If you could redo your build, what would you do?

CCap

Get a better monitor and motherboard and CPU and a bigger HDD...I think thats all.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

I would swap my gtx 780 from an EVGA ftw to something like a direct cu ii or a reference board so that I could get a water block for it down the road, i would ditch my rog board for a gigabyte z87 ud3h just for the blue color scheme, since I decided to go blue rather than red for lighting too late, and I would go for a hyper 212 or some other less expensive cooler to tide me over until I could do water cooling. Plus bump my psu up to 850 from 750 for more headroom for when I sli. Oh and a bigger case with a bottom basement to stuff with rads and fans.

Humph. I love my pc, but I wish I thought ahead a little better and didn't get swept up in Black Friday combo deals.

everything except for the ram & hdd

Woo!

I changed my case (had the Zalman Z11 plus) because it think it looks horrible and is made of cheap materials, I have the R4 windowed now and it is SOOO much better.

I also plan on replacing my mobo and cpu for an intel chipset that can handle some serious overclocking (I have the H100i so why not).

Current rig: CPU: AMD FX-8120  Cooling: Corsair H100i  Mobo: ASRock 970 Extreme 3  RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz  GPU: MSI GTX 660Ti Power Edition  Case: Fractal Design Define R4  Storage: 2TB Seagate HDD + 128GB Crucial SSD  PSU: be quiet! 730W bronze

I would have planned it better, I wasted a lot of money going for a budget build only to start buying high end parts, I would have definitely gone intel over AMD. Live and learn lol

I have the same problem. AMD is very good but you have to have the right parts to make it work. I can't overclock because my mobo sucks and have to wait until my next upgrade to be able to overclock my cpu.

Current rig: CPU: AMD FX-8120  Cooling: Corsair H100i  Mobo: ASRock 970 Extreme 3  RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz  GPU: MSI GTX 660Ti Power Edition  Case: Fractal Design Define R4  Storage: 2TB Seagate HDD + 128GB Crucial SSD  PSU: be quiet! 730W bronze

i would change my case from the Coolermaster Haf X big tower to something less plastic-y, more aluminium/metal.

otherwise i am happy with it.

| CPU: intel i7 3820 OC to 4GHZ with H100i cooling | Case: Enthoo Evolv ATX glass | Mobo: Asus P9X79 Socket-2011 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz 16GB | GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X

| PSU: Silver power 750w plus silver | SSD: OCZ Agility 3, 240GB / Toshiba 500GB | Monitors: Dell U2713HM, Acer Predator 27" | Headset: Sennheiser HD650| Soundcard: Xonar Essence STX

I wouldn't buy any of my current laptops, i say to my dad, buy me anything that has a 7570m in it, and two days later he comes with a hd 7310, because, it was a surprise, and he doesn't know a heck about computer, actually, this one was cheaper then the last one, not to be a asshole but because of my personal reasons and just how weak the hp 655 is, i hate it...

4670k instead of a 8350. And I regret buying a prebuilt. Spent so much more money upgrading it than just building it in the first place

Eclipse Version 3: i5 9600K | Asus Strix Z390| GTX 1070 | 16GB Kingston Beast | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD [2] +WD Blue 1TB | NZXT H440 | EVGA 750 W | Dark Rock Pro 4| Beyerdynamic DT880 Premium

200+ gig ssd for my os and games. 

Single or dual 780s/R9290x

A motherboard that doesn't go haywire every once in a while

Better cooling. 212 or maybe even a seidon watercooler

A couple of constellation drives for mass storage

I went for a 3770K and 16 gigs of ram. Would've probably gone for a 3930K and 32 gigs instead. 

That way i wouldn't feel the need to upgrade right now. 

And yes. I would've kept the chaser MK1. Deal with it  B)  

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Everything, save up and build it.

Mine is prebuilt ( OMFG ! ) I have replaced the GPU ( 5450 to a GTX 660 SC ) and added an SSD ( Samsung 840 Evo ) lol.

:-)

Get all the parts at the sametime and I shouldn't get a Corsair psu.

I would have bought a 2600K instead than a 2600, a case that's silence optimized and an silent modular psu. I'm pretty happy with my pc!  :D

Core i7 2600  Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3P-B3  EVGA GTX 970 FTW  16Gb 1600Mhz G.SKILL

Samsung 500Gb 840EVO RAID0 Random 80GB HDD Corsair GS700 Corsair ArticWhite C70

better processor 

your processor isn't whats holding you back mate, get a better gpu.

as for me i would get a different psu, i would get a solid air cooler instead of a shitty aio, and a different case, i want a more neutral stylish case that doesn't leak as much sound  as my tin can, im fairly happy with my processor and gpu though.

