Since it's inception to March 2014, Watch Dogs keeps looking worse and worse and..

nicehat

Worse

I think in an effort to make this game more palatable to the console hardware offerings, they've let their shit slip graphically since what they initially showed at E3 2012 on their SLI GTX 680 setup. I guess the game was never supposed to look like that. It was a big tease. I suppose our only hope here for the Watch Dogs that we were initially promised, are the modders out there. Slim chance it will look anywhere as good as E3 2012 though.

I suppose this game is subject to change still. However seeing that the game is set to release on May 27, almost all things at this stage are set in stone. 

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.7Ghz when gaming | MSI 990FXA-GD80 v2 | Swiftech H220 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  +  XFX Radeon 7950 | 8 Gigs of Crucial Ballistix Tracers | 140 GB Raptor X | 1 TB WD Blue | 250 GB Samsung Pro SSD | 120 GB Samsung SSD | 750 Watt Antec HCG PSU | Corsair C70 Mil Green

Why does anyone believe what we are shown about a games graphics before it actually comes out? it's utter horseshit most of the time, the only way to know for sure what it will look like is to actually see a retail copy of the game. Until you see it don't believe a dammed thing you see or hear.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

They drive hype with a good looking game and then the truth comes out.

happens a lot on console

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

It's a comparison of a PC version versus PS4 version?

What's the cause for concern?

All that video shows is PC vs PS4 and the scenes compared aren't even the same place or time, of course they'll look different.

Unnecessary concern.

PC will still look sexy.

New PC Build - Build Log - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/276039-project-swift-force/

[spoiler=]

• Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo
  • Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Hero
  • CPU: Intel i7-4790K
  • GPU1: GIGABYTE G1 GAMING GTX 970 4GB
  • GPU2: GIGABYTE G1 GAMING GTX 970 4GB
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro Red, 16gb (2x8GB) @1600mhz
  • PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850W 80+ Gold
  • CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61
  • HDD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB 7200RPM
  • SSD: Samsung 840 EVO - 250GB
  • Monitor: Asus PG278Q ROG Swift 27" 144hz G-Sync
  • Headphones: Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 600 OHM
  • DAC/AMP: Mayflower Objective2 + ODAC Combo
  • Mouse: ROCCAT Kone Pure Optical
  • Keyboard: KBP V60 - Cherry MX Brown

It's a comparison of a PC version versus PS4 version?

What's the cause for concern?

All that video shows is PC vs PS4 and the scenes compared aren't even the same place or time, of course they'll look different.

Unnecessary concern.

PC will still look sexy.

This is a multiplatform release. It gets ported up to the PC. It will basically look at par or a bit better than console. 

EDIT: Looks like they will be porting from PC down.. 

http://www.vg247.com/2013/02/27/watch-dogs-pc-is-lead-platform/

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.7Ghz when gaming | MSI 990FXA-GD80 v2 | Swiftech H220 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  +  XFX Radeon 7950 | 8 Gigs of Crucial Ballistix Tracers | 140 GB Raptor X | 1 TB WD Blue | 250 GB Samsung Pro SSD | 120 GB Samsung SSD | 750 Watt Antec HCG PSU | Corsair C70 Mil Green

they're trying to market to us that the game will look good on consoles because they sell more there than on PC (Because PIRATES).

But in the end when it retails, PC will look like what was showed on E3 2012, or even better.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 8GB 1866 Video Card: MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G SSDSamsung 840 Evo 250GB HDD: WD 1TB + 500GB Caviar Blue
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2 Case: Gigabyte GZ-G1 Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Keyboard: Corsair K70 MX Brown MousePad: Corsair MM200
Steam/Origin/Uplay: renz62

This is a multiplatform release. It gets ported up to the PC. It will basically look at par or a bit better than console. 

If you think about this, you'll realise it doesn't make any sense.

I heard that the PC will not be a port.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Why aren't they porting games from PC to consoles now that the consoles are pretty much PCs?

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

This is based upon what factual information?

So far the PC Trailer shown looks far superior to the PS4, there's no reason to doubt it will look any worse than shown.

