Motherboard not opening bios

Go to solution Solved by Mark Kaine,
29 minutes ago, Falling Enity said:

don't know how

Steps to clear CMOS using the battery method

1. Turn off all peripheral devices connected to the computer.
  2. Disconnect the power cord from the AC power source.
  3. Remove the computer cover.
  4. Find the battery on the board. The battery may be in a horizontal or vertical battery holder, or connected to an onboard header with a wire.
  5. Remove the battery:
    1. If the battery is in a holder, note the orientation of the + and  on the battery. Gently pry the battery free from its connector.
    2. If the battery is connected to an onboard header with a wire, disconnect the wire from the onboard header.
  6. Wait 1–5 minutes, then reconnect the battery.
  7. Put the computer cover back on.
  8. Plug the computer and all devices back in.

Battery looks like this.

25368_image1.jpg.31be86fcb45015e60af637a97aaa549d.jpg

Hello I have the GIGABYTE B365M DS3H [non wifi model]

And I have been trying to open the BIOS and it's not working. I Have checked and I DO NOT have fast boot enabled 

I have tried the f2 f5 f7 f10 f12 and delete keys and it seems to delay the startup!

Please help!

Spoiler

If you curious what my specs are they are intel core i5. 16gb 1x16 of Ryzen ram. Gtx 1030.

Edited by Falling Enity
So I can add more info

To enter the BIOS, normally its the Delete key once you see the splash screen. There is an alternative way to enter the UEFI.

Hold Shift and restart your computer and a menu will pop up. You will select Troubleshoot > Advanced > UEFI and this will restart your PC and automatically enter your BIOS. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

2 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

To enter the BIOS, normally its the Delete key once you see the splash screen. There is an alternative way to enter the UEFI.

Hold Shift and restart your computer and a menu will pop up. You will select Troubleshoot > Advanced > UEFI and this will restart your PC and automatically enter your BIOS. 

@Skiiwee29

I have forgot but I did press delete key

and my monitor turns on after after the splash screen so I only see the dual-boot screen

Edited by Falling Enity
More info

5 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

I will try later and tell you the result!

Move your keyboard to a USB 2.0 port. Could be the usb 3 ports are not initialized in bios, or the bios doesn't look for keyboards in the usb 3 ports.

Could be the bios has an issue with all usb keyboards. It happens sometimes. Could try with a PS/2 keyboard, if the motherboard still has the connector.

The PS/2 keyboard is more legacy, more low level, will pretty much always work and it's also a good way of figuring if bios functions ( ex if you press num lock on the keyboard, and the num lock turns on, you know the system isn't locked/frozen and that something still does some thinking, because that something send the ps/2 keyboard the command to turn on the led - with usb keyboards you have no guarantee, the controllers inside the keyboard will turn on the led without a command from the computer)

So...

I did what Skiiwee29

And it worked but... THE BIOS DOSN"T OPEN in fact my pc doesn't boot AT ALL! so... I hold The Power button and it turns off I boot it on then it power cycles 3 times then boots

and 

mariushm

Move your keyboard to a USB 2.0 port. Could be the usb 3 ports are not initialized in bios, or the bios doesn't look for keyboards in the usb 3 ports.

Could be the bios has an issue with all usb keyboards. It happens sometimes. Could try with a PS/2 keyboard, if the motherboard still has the connector.

The PS/2 keyboard is more legacy, more low level, will pretty much always work and it's also a good way of figuring if bios functions ( ex if you press num lock on the keyboard, and the num lock turns on, you know the system isn't locked/frozen and that something still does some thinking, because that something send the ps/2 keyboard the command to turn on the led - with usb keyboards you have no guarantee, the controllers inside the keyboard will turn on the led without a command from the computer)

That doesn't work either!

2021-07-23 13_58_36-Motherboard not opening bios - CPUs, Motherboards, and Memory - Linus Tech Tips.png

have you tried resetting CMOS?

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

its not always DEL to open the BIOS. for my work computer its F12, some computers its ESC, I've had some over the years that was like F9 or some shit. How i figured out my work computer was power off and spam one key at a time till the BIOS opened, started with DEL, then ESC because those are the most common. then went through the F keys from 1 to 12 and naturally it was the last one i tried. but yeah just trial and error spam the key till one works.

5 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

have you tried resetting CMOS?

don't know how

29 minutes ago, Falling Enity said:

don't know how

4. Find the battery on the board. The battery may be in a horizontal or vertical battery holder, or connected to an onboard header with a wire.
  5. Remove the battery:
    1. If the battery is in a holder, note the orientation of the + and  on the battery. Gently pry the battery free from its connector.
    2. If the battery is connected to an onboard header with a wire, disconnect the wire from the onboard header.

Battery looks like this.

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

15 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

5. Remove the battery:

Battery looks like this.

The thing is that I do not want to in-valid my warranty on my new pc because I think it is under my graphics card 

Edited by Falling Enity

1 hour ago, Falling Enity said:

The thing is that I do not want to in-valid my warranty on my new pc because I think it is under my graphics card 

16 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

5. Remove the battery:

Battery looks like this.

Thanks I got in my BIOS 🙂 

THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED

2021-07-27 12_08_38-PC Health Check.png

Edited by Falling Enity