolated USB devices to not being the issue, then you're next step is to isolate storage to only the SSD drive being used. If the problem persists, then try using another drive as the boot volume. Test again.

Unfortunately, this is a path of process of elimination.

10 minutes ago, StDragon said:

At this point, if you've isolated USB devices to not being the issue, then you're next step is to isolate storage to only the SSD drive being used. If the problem persists, then try using another drive as the boot volume. Test again.

Unfortunately, this is a path of process of elimination.

Well, I'll try, thanks

• 1 year later...

I have been sifting through the internet for a while looking for any issue I could possibly be having with my system and trying so many different optimizations, and your case seemed to be similar to my current one. Considering this thread says that it was solved, what exactly was it that was causing the frametime problems? I know this is kind of old at this point, but if you see this, please do respond.

On 8/12/2021 at 3:51 PM, AndreyRGW said:

Well, I'll try, thanks

Yeah, why does this say "solved"... 

4 hours ago, FilthyPog said:

Considering this thread says that it was solved,

i mean people have a point, dodgy hard-drives could cause this... but that's a huge pain to test (you basically have to remove/ replace hard drives) or maybe a BIOS update would help...

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity