Since it's inception to March 2014, Watch Dogs keeps looking worse and worse and..

nicehat

Why are you all concerned by the game's graphics? Because it looks a little worse that the trailer you won't be able to play it? You really need to stop with the childish bullshit surrounding the visuals of a game. Want a game that has more worth than all your Assassin's Creeds, Battlefields and Crysis..s..es? (can I use Cryses as a plural?)? Play "Papers, Please" and I know I sound like a douchey hipster but I DON'T CARE. Whoever uses graphics as an argument against consoles makes me want to bash their heads with cartridges of "Super Metroid" and "Final Fantasy 6".

Whoever uses graphics as an argument against consoles makes me want to bash their heads with cartridges of "Super Metroid" and "Final Fantasy 6".

Came to post this, essentially.

Good graphics does not a game make. Where's the discussion of mechanics and gameplay? Big whoop if it's not the prettiest thing you've ever seen as long as it plays well.

First person to modder to mod watch dogs to make it look amazing is gonna get A LOT of donations.

(sneezes) "Sorry I'm allergic to bullshit"

Good graphics does not a game make. Where's the discussion of mechanics and gameplay? Big whoop if it's not the prettiest thing you've ever seen as long as it plays well.

Well, we can't really discuss the mechanics and gameplay when none of us have gotten a chance to play it. We can only talk about what we've been exposed to, and right now, that's the graphics. I think more people would be less negative about the game if it looked the way it does now from the start. Instead, we had impressive intial videos that got worse over time.

I don't disagree with you about the importance of gameplay with regard to graphics, but why can't we hope for both?

Why does anyone believe what we are shown about a games graphics before it actually comes out? it's utter horseshit most of the time, the only way to know for sure what it will look like is to actually see a retail copy of the game. Until you see it don't believe a dammed thing you see or hear.

totally blew my mind when it first came out!

hoping source 2 tech demo @ e3 it would be epic

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

Why are you all concerned by the game's graphics? Because it looks a little worse that the trailer you won't be able to play it? You really need to stop with the childish bullshit surrounding the visuals of a game. Want a game that has more worth than all your Assassin's Creeds, Battlefields and Crysis..s..es? (can I use Cryses as a plural?)? Play "Papers, Please" and I know I sound like a douchey hipster but I DON'T CARE. Whoever uses graphics as an argument against consoles makes me want to bash their heads with cartridges of "Super Metroid" and "Final Fantasy 6".

Lol, 2 games with good graphics at the time. I don't play a game for its " worth" especially as a sociopolitical commentary, I play for the experience. Papers please is not fun (kind of the point). BF4 is fun and it looks great. Yes games can be fun if they look bad, but it really takes me out of the experience.

Why does anyone believe what we are shown about a games graphics before it actually comes out?

Why does it matters though? Are we really that fucking defeatist that we make fun of the stupid people who believe the lies instead of the company that intentionally lied it's ass out? Check Sterlin's take on buyer's beware:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/jimquisition/8974-Buyer-Beware

-------

Current Rig

-------

I'm expecting same graphics on PC as on the tech demo at E3 2012 if not better.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator RGB 32 GB (4x8GB) DDR4 GPU: EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB NVME | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Seagate Barracuda 8TB Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P600S PSU: Corsair RM850x

I am a gamer, not because I don't have a life, but because I choose to have many.

PC will get those E3 2012 graphics. Thats a given.

Consoles? Who knows. This is still launch window, I'm not expecting greatness out of these systems till next year. 

At the very least your heavy hitters like Halo et al for each console will show off what they can do when they have 3 years with a single platform to truly see how much they can squeeze out of a platform. 

This is much ado about nothing. And so what if Watch Dogs doesn't look as good. Do you play (and pay) for graphics or for gameplay? 

Well, we can't really discuss the mechanics and gameplay when none of us have gotten a chance to play it. We can only talk about what we've been exposed to, and right now, that's the graphics. I think more people would be less negative about the game if it looked the way it does now from the start. Instead, we had impressive intial videos that got worse over time.

I don't disagree with you about the importance of gameplay with regard to graphics, but why can't we hope for both?

We can but putting a disproportionate amount of hope in good graphics to the point that if we do not have it the game goes from good to bad, and have people dismiss it while having no further proof of gameplay (to some extent story) is bad and lead to companies spending all their budget and time on graphics to impress those gamers and when the game releases it has no substance outside of being pretty. Also we know that the initial announcement was running on a pc and that since then we only saw the console version. The pc will still look the best and will still look like the initial announcement. it is still the lead development platform.

This is what it comes up to now when people talk about games and it is so sad. A lot of people dismiss a game because it has "bad" graphics. While graphics can help enhance the gaming experience it is by no mean the most important part of a game. A game could have the best graphics in the world but if it plays very badly, its a bad game.

NZXT Phantom 410 Gunmetal | Asus Z87-A (don't ask why I have a Z mobo with a non k cpu, have my reasons)| Intel Core i7 4770 | XGIMATEK Dark Knight II| 8GB Corsair Vengeance | 120GB SKHynix | 2tb WD Green | Gigabyte GTX 770 OC | OCZ 750W ZT | Logitech DiNovo Edge | Logitech G602

We can but putting a disproportionate amount of hope in good graphics to the point that if we do not have it the game goes from good to bad, and have people dismiss it while having no further proof of gameplay (to some extent story) is bad and lead to companies spending all their budget and time on graphics to impress those gamers and when the game releases it has no substance outside of being pretty.

