What is your current carrier.

What cell phone carrier do you use?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. What cell phone carrier do you currently use?

• AT&T
    • Verizon
    • T-Mobile (Sprint users also go here.)
    • Other

in USA.

Other = Google Fi, which uses Tmobile/sprint and US Cellular. My area is very US Cellular heavy, but I find it stays on Tmobile 90% of the time, so I think either USC is weaker than they claim, or Tmobile just really upgraded their towers around here.

* your thread was moved to the Phones and Tablets section, please always post in the appropriate section *

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

3 hours ago, RedStillPlays379 said:

*snip*

Same, I also have Fizz, took the 2GB / unlimited plan for $25, but I'm now at 2.5GB for $22 because of the perks, I also never use all my data, so with the rollover (that no other carriers offer), I'm always above 5 or 6 GB of data available.

Never had any issues appart at the start where some SMS 2FA wouldn't work for some reasons, and indoor reception wasn't great at first (had to be right beside the door at my daughter's school to get any reception, it's fine now and I get normal reception while in buildings).

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

8 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

Same, I also have Fizz, took the 2GB / unlimited plan for $25, but I'm now at 2.5GB for $22 because of the perks, I also never use all my data, so with the rollover (that no other carriers offer), I'm always above 5 or 6 GB of data available.

Never had any issues appart at the start where some SMS 2FA wouldn't work for some reasons, and indoor reception wasn't great at first (had to be right beside the door at my daughter's school to get any reception, it's fine now and I get normal reception while in buildings).

I use US Mobile, which basically runs off of Verizon. I pay $15 a month for 5gb of data and unlimited talk and text. I might be hosting my own VPN as they seem to throttle the speeds down to 5mbit when streaming video on YouTube/Netflix just to get the full speeds anywhere.

14 hours ago, The_russian said:

Have you ever won anything from the drawings? I've gotten a $20 Walmart girft card once, no idea how common it is to actually win something though

Edit: @techmanprieto You might want to say if you only want people in the US to vote, otherise you'll probably get a lot of "other" answers that will throw off your results. Unless you do want non-US people to vote, in which case I'll shut up. 

I do, I just forgot to include other carriers from other countries. I was just curious, it wasn't intended to be scientific.

12 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

When I got my first mobile phone I was quite young and data was crazy expensive at that point, so I effectively ended up trained never to use it except in an absolute emergency.

These days, I'm on the cheapest plan with my carrier. When I first joined them the allowance was 500MB and I didn't even use that. But every year or two, to remain competitive, they increase the allowances slightly for each plan. But old habits die hard, so I still end up trying as hard as possible to minimise data use.

They don't offer rollover, but that doesn't matter because to this day I have only ever reached the limit a couple of times.

1 minute ago, techmanprieto said:

I do, I just forgot to include other carriers from other countries. I was just curious, it wasn't intended to be scientific.

I'd suggest you have two other options - one called "Other US carrier" and another for "Other because I am outside the US". That seems like a reasonable compromise rather than listing every single carrier ever!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

7 minutes ago, pythonmegapixel said:

When I got my first mobile phone I was quite young and data was crazy expensive at that point, so I effectively ended up trained never to use it except in an absolute emergency.

These days, I'm on the cheapest plan with my carrier. When I first joined them the allowance was 500MB and I didn't even use that. But every year or two, to remain competitive, they increase the allowances slightly for each plan. But old habits die hard, so I still end up trying as hard as possible to minimise data use.

They don't offer rollover, but that doesn't matter because to this day I have only ever reached the limit a couple of times.

I'd suggest you have two other options - one called "Other US carrier" and another for "Other because I am outside the US". That seems like a reasonable compromise rather than listing every single carrier ever!

Yeah... I cannot seem to be able to edit that. Sorry.