If you could redo your build, what would you do?

CCap

I'm happy with my PC (i didn't build it all in one go) but one thing i would change is the case. Overall i have very few complaints and like the aesthetics but a silence optimized case with better anti-vibration would have been nice. That being said i paid $49 for my case which imo is very good value and what i want in a case would cost me $120+ so at the end of the day i probably wouldn't change anything.

Intel i7 3770K [] Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 [] MSI R9 290X 4GB [] 16GB  G.SKILL 2133Mhz [] Crucial MX100 256GB [] WD Black 1TB [] XFX Pro 850W [] Fractal Define R3 [] Func MS-3 R2 [] Corsair K60 [] 

I wouldn't redo all of it, but I'd change the case (Cooler Master Elite 430 to a Corsair Graphite 760T), processor (FX-6100 to a FX-6300), add an SSD, get a WD Black, not Blue.

Edit: And a more efficient PSU. Preferably modular.

I would go with a more silent case and a good air cooler instead of an AIO water cooler.

Case: Corsair Vengeance C70 Gunmetal Black CPU: i7-4770k Cooler: Corsair H100i RAM: 8gb Corsair Vengeance Pro GPU: ASUS Direct CUII 770 MOBO: Asus Maximus VI Hero PSU: EVGA Supernova 1000 G2

Nothing since my signature build costed me exactly $0.00. Tho if I was able to change something in it, I would of replaced the A10-6800k with a i3-4330 and the HD 5870 with a GTX 750 Ti SC. As well as the SSD with a 120 GB Samsung 840 EVO.

researched my gpu/motherboard a little better yea the 560ti is great for a first build, but going sli when board cant do it made it a waste until i bought one that could 2 months later. looking back i should have just bought a 580, but now thats a thing of the past. Also my first case was great really gamer with all the blinged out leds and stuff, but it was loud 

its GE (pause) TechNicks

my rig plus everything i have bought for it http://pcpartpicker.com/p/30sNV

Spend more time on cable management. Probably would've gotten a better case. My case isn't that bad, but it REALLY REALLY sucks knowing that I can't fit a 360mm rad on the top of it. and it's a pretty good sized case too.

Enthoo Primo - ASUS Maximus Formula VII - 4790k 4.8ghz 1.28v - EK Supremacy Evo Clean - 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical - 1000w EVGA Supernova Gold - 2x Alphacool Monsta Rads in push/pull - 2x Galaxy 780 HoF with EK waterblock

Build Log http://imgur.com/a/UV6Wh Just want to warn everyone, my build log is pretty mediocre.

I would have done so many things differently, particularly pick a different case. I should have spent some more money buying better components across the board and less on the CPU and memory. Not that I mind having them.

Want to find parts in your budget? Logical Increments is the guide you need. | In the market for a headset? Read this thread. | If you're looking for headphones, please refer to this thread. | Stop being backhanded when offering advice.

CPU: Intel i7-3770K @ 3.5 GHz | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Frio OCK | Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK | Memory: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP (DDR3-1600) | GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition x 2 (Crossfire) | Storage: 120 GB Kingston SSDNow V300 SSD, 2 TB Toshiba HDD | PSU: Corsair TX850 V2 | Case: In-Win Mana 136 (Black)
Monitor: ASUS VS248H-P | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Brown) | Mouse: Logitech G500 | Speakers: Logitech X-140 | Headphones: Philips Fidelio X1, Sony MDR-X05 | Webcam: Logitech C510

I would've built it myself. But you know. Parents and stuff :P

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014

I would have gone for the 3770K first instead of slowly stepping up from a G620 and then a 3240. The first was because I needed a cheap CPU that wouldn't bottlekneck the 550Ti like the AMD processor I had in there originally. (originally it was an old Acer Aspire I aquired from my grandparents after they upgraded to a new computer becuase theirs was slow. Not knowing much about building PC's at the time and the fact that they didn't tell me about it before doing so, I upgraded the ram from a gig to 4 and that cleared up the slowness. Added in the graphics card and power supply (same parts I got for my boyfriend for his birthday so his computer could play games) but I didn't know the CPU would bottlekneck everything, and that promted for the motherboard and CPU upgrade initially)

I also would do a better cable managment job, it's not ugly... but it isn't pretty either. Pretty much all the parts have been changed from the build (apart from replacing the Acer's parts, that computer is completely back together now) and I just wish I could have just done this in the first place. I'd change my power supply though, get something better looking in there and fully modular.

I am going to be redoing the wiring though, pretty much going to be taking the whole thing appart and rebuilding it. I'll try to get pics. Also wish i'd gotten the side panel window for my case as they have gone unavailible again... I have the CM Storm Trooper, and they keep pulling it from the store every now and then. I hope they plan on selling a few more, cause this time i'm gonna pick em up.

If I was to redo my build I would change the case from the coolermaster storm trooper to the corsair 900d. I got big hand and even though the trooper is a full tower there is not enough room for an efficient management. I would replace the 660ti with the future titan z. Running games on high and ultra make this card LOUD. I'd upgrade the mono to a gigabyte ud7 and get the latest and vishera cpu. I would replace the Kingston ram with the almighty dominator platinum. I would keep the power supply just because I've never had any issues with it. I would replace the 2tb wd and get like 2 750gb Samsung who's and 2 3tb wd red. Obviously I would have to a custom water cooling with that 5ghz vishera. That's pretty much it.

I would change my case! I really did not think that through and size wise it is a very tight fit the cooler is about 5mm from the side panel and that is only because I removed the perspex side fan holder, its a bit of a jury rig. The fans are a bit overkill, I would probably go with an H100i in a newer build to cut down on noise, and maybe I should have shelled out for a better processor, it is starting to be the bottleneck at the moment. Still for the budget I had available at the time, it has served its purpose quite well and will probably carry on that way for a while yet.

Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate Wants you! Join now!

UOLTT Basop | Misc Freelancer & Origin M50

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

-Groucho Marx

Take more time sleeving my cables. The result could have been far better but I was in a rush to get my system put back together.

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

I'm redoing my build!  prebuild computers are alright but for an enthusiest... they stink.  from my x79 i7 and my GTX 650 and my old macbook pro, comes a 4670k and a r9 280x from the ashes!  :D

A power supply with longer cables.

My current rig looks so messy due to the way I've had to route some of the cables to get them to reach. I promise myself I'll buy a new PSU, but can never justify spending the money when my current hardware is working perfectly fine.

Not buy the case i have. Not buy the AMD FX chipset and go with an i7 4770k. Get a smaller PSU. Buy a 780 to begin with instead of having a spare 7950 going to waste.