Would actually get a GPU (I plan on doing this relatively soon, just need to get money.) And upgrade my processor. Currently it's a Pentium G3220 using integrated graphics.

I do have justification for both. (It's the same for both as well.):
I didn't have a lot of money to spare at the time. I'd been using a laptop for years and years, and only doing "games" on consoles (it was dark times. I regret it all.) tl;dr: Things I'm going to fix in the near future.

I don't think I will get a Prodigy then if I knew it was so wide , and it's so big that it don't feel so mITX to me . Should have went for a standard ATX but oh well , it's just something I personally dislike with but still serve my needs well.

I would not get my Corsair 750D and go back to Lian-Li.

Whenever Linus handles brushed aluminium cases in his videos, and he uses his shirt or gloves to touch it in order to not stain it, I always thought he was being a bit silly.

It turns out that's just because I'm used to Lian-Li's super quality brushed aluminium. 

Lian-Li's brushed aluminium will almost never stain. 

Corsair's brushed aluminium on the other hand........

lets just say that Lian-Li's price-tag is 100% justified.

Respect the Code of Conduct!

>> Feel free to join the unofficial LTT teamspeak 3 server TS3.schnitzel.team <<

>>LTT 10TB+ Topic<< | >>FlexRAID Tutorial<<>>LTT Speed wave<< | >>LTT Communies and Servers<<

I would not get my Corsair 750D and go back to Lian-Li.

Whenever Linus handles brushed aluminium cases in his videos, and he uses his shirt or gloves to touch it in order to not stain it, I always thought he was being a bit silly.

It turns out that's just because I'm used to Lian-Li's super quality brushed aluminium. 

Lian-Li's brushed aluminium will almost never stain. 

Corsair's brushed aluminium on the other hand........

lets just say that Lian-Li's price-tag 100% justified.

weren't you planing to get the 750D with your next build? 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

weren't you planing to get the 750D with your next build? 

My new build is finished, I have the 750D which is why I can compare it to my PC-P60  :)

http://media.looneykid.com/SETUP/03-2014/

Respect the Code of Conduct!

>> Feel free to join the unofficial LTT teamspeak 3 server TS3.schnitzel.team <<

>>LTT 10TB+ Topic<< | >>FlexRAID Tutorial<<>>LTT Speed wave<< | >>LTT Communies and Servers<<

Bigger SSD and hard drive, Different case, Micro ATX motherboard

CPU: Intel i5 4670K 4.4GHZ  GPU: EVGA Superclocked+ GTX 980 Ti ACX 2.0+ 1446Mhz +35mV  MB: MSI Z87 GD65 GAMING Custom Matte Black Painted Chipset and VRM Heatsinks  RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB CL8 (1600MHZ)  CPU Cooler: Full Custom PETG loop with HardwLabs Black Ice Rads 1x280mm 1x360mm, EKWB CPU Acetal Nickel GPU Block  SSD: SanDisk ULTRA II 480GB HDD: Western Digital 1TB Caviar Blue  PSU: Corsair AX760 80+PLATINUM with Black Cable Mods Singular Sleeved Cables  Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D 3 Intake 3 Exhaust Notcua NF-A14 LTT EDITION  Mouse: Logitech G502 1750DPI Keyboard: Cooler Master Quickfire TK MX Blue Monitor: BENQ XL2411T 144HZ Headset : Logitech G430 7.1 Case Fans: LTT EDITION Noctuas 4 x 140mm & 2x 120mm all with white Chromax Anti-vibration pads Mouse Pad: Cooler Master CM Storm Speed-RX M

My new build is finished, I have the 750D which is why I can compare the two :)

http://media.looneykid.com/SETUP/03-2014/

wow it looks great! :)

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

I would have saved an extra $100 for an SSD.

Cable managment

:o  :unsure: Good God man, WTF!

I would change my GPU, PSU and monitor.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

I would have gone for ivy or sandy bridge extreme instead of Haswell. I would also get a different PSU (H1000) though i have no idea what PSUs were out 5 years ago.

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Intel i7-4770K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 w/ SP120 | Asus Gene VI | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x GTX 780Ti| Corsair 750D | OCZ Agility 3 | Samsung 840/850 | Sandisk SSD | 3TB WD RED | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM850 | ASUS PB278Q | SyncMaster 2370HD | SyncMaster P2450

should have went with the 750d instead of an XL R2

CPU AMD FX 8350 @5GHz. Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula Z. RAM 8GB G.Skill Sniper. GPU Reference Sapphire Radeon R9 290X. Case Fractal Design Define XL R2. Storage Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD and 120GB Kingston HyperX 3K. PSU XFX 850BEFX Pro 850W 80+ Gold. Cooler XSPC RayStorm