Microsoft makes TPM issue worse: TPM 1.2 is actually NOT acceptable

gjsman
On 6/26/2021 at 6:19 AM, gjsman said:

Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster with 2 or more cores on a compatible 64-bit processor or System on a Chip (SoC)

Even Microsoft knows the Spectre and Meltdown Vulnerabilities are plaguing 6th and 7th gen Intel Processors, Microsoft should keep on supporting them as these generation can narrowly beat the 1st gen Ryzen (Microsoft also dropped support for this AMD processor on Windows 11, despite that it can still perform well) from AMD and they can still keep up on doing demanding task.

Even Microsoft knows the Spectre and Meltdown Vulnerabilities are plaguing 6th and 7th gen Intel Processors

When this vulnerabilities were found, a lot of Manufacturers released firmware and BIOS updates to protect the system against these attacks and even Microsoft released Windows 10 patches against this attacks too. For this case Microsoft's planned obsolescence are same that we see on the Apple ones.

On 6/26/2021 at 6:19 AM, gjsman said:

In order to run Windows 11, devices must meet the hardware specifications. Devices that do not meet the hardware requirements cannot be upgraded to Windows 11.

If Microsoft still don't create a way on how we can install Windows 11 despite we don't meet the processor requirements, millions upon millions of an average Joe who were not that techie like us were left vulnerable into more serious and more destructive security vulnerabilities and threats in 2025-2026 because of Microsoft's requirements for installing Windows 11 and with the coinciding Windows 10's End of Support.

I know MS has handled this poorly but think people are making a mountain out of a molehill.

Most, relatively modern systems do have TPM2.0  and if it doesn't it is a security issue but can be worked around with relative ease (repacking ISO) when setting up the installer - sure some ISO's will crop up with the TPM2.0 check disabled.
Furthermore, I tested the health utility and it now give you the error that you do not have TPM2.0 enabled.

It's new, I know, and we don't like new but this really isn't such a big deal.

i got a new laptop last month and it doesnt have tpm.

i even went to bios to checkif there is any tpm settings

i even tried installing windows 11(thio joe technic) on my mom laptop but it didn't install

Pls Mark a solution as a solution, would be really helpful.

BTW pls correct me, iam really stoobid at times.

1 hour ago, CRWND_12 said:

For this case Microsoft's planned obsolescence are same that we see on the Apple ones.

What planned obsolescence? My grandparents have a 2011 iMac, it just lost support this year, a decade after launch. Apple gives most Macs about 7 years of major updates, but Windows users seem to forget that each version of MacOS gets 2-3 years of security updates after the next version of MacOS comes out. Once you factor that in, you get about a decade in support for each Mac on average, and sometimes more. Bought a 2013 MacBook? It's last supported version is Big Sur, but going by past precedent, that will be in support until late 2022 to early 2023. Bought a 2014 Mac mini? It just made the cut for Monterey, so it's safe until 2024-2025 at least, assuming it doesn't make the cut for MacOS 13. That's not unreasonable. Microsoft is actually way worse in this. You bought a 7th gen chip system? You have from 2016-2025 at best, or if you bought some devices later like a certain Surface Studio 2 brand new, 2021 to 2025. 

6 hours ago, gjsman said:

What planned obsolescence? My grandparents have a 2011 iMac, it just lost support this year, a decade after launch. Apple gives most Macs about 7 years of major updates, but Windows users seem to forget that each version of MacOS gets 2-3 years of security updates after the next version of MacOS comes out.

Yep and since the OS ships with all the drivers etc included that means you are also getting security updates for the system firmware as well, many OEM devices will typically stop getting firmware/UEFI updates one or two years after they stop selling that skew. (most in fact still even do not have a good way for the end user to be able to safely update their UEFI/bios without risking bricking the device) This is a big deal, as bugs in these parts of your system tend to be crippling if exploited, having such a un-package device years after the exploits has been published is a scary thing.  

22 hours ago, gjsman said:

What planned obsolescence? 

Those planned obsolescence were dropping support between older hardwares despite of the fact that it still capable of running newer operating systems

1 hour ago, CRWND_12 said:

Those planned obsolescence were dropping support between older hardwares despite of the fact that it still capable of running newer operating systems

Emm... No? They dropped it because it couldn't run Metal API, so even if you patch it to run the next version of MacOS, you have no hardware acceleration at all. Considering it had a 10 year run and it was a new API, I'm not upset because otherwise it could go on forever.