New Windows 9 Concept – Windows 9 install screen

JantsoP

So I’m partnering up with super concept creator Yanko Andreev and we’re going to be putting some concepts for Windows 9 out there to experiment with what the future of Windows could be.

We talked a little about what the Windows 9 install screen should be and this is the concept for a Windows 9 install screen.

Looks neat: Windows9-concept-Install-1024x576.jpg

I mean much cleaner than Win Vista to Win 8 installers

Source: http://windows9update.com/2014/04/04/new-windows-9-concept-windows-9-install-screen/

Forget about this screen.... I only see this like once in a blue moon. I want to know what happened to the desktop and everything.

You mean like: 

:3

please stop this metro ui , its so dumb

|Casual Rig| CPU: i5-6600k |MoBo: ROG Gene  |GPU: Asus 670 Direct CU2 |RAM: RipJaws 2400MHz 2x8GB DDR4 |Heatsink: H100i |Boot Drive: Samsung Evo SSD 240GB|Chassis:BitFenix Prodigy |Peripherals| Keyboard:DasKeyboard, Cherry MX Blue Switches,|Mouse: Corsair M40

|Server Specs| CPU: i7-3770k [OC'd @ 4.1GHz] |MoBo: Sabertooth Z77 |RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 2x8GB |Boot Drive: Samsung 840 SSD 128GB|Storage Drive: 4 WD 3TB Red Drives Raid 5 |Chassis:Corsair 600t 

meh, i mean, im gonna look at that screen for literaly 2 seconds, and seeing that ill maybe install it 3 times, it means that ill be looking at it 6 seconds in my whole life... why are we even interested in this?

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

I think we need to seriouslly stop with so many versions for business and home. Windows 9 should ditch that terrible trend and be ONE OS.

But what about lower end hardware ect ect ect?

Windows 9 should simply be a unified OS that has an advanced set-up feature that functions much like RT Seven Lite, Vlite ect. Let users decide what they want installed on their system. I don't want games, languages packs I'd never use, hundreds of drivers for printers I'd never own ect making the OS bloated. I want to choose what I want within reason without resulting to 3rd party. If the system is an underpowered netbook, the install should scan to detect what the hardware is capable of and become the 'starter version' - if the pc is powerful, it should function like an ultimate edition of Windows.

Seriously, please stop the pointless multi versions and make Windows 9. As much as I dislike Apple, I applaud them for not making daft decisions with multiple versions of the same OS. Don't gimp it intentionally, give us the actual OS.

HEIL WINDOWS 7

I WILL USE WIN7 UNTILL MICROSOFT AND GAMES STOPS SUPPORT IT!

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

I only see blue screens Nty.

Cheese

The hipster hate will die out. If it's anything decent a good portion of people will move over from 7 to 9 and then recycle all of the vista jokes with windows 8. 

Wow, looks like Gnome setup!

You mean like: 

:3

That song is in Fallout game yeay!!! me likey!!!

PC Gaming forever...

As far as I can tell this website has no association with Microsoft, nor does anyone contributing to the website. This is just a big guess with no basis unless I am missing something?

As far as I can tell this website has no association with Microsoft, nor does anyone contributing to the website. This is just a big guess with no basis unless I am missing something?

thats why there called concepts

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

please stop this metro ui , its so dumb

While i hate the "modern UI" interface, i kinda like the squared look of windows 8. It reminds me of Holo on android

Praise Duarte!

thats why there called concepts

But posting it in the news section kind of implies that it's an official Microsoft concept, which might have some meaning.

But posting it in the news section kind of implies that it's an official Microsoft concept, which might have some meaning.

truths

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Love how clean the concept is. They should have all their graphics to be vectored as it gives it a crisp look. :)

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

I'm just gonna stick with my blue screen.post-35943-0-53365800-1396876483.gif

(sneezes) "Sorry I'm allergic to bullshit"

If windows 9 is a faster more efficient windows 7, then I will buy it. If not, Microsoft can screw off.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|