[Potentially SOLVED?] Armoury Crate + iCUE = RAM flickering & freezing.

Go to solution Solved by gal-m,

Sorry for reviving such an old thread but I am ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN that this is going to help someone!

In short what worked for me was DISABLING the ASUS plugin in Corsair iCUE. Even though it was my understanding it needs to be enabled you actually need to DISABLE it completely.

This really sucks as I came across this solution by chance, since I have not seen many helpfull forum posts discussing compatibility issues with different RGB software..

PROCESS:

1. disable ASUS plugin in Corsair iCUE software (untick the plugin toggle switch)
  2. the (ASUS) motherboard section in Corsair iCue should then disappear, so that you can no longer control your motherboard with iCue - that will be left to ASUS Armoury Crate
  3. restart your computer
  4. reset all of the settings in ASUS Armoury Crate & Corsair iCUE back to their defaults
  5. restart again
  6. now you should be able to reapply all of your effect in BOTH ASUS Armoury Crate (RAM lighting) AND Corsair iCUE
  7. restart again and check for flickering/incompatibility.

My RAM's animation set in Armoury crate begins to flicker and then freezes. I think there might be a compatibility issue with the above mentioned pieces of software..

Any suggestions?

Specs!?

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

1 minute ago, HanZie82 said:

Specs!!!

Whoops, sorry, forgot to save my edit.
I'll make it quick for ya @HanZie82:

1036972744_Screenshot2021-07-09at18_24_07.png.b5da806f129e011e3e3d7857949cc174.png

3 minutes ago, gal-m said:

Whoops, sorry, forgot to save my edit.
I'll make it quick for ya @HanZie82:

Ah that can happen.
It surely is readable! 🙂

Do you have your RAM OCed? (Even XMP) that might starve the RGB part for power. Upping the voltage slightly can help, but take in mind the max.

Oh and you might already have found out, those kinds of software are pretty crap. They never get the love they need.

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

2 minutes ago, HanZie82 said:

Ah that can happen.
It surely is readable! 🙂

Do you have your RAM OCed? (Even XMP) that might starve the RGB part for power. Upping the voltage slightly can help, but take in mind the max.

Max volt for ddr4 is prob around 1.5-1.6v

2 minutes ago, HanZie82 said:

Oh and you might already have found out, those kinds of software are pretty crap. They never get the love they need

Hey @HanZie82, no I actually haven't OC'd anything yet. Everything is absolutely stock. They only thing I have done is updated the BIOS to the newest version, but that's it.

I'd just like to control the multi hundred dollar lighting I paid for...

Armoury Crate never fails to make my system unstable until I use the official tool to remove it. Random lock ups, reboots mid game.. All that goes away once Armoury Crate is gone.

3 minutes ago, rickeo said:

Armoury Crate never fails to make my system unstable until I use the official tool to remove it. Random lock ups, reboots mid game.. All that goes away once Armoury Crate is gone.

So you've set up the lighting and then removed it via the uninstall tool @rickeo?

8 minutes ago, gal-m said:

So you've set up the lighting and then removed it via the uninstall tool @rickeo?

I set up the lighting and removed with just being fed up my systems performance with it installed. I wasn't really even worried about the lighting at that point and all it was controlling was my EK AIO blocks RGB lighting. After uninstalling the software the lighting on the block is still doing a basic rainbow wave and honestly, that's fine. I'd much rather have no control over the RGB on that block vs. dealing with that software on my system.

• 11 months later...

Sorry for reviving such an old thread but I am ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN that this is going to help someone!

In short what worked for me was DISABLING the ASUS plugin in Corsair iCUE. Even though it was my understanding it needs to be enabled you actually need to DISABLE it completely.

This really sucks as I came across this solution by chance, since I have not seen many helpfull forum posts discussing compatibility issues with different RGB software..

PROCESS:

1. disable ASUS plugin in Corsair iCUE software (untick the plugin toggle switch)
  2. the (ASUS) motherboard section in Corsair iCue should then disappear, so that you can no longer control your motherboard with iCue - that will be left to ASUS Armoury Crate
  3. restart your computer
  4. reset all of the settings in ASUS Armoury Crate & Corsair iCUE back to their defaults
  5. restart again
  6. now you should be able to reapply all of your effect in BOTH ASUS Armoury Crate (RAM lighting) AND Corsair iCUE
  7. restart again and check for flickering/incompatibility.