True, yet you might want to send that as an email to Ubisoft since they're the ones who hyped the graphics on this "next gen" game and then failed to deliver on next gen consoles only to immediately go to that precise argument of "gameplay is more important than graphics". It sure is, you should have thought about that before focusing on graphics and promising detail levels you can't deliver. Why are we supposed to be understanding of a problem of their own creation?

-------

Current Rig

-------

I don't blame them, I blame the hardware in PS4 which is comparable to the lowest end gaming PC.

On PC, I am sure that game would look as awesome as shown on 2012 E3.

Still not sure about this game. Will probably wait until it goes on sale at some point in time.

Case: Corsair Vengeance C70 Gunmetal Black CPU: i7-4770k Cooler: Corsair H100i RAM: 8gb Corsair Vengeance Pro GPU: ASUS Direct CUII 770 MOBO: Asus Maximus VI Hero PSU: EVGA Supernova 1000 G2

Lol, 2 games with good graphics at the time. I don't play a game for its " worth" especially as a sociopolitical commentary, I play for the experience. Papers please is not fun (kind of the point). BF4 is fun and it looks great. Yes games can be fun if they look bad, but it really takes me out of the experience.

I doubt that they looked amazing at the time, with the PS1 launching in Japan that year, and a game shouldn't be carried by its graphics but by its art style. I'm not implying that a good looking game can't be fun, what I'm trying to say is that game developers shouldn't chase amazing visuals if that means that their budget gets so ridiculous that 2 million copies sold is a loss and fans go ape-shit because their publisher is an idiot that wants to build so much hype that whatever game comes out it can't match the BS talked by the marketing department.

didnt this happened with another game? was it Forza 5 were they showed amazing graphics at events and at release it was crap?

PC Gaming forever...

just release a PC trailer with PC footage ubisoft

This has been posted before, and the earlier footage is from a high end PC whereas the newer footage is from the PS4. I would think LTT already knew PC > console.

I'm selling my x1. Both consoles are hardly next gen.

to be honest, i really dont know why i got it, i bought the ps3, sold it, and now ps4. I got xbox 360 for halo, and i admit, i loved it. i played All halos again and it was amazing. hey heres an idea, lets swap :D

True, yet you might want to send that as an email to Ubisoft since they're the ones who hyped the graphics on this "next gen" game and then failed to deliver on next gen consoles only to immediately go to that precise argument of "gameplay is more important than graphics". It sure is, you should have thought about that before focusing on graphics and promising detail levels you can't deliver. Why are we supposed to be understanding of a problem of their own creation?

Is it thought? They first said that the reveal trailer was on a high end pc (2x GTX 680) at their initial event, then they went on to show the console version and did say that it was the PS4 version being showed (except for that one video that was labelled PC then changed back to PS4). They made it clear which version was being showed but people were just fixated on the reveal and believed that it would look the par on console as well, at least from what I gathered from people reactions.

I would agree with you that showing the PC version as the reveal was a bit of a miscalculation on their part (if you are aware of the state in which that reveal was made you would see that it was rushed and pushed by the CEO of Ubisoft while the developers were not even ready). They should have chosen a platform to showcase and stick with it until now but that is not what they did which is unfortunate, they could have had a lot less headache if they had done it. I can however applaud them on being somewhat transparent about which version is being showed, a lot of games show the PC version of a game and people don't find out about it until it is released (I bet Dark Souls II will look like the previews on PC)

Last thing is even with the obvious downgrade in graphics, the game still looks incredible and a lot of people will probably play at that level of detail and be fine (I am speaking about the PC here, not everyone has high end cards)

NZXT Phantom 410 Gunmetal | Asus Z87-A (don't ask why I have a Z mobo with a non k cpu, have my reasons)| Intel Core i7 4770 | XGIMATEK Dark Knight II| 8GB Corsair Vengeance | 120GB SKHynix | 2tb WD Green | Gigabyte GTX 770 OC | OCZ 750W ZT | Logitech DiNovo Edge | Logitech G602

None of this surprises me even a little  :mellow:

im fucking selling my PS4, worst money i ever spent, Fuck the PS4, i just wanted to play destiny

George-Zimmer.jpg

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

I would agree with you that showing the PC version as the reveal was a bit of a miscalculation on their part 

You say miscalculation, I'm not so sure it was accidental. But at the very least you'd think that a major publisher wouldn't be as short sighted. But alas, we don't really know for sure I guess we could go with a very convenient yet unfortunate miscalculation to cover all bases  :D

-------

Current Rig

-------

this logic makes no sense. if they had wasted time and effort to create an amazing looking game that runs on sli 680's, they wouldn't throw away all their effort just to optimize the game. They would keep it and make it the ultra setting. Optimizing doesn't mean making the game look like shit

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

None of this surprises me even a little  :mellow:

George-Zimmer.jpg

with the way watch dogs has gone....i wont get my hopes up.......BUT, bungie are making the game and their publisher isnt Ubisoft.

You say miscalculation, I'm not so sure it was accidental. But at the very least you'd think that a major publisher wouldn't be as short sighted. But alas, we don't really know for sure I guess we could go with a very convenient yet unfortunate miscalculation to cover all bases  :D

I think they they knew what they were doing when they presented the PC version first, they wanted to blow people minds and by 2012 standards that demo was absolutely breathe taking (still is but more so back then). Their miscalculation comes from the fact that they didn't anticipate what a backlash showing the PC version first and then the console would create. Ubisoft is supposed to show a demo of the game next week so we will see if they still only show the console version or if they will also show the PC version, if not I guess May 27th is not far away. I would just say to others to wait for the full release before making their mind up and calling the game bad just because the graphics may have been downgraded, which is probably not true.