New PC Build - Build Log - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/276039-project-swift-force/

[spoiler=]

• Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo
  • Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Hero
  • CPU: Intel i7-4790K
  • GPU1: GIGABYTE G1 GAMING GTX 970 4GB
  • GPU2: GIGABYTE G1 GAMING GTX 970 4GB
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro Red, 16gb (2x8GB) @1600mhz
  • PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850W 80+ Gold
  • CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61
  • HDD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB 7200RPM
  • SSD: Samsung 840 EVO - 250GB
  • Monitor: Asus PG278Q ROG Swift 27" 144hz G-Sync
  • Headphones: Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 600 OHM
  • DAC/AMP: Mayflower Objective2 + ODAC Combo
  • Mouse: ROCCAT Kone Pure Optical
  • Keyboard: KBP V60 - Cherry MX Brown

This is based upon what factual information?

So far the PC Trailer shown looks far superior to the PS4, there's no reason to doubt it will look any worse than shown.

Yepp that was my point above, they had it running on PC looking good in 2012. With how similar the architecture is for next gen consoles nowadays, It literally makes no sense for them to develop the game for weaker hardware, then port up to PC.

Although it is Ubisoft.

Don't judge a game by it's pre-rendered trailer simple as that.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

im fucking selling my PS4, worst money i ever spent, Fuck the PS4, i just wanted to play destiny

Come on, it has been out for like 10 minutes, give it a chance to get some traction. The PS3 and 360 were exactly the same when they released. If they plan to give the ps4 at least a 5 year life, then things will get better. PS3 devs are not used to coding on the platform and nobody knows how hard they can push the hardware yet. Plus more exclusives will come out in the coming months/years

Seems crazy to dismiss it so early

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Come on, it has been out for like 10 minutes, give it a chance to get some traction. The PS3 and 360 were exactly the same when they released. If they plan to give the ps4 at least a 5 year life, then things will get better. PS3 devs are not used to coding on the platform and nobody knows how hard they can push the hardware yet. Plus more exclusives will come out in the coming months/years

Seems crazy to dismiss it so early

ill probs buy it back at some point, maybe next year christmas but now, its really just catching dust, honestly. best dust holder i've had since xbox 360

ill probs buy it back at some point, maybe next year christmas but now, its really just catching dust, honestly. best dust holder i've had since xbox 360

yeah i'm not a big console person, though I have gone out of my way to own all consoles that have come out - I mean my current PS3 normally gets turn on every few weeks so I can download the things free on PS PLUS then i turn it off again :P

But I am someone that finds things hard to sell, I tend to hoard like crazy

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

well i'm not suprised. what i hope people understand is that the game that was shown at E3 was "mess". it was not in any way finished and was more or less staged to get a trailer out. ofcours they don't know what the ps3/ps4 will mange at that point. a WHOLE lot is left in that stage, like optimalization and setting graphics. i don't rember who said it, but it was a great point. when they make a game they make it look awsome, but if their hardware can't take it they just add a better GPU another GPU soo the game will look awsome. thats what happend at E3, it's not like a PS3 or PS4 will be anywhere near a gtx 680 sli build, and to get the framerates needed they have to set the graphics down. while i don't agree whit this way of marketing it's happening because we want to know soo much of the fututre games and they then show us a unfinishd product that have been polished as hell to make it look good for a while. 

if you know norwegian, Levelup, a videogame show on Vgtv had a great comment on this =D

Yeah after all the panic, think its going to look fine :P

im fucking selling my PS4, worst money i ever spent, Fuck the PS4, i just wanted to play destiny

I'm selling my x1. Both consoles are hardly next gen.

Case: NZXT H500i. Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A. CPU: i7 9700k OC @ 5.0GHz. GPU: EVGA 2080 FTW3 CPU Cooler: NZXT X62. Memory: G. Skill Ripjaws 32Gb 3200mhz. Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD /  120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD  /  WD Caviar Black 3TB / WD Caviar Green 4TB. . PSU: Corsair AX760. Monitor: 2x Acer XB270HU. Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB. Mouse: Corsair Glaive. 

Best get it on PC then... PS4 OR XBONE will never be up to par with PC...

Unless they do a shitty port to PCs from consoles(even though they made the PC version first),it will look better on the master race.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case.