How to train a-- bribe a parent into helping pay for a PC.

juanton

So last night, my dad and I were talking. He said,"I will get you a job at a computer repair shop my friend owns this summer, but I won't help you build a PC." My response was,"OK, but in order for me to get the job, I need some experience. I have book knowledge, but only minor experience." Then he just stopped talking to me. I was like, "wtf bruh gon lev boi hang'n?" Well, moral of the story is, I have no source of income, I do chores already, I am a student, and I have no money to pay for myself. So, if anyone has any ways I can bribe him into helping to pay for components, I would like to hear it. 

NOTICE, I AM PAYING FOR 3/4 IF HE DOES HELP! I AM NOT A SPOILED BRAT THAT HAS EVERYTHING HE/SHE/IT WANTS. LOOK AT MY CURRENT PROCESSOR THEN RETURN IF YOU THINK I'M SPOILED.

[EDIT] I forgot to mention I already know a good amount. I have been interested in PC's for the past like 3 years and have been learning stuff ever since... Lol. Everyone is saying to learn stuff here, and there, but I know enough to get the job, its just getting actual experience with building that I need.

Edited by REBELBUS

Pentium G3258, R9 270X, 1TB HDD, 8GB RAM, Windows 8.1, crappy EVGA 500W PSU

ya'know you can learn a lot about pc's on here. Just earn the money through the shop job, your lucky to get a job that easy dude. I wish I was working at my local microcenter cause' I know like 2x more than half the buffoons there.

Diamond 5 in League :)

Better idea, join stocks xD

Not going to work unless he's 18+ since opening a brokerage account requires that. Stocks don't make you quick money either unless you play risky stuff. 

OP there's plethora of info on computers on the net, learn everything you can off the net. Take up the computer repair job save your money allocated your funds efficiently and build that PC you want!

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

My dad is a tech expert and refused to help pay for or build my PC, I'm no help. I usually play dumb about computers anyway, though I likely know more on the hardware side of things than he does.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Tell them it will lower the electric bills. Worked for my mom, since it actually did. By like $10. A WEEK.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Not going to work unless he's 18+ since opening a brokerage account requires that. Stocks don't make you quick money either unless you play risky stuff. 

OP there's plethora of info on computers on the net, learn everything you can off the net. Take up the computer repair job save your money allocated your funds efficiently and build that PC you want!

The risky stuff seems like much more fun though.  Also, what do you consider risky?  

Case: NZXT H500i. Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A. CPU: i7 9700k OC @ 5.0GHz. GPU: EVGA 2080 FTW3 CPU Cooler: NZXT X62. Memory: G. Skill Ripjaws 32Gb 3200mhz. Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD /  120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD  /  WD Caviar Black 3TB / WD Caviar Green 4TB. . PSU: Corsair AX760. Monitor: 2x Acer XB270HU. Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB. Mouse: Corsair Glaive. 

The risky stuff seems like much more fun though.  Also, what do you consider risky?  

High volatility and low per share price. Its suicide if you don't know what your doing and decide to jump into it like gambling. 

OP is 13.... I just noticed... well you can only work for what you want to have at this age if you can't get it then oh well deal with it. Wait till your older and make a effort to get a custom built PC. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

ya i feel you i'm 13 trying to save up for a gaming PC :( so if you can take that job i would say go for it.  i am considering taking a internship at a local PC repair shop plus you may learn a thing or 2. :)

HELLO WORLD!!!! 

Addition:

Your also 13... a job at 13? thats pretty lucky bro, and you prob's won't be at minimum wage. think of it as an opportunity

I get my working papers in July, and I know the guy pretty well. 

High volatility and low per share price. Its suicide if you don't know what your doing and decide to jump into it like gambling. 

OP is 13.... I just noticed... well you can only work for what you want to have at this age if you can't get it then oh well deal with it. Wait till your older and make a effort to get a custom built PC. 

I am 13 yes, but I get working papers in July, around where the guy said I can work there.

So new businesses, commodities, ....? You seem to know a lot so I'm just trying to pick your brain a bit. I've often considered doing some risky investing. Is that what you do? I vaguely remember you mentioning something about being a trader or something of that sort.

Case: NZXT H500i. Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A. CPU: i7 9700k OC @ 5.0GHz. GPU: EVGA 2080 FTW3 CPU Cooler: NZXT X62. Memory: G. Skill Ripjaws 32Gb 3200mhz. Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD /  120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD  /  WD Caviar Black 3TB / WD Caviar Green 4TB. . PSU: Corsair AX760. Monitor: 2x Acer XB270HU. Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB. Mouse: Corsair Glaive. 

I am 13 yes, but I get working papers in July, around where the guy said I can work there.

Well then good for you, work there make some money and build yourself a custom built PC. 

Tell them it will lower the electric bills. Worked for my mom, since it actually did. By like $10. A WEEK.

Wait wtf how? I should ask for a mining rig and say that... My dad's an electrician it will never work...

Wait wtf how? I should ask for a mining rig and say that... My dad's an electrician it will never work...

Upgraded from a power-hungry, inefficient, non-HT Prescott, to a more power-conservative, efficient, HT Northwood that performs much better, not to mention a ton cooler. Then I got a new power supply.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

So new businesses, commodities, ....? You seem to know a lot so I'm just trying to pick your brain a bit. I've often considered doing some risky investing. Is that what you do? I vaguely remember you mentioning something about being a trader or something of that sort.

Lol I'm a day trader, if you click on my profile it shows my occupation. Commodities yes, new businesses not so much unless they just opened their IPO that day. There's no guaranteed gain with new businesses, hence my personal line "I'd never invest in something unless I'm guaranteed to profit from it". 

Things that move on a daily basis and aren't above $100 per share are what I go for most of the time. Aside from Tesla of course because their just a really profitable company. I've been focusing on the solar sector right now since its been growing at a good pace, it dips -6% one day and jumps back up 6% the next day all the time. I've also traded in tech companies like Nvidia and Intel/AMD, sometimes social media. Facebook and Twitter, made $600 with twitter with just around 7k capital on their IPO opening day. Stocks with a high market cap and lots of volume movement are stocks I trade often. 

EDIT: Oh right here are some solar stocks to look at: SUNE, SPWR, CSIQ, SCTY

You can also take a look at 3d prining(I'd watch this stocks history and be cautious): DDD

Really high risk but high return(look at past history and do research on what market mentality is): PLUG 

You mean instead of beating you with the garden hose every day your dad is helping you get a job? You are spoiled guy

Bro, my dad doesn't even work. My mom works two jobs and barely keeps the house together. We currently don't have hot water. Every upgrade I did to my PC was all of MY birthday money and $1 a day per day of school allowance. And look at where I am now. Nowhere. People on here have helped me get better parts for my PC, for example mrpants donated me a E7500 and I later bought a Q9500. Absolutely no money in my rig (upgrades) was from my parents. You are lucky.

Lol I'm a day trader, if you click on my profile it shows my occupation. Commodities yes, new businesses not so much unless they just opened their IPO that day. There's no guaranteed gain with new businesses, hence my personal line "I'd never invest in something unless I'm guaranteed to profit from it". 

Things that move on a daily basis and aren't above $100 per share are what I go for most of the time. Aside from Tesla of course because their just a really profitable company. I've been focusing on the solar sector right now since its been growing at a good pace, it dips -6% one day and jumps back up 6% the next day all the time. I've also traded in tech companies like Nvidia and Intel/AMD, sometimes social media. Facebook and Twitter, made $600 with twitter with just around 7k capital on their IPO opening day. Stocks with a high market cap and lots of volume movement are stocks I trade often.

Oh okay. Sounds like an awesome job!!

You ever deal with nat gas? I had actually considered buying some Chesapeake energy stocks 3-5 years ago. I still want to, maybe not that particular stock but nat gas.

You are extremely lucky to have the chance of getting a work and have your own money. I hate asking money to my mom to get something new and that is part of the reason that I haven't even fully finished my PC after a year. So just hold on to that chance and study hard!

Main PC:

ASUS F1A55-M LX, AMD A6-3500, (2x2)gb Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 1600mhz, Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200rpm, 
 Corsair CX430M, Cooler Master Elite 343, Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Netbook:

Lenovo Ideapad S10-2, Intel Atom N280, (1x1)gb DDR2 667mhz, WD Scorpio Blue 250gb 5400rpm, Zorin OS 9 Lite

Oh okay. Sounds like an awesome job!!

You ever deal with nat gas? I had actually considered buying some Chesapeake energy stocks 3-5 years ago. I still want to, maybe not that particular stock but nat gas.

Nope i never dealt with nat gas or oil. Occasionally gold when I was sure I'd make a quick buck but not recently. 

Btw I added some stocks to look at on my original post. 

Nope i never dealt with nat gas or oil. Occasionally gold when I was sure I'd make a quick buck but not recently. 

Btw I added some stocks to look at on my original post.

Nice, I'm definitely going to look into those, thanks! You're definitely into tech. Sounds like a good idea to have a singular focus like that.

You're also young as shit! You still in school?

Nice, I'm definitely going to look into those, thanks! You're definitely into tech. Sounds like a good idea to have a singular focus like that.

You're also young as shit! You still in school?

It's good having a lot of knowledge in a single sector but you also have to take into account that not everyone trading in said sector knows as much as you do so therefore they may interpret news and stock movements differently when compared to you. The key is to be able to read the minds of all the other traders playing the stocks with you. You should still diversify your portfolio and knowledge in other sectors so you have a safety net and a variety of companies to trade with. 

Graduated from Clements high but never went to college/uni due to credential and financial problems at the time. I did graphic and web design then went on to do IT support and then salesman work(wasn't super fun but I was good at selling you stuff lol). Quit doing salesman stuff due to a series of events that caused me to take up even more interest in the stock market than I initially had back in high school. *spending too much time making money in a game - watching a show about economics "Spice and Wolf"* Took a portion of the money I made from those jobs in the past and threw it onto a brokerage account to trade, been doing it for a little bit more than half a year now. Its by no means a easy job but it's hella nice schedule wise, and if you have the mental self control and the know how in gauging economics/market mentality its a great job to have.

EDIT: Question how old are you? A large number of people on this forum are either too young or aren't interested in economics, therefore they usually don't know a thing about what I'm yapping about.