Windows 11 install on non compatible PC

meepthegreat

So i have been in the windows insider program for bout a year now.   So i get updates pretty regularly and often.  I just installed one of those updates, after waiting a bit.  Now i have windows 11.  First, I didnt expect this to be installable via the insider program.  But i could believe it, and it seems semi reasonable.  The confusing thing, and the reason i'm making this post, is that i know for a fact my PC isnt compatible with windows 11.  It doesnt have a TPM.  Not just that it doesnt have 2.0, but it doesnt have any period.  I don't have secure boot.  Or UEFI.  This is an old machine.  Anyone else seeing this?  Thought it was very strange.    

Screenshot (182).png

What are the rest of your system specs? The TPM requirement was removed from the insider build.

2 minutes ago, rickeo said:

What are the rest of your system specs? The TPM requirement was removed from the insider build.

Ah.  That'd explain it.  I'm running a 1050 ti, and an i7 2600

1 minute ago, Viper9 said:

You can bypass all this if you use WinPass11.

Hmm, not sure if you read his post. Why would he need to bypass it?

1 minute ago, Viper9 said:

You can bypass all this if you use WinPass11.

Op has it running, he just wants to know how he's able to run it.

If my answer is correct or is helpful please mark it as the solution. Quote me in your post to summon me. Beware that after summoning me ill never leave. 

25 minutes ago, meepthegreat said:

So i have been in the windows insider program for bout a year now.   So i get updates pretty regularly and often.  I just installed one of those updates, after waiting a bit.  Now i have windows 11.  First, I didnt expect this to be installable via the insider program.  But i could believe it, and it seems semi reasonable.  The confusing thing, and the reason i'm making this post, is that i know for a fact my PC isnt compatible with windows 11.  It doesnt have a TPM.  Not just that it doesnt have 2.0, but it doesnt have any period.  I don't have secure boot.  Or UEFI.  This is an old machine.  Anyone else seeing this?  Thought it was very strange.    

Screenshot (182).png

I believe the Insider Program is allowing people to install Windows 11 Insider Preview on most systems running Windows 10 regardless of whether they "meet" the requirements or not. This is because it's an Insider Preview build meant for testing on non-production systems, and thus is not representative of the final build.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

25 minutes ago, rickeo said:

Also the insider tpm requirement is not fully removed, some insiders have been reported getting the tpm requirement error including me and other forum members. 

If my answer is correct or is helpful please mark it as the solution. Quote me in your post to summon me. Beware that after summoning me ill never leave. 

24 minutes ago, meepthegreat said:

Ah.  That'd explain it.  I'm running a 1050 ti, and an i7 2600

You do meet the requirements, except the TPM chip and like @rickeo said you don't need a TPM chip when you install the Windows 11 preview build. 

Windows 11 Insider build doesn't enforce any hardware requirements. Microsoft is actually collecting data on how it works on different older hardware. They've already said they may extend support to 7th gen Intel and first gen Ryzen based on how it fares with the Insider previews. It's always possible they may extend support further if there's no real issues, but nothing is guaranteed. They've made clear that just because you can run the Insider build does not mean you will be.able to get the final release.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

The requirements aren't present for the Insider build. That's a system that should run Windows 11 perfectly. It's still a very capable computer. 

31 minutes ago, Viper9 said:

You do meet the requirements, except the TPM chip and like @rickeo said you don't need a TPM chip when you install the Windows 11 preview build. 

A Sandy Bridge i7 most certainly does not meet the CPU requirements. 

Phobos: AMD Ryzen 7 2700, 16GB 3000MHz DDR4, ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, 2GB Nvidia GeForce GT 1030, 1TB Samsung SSD 980, 450W Corsair CXM, Corsair Carbide 175R, Windows 10 Pro

Polaris: Intel Xeon E5-2697 v2, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASRock X79 Extreme6, 12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080, 6GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, 1TB Crucial MX500, 750W Corsair RM750, Antec SX635, Windows 10 Pro

Pluto: Intel Core i7-2600, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASUS P8Z68-V, 4GB XFX AMD Radeon RX 570, 8GB ASUS AMD Radeon RX 570, 1TB Samsung 860 EVO, 3TB Seagate BarraCuda, 750W EVGA BQ, Fractal Design Focus G, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

York (NAS): Intel Core i5-2400, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, HP Compaq OEM, 240GB Kingston V300 (boot), 3x2TB Seagate BarraCuda, 320W HP PSU, HP Compaq 6200 Pro, TrueNAS CORE (12.0)