If you could redo your build, what would you do?

CCap

If I could "redo" my system...

There isn't an if. The question is WHEN I redo my system.

Computer parts don't change a ton from one year to the next (unless a new standard is implemented)

Currently I'm in the works of upgrading my CPU/Mobo, adding a second GPU, and water cooling my beast.

The only thing that would probably be an IF, would switching from the HAF Stacker to a 900D [Or even a Mountain Mods Case]. (If money wasn't an object.)

Love my case, but the 900D is amazing, just much more expensive.

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

PSU, case (cm 500 watt 20$ and phantom 410 red)

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Think about what I really want from my PC now, and the future, rather then just now.

I originally had a I5 3550P shitty motherboard and graphics that really annoyed me. I wish I researched a bit more and looked at what would of been better to me rather then what others told me to get..

I would get:

Intel Core I7 4770k

MSI GD65

Kingston HyperX Red

MSI GTX 750ti red cooler thing

Corsair AX600

Fractal Design Define R4

and a few other things like H100i and things. Much better money spent.

change my case probably.

Equality doesn't mean Justice.

Put in that 4960X I had laying around instead of the 4930k.

Put a 1000w PSU in there for SLI in the future.

With that said, I'm rebuilding my rig when X99 comes out and building it in the 760T most likely.

Research and Development at Digital Storm

Personal Website: www.DigitalNav.net

Mh I woulnd't have bought the Force GT SSD if I knew how crappy it was.

I should have gone with a 7970 instead of a 680. Nothing but trouble with Nvidia, luckily I got a 290x now so no worries here ^^

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

Get a 750D

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Cable managment

But why it looks nice?

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

Put in that 4960X I had laying around instead of the 4930k.

Put a 1000w PSU in there for SLI in the future.

With that said, I'm rebuilding my rig when X99 comes out and building it in the 760T most likely.

that 4960x is a sample from intel?

I would have not bought a gaming headset. I would have not bought windows 8.1(crashes my system so I had to buy Win 7) and I would have bought an SSD with the savings.   oh and I might have chosen a different case, as i'm starting to regret my HAF 932 adv in some ways.

My Gaming Bio thingy?  Anyhow I love co-op gaming so add me.   :) Skype/Origin/Uplay/Steam/Other -> "GuestForeverX"

I'd say fk ATX and get a mini itx case and board.

well you could just put a mini itx in a full tower that would look boss

Why do you always die right after I fix you?

a lot of it, mostly the graphic card, but i do plan on spending 2000$ on building a new PC in around the next month

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

Like many people are saying, I'd probably get a different case. The CM Storm Enforcer isn't bad, but there's a pretty open fan grill without filters where top case fans could go. I didn't feel the need to install top fans, so it's just an open space begging for stuff to fall in. For the price, I imagine there's better options out there.

Also, I should've waited before mailing in the rebate for my PSU. When doing heavy gaming, the HX750 is actually kinda loud; maybe spending a little more on a SeaSonic PSU would've been a better idea.

Like many people are saying, I'd probably get a different case. The CM Storm Enforcer isn't bad, but there's a pretty open fan grill without filters where top case fans could go. I didn't feel the need to install top fans, so it's just an open space begging for stuff to fall in. For the price, I imagine there's better options out there.

I had the Enforcer for a while, I really hated dust filters. I changed to the Fractal R4 and don't think I'll need another case for a while.

As for what I'd change, I'd probably drop my processor a little and get a better GPU (using a first-gen i7 and 660 Ti, which started as a GTS 250 before I knew what a graphics card was).

I also think I'd sell the four 500GB HDD's I have now and buy two huge ones for RAID 1, and still use my externals for off-storage and an SSD for everything else. I wouldn't mind getting fancy super quiet fans either but I can't spend $20 on a fan...

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

I'd probably change motherboard if I could to the x79 extreme 11 but it's like $700... so... maybe not....

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

I missed out on buying a 660Ti by a couple of months. If I were to change it now, I'd go with a GTX 760 or 770. Rest of the components, I'm fine with.

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

As the title implicates, if you could redo your rig/setup, what would you do?

Here is what I'd change: 

First, I would change my case-- I hate it. 

Aesthetically she's a beaut but to be honest it was a pain in the rear to get her going, and nearly impossible to manage cables. It doesn't look awful, but it was a hell of a challenge to get it where it is. I have the Bitfenix colossus and I really hate the inverted motherboard layout of the case. I really do. I will be changing my case to an H440 here soon, and will snag an Asus Maximus VI Formula to fill up the case a bit better than my Maximus VI Gene will do. 

(this is the fault of the inverted motherboard layout) My H100i rubs against my graphics card much more than I would like, it almost kinks the cable which pretty much eliminates my chances of ever SLI'ing this beast... (Which was the reason I went mATX instead of ITX))

My HDD: 

I bought a Seagate Baracuda before I had known about the WD black, had I know about it, I would have picked one up. Baracudas = loud = I don't like.

My AF120 Red LED Fans:

These were a terrible idea, they are really loud and little did I know they aren't PWM. :(

My 780ti:

Only because I am going to be upgrading out of my case will I change my graphics card, I would much rather have a KPE than a reference card. I'd be watercooling the KPE after a few months to leave me room to upgrade to 900 series or whatever they come out with at that point.

All in all, my build was rushed. I had planned out a really elaborate 3,000 build, and then my budget got cut by $1,000. I had to replan everything, I panicked, and ordered it in a rush. I am unable to RMA most of it (I'm going to RMA my AF120's and pick up some gentle typhoons). 

A smaller case, 8350 and a nice 990fx board, a better power supply, ssd from the ground up.

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

Would buy a better case, the R5 I have is really good for airflow, but lacks any kind of style. And I’m kind kicking myself for not buying a APU, I got a FX8350, but I kinda wish I got a APU.

Build: Sister's new build |CPU i5 2500k|MOBO MSI h61m-p23 b3|PSU Rosewill 850w  |RAM 4GB 1333|GPU Radeon HD 6950 2GB OCedition|HDD 500GB 7200|HDD 500GB 7200|CASE Rosewill R5|Status online

Build: Digital Vengeance|CPU i7 4790k 4.8GHz 1.33V|MOBO MSI z97-Gaming 7|PSU Seasonic Xseries 850w|RAM 16GB G.skill sniper 2133|GPU Dual R9 290s|SSD 256GB Neutron|SSD 240GB|HDD 2TB 7200|CASE Fractal Design Define R5|Status online

well you could just put a mini itx in a full tower that would look boss

O.o

Linux "nerd".  If I helped you please like my post and maybe add me as a friend :)  ^_^!

Not build it.

I am kidding, waiting and doing it on a AMD FX or Haswell would have been a better option, I choose Ivy over Haswell after about a week of it being lunched.