I am Holding a PC

Dell makes computers. Dell makes monitors. You would think that Dell could find a way to merge the two without making an all-in-one – And you’d be right! Let’s look at the OptiPlex 7070 Ultra…

Buy Dell OptiPlex 7070 Ultra Desktop (PAID LINK): https://geni.us/ONKV

Emily @ LINUS MEDIA GROUP                                  

congratulations on breaking absolutely zero stereotypes - @cs_deathmatch

Dell makes something cool? that's new let's take a look on the video and see if it's good tho

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

7 minutes ago, wat3rmelon_man2 said:

Oh, it's from Dell? Here comes the warranty calls...

To be fair on Dell, their business line of systems (and we have approx 1000 at my job) are pretty good. But their consumer line.....well the less said about them the better.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Oh look something high schoolers are now going to be able to steal 100x easier now and no one may notice it for a few days thinking the computer is just messing up because it's a Dell...

9 minutes ago, Egg-Roll said:

Oh look something high schoolers are now going to be able to steal 100x easier now and no one may notice it for a few days thinking the computer is just messing up because it's a Dell...

Hopefully there's some way to lock it...

Compassion, modesty and truthfulness are good values. Dell's new monitor stand may be a PC, but it's not a value. It may be good value for money, but that's something different.

(It is a really cool product and review, though.)

15 minutes ago, wat3rmelon_man2 said:

Technically there is, the plastic case and stand have the cable threw hole where they can use a padlock or cable lock, there might be something on top as well to prevent force entry too. Not 100% sure how likely schools are going to go that extent as most here are 2nd hand office supplies, very rarely are they new units outside of special purposes.

When I was in high school at least 1 computer went missing every week or two in the school.

Just now, Egg-Roll said:

Technically there is, the plastic case and stand have the cable threw hole where they can use a padlock or cable lock, there might be something on top as well to prevent force entry too. Not 100% sure how likely schools are going to go that extent as most here are 2nd hand office supplies, very rarely are they new units outside of special purposes.

When I was in high school at least 1 computer went missing every week or two in the school.

My friend last week got his backpack stolen, with the school provided laptop inside of it. Bad news since the school charges a huge extra fee over what repair shops and stores would charge. So last year for example a key of mine fell off and I had to pay $40 to get my freaking e key put back on. So hopefully he can locate that.

They're never going to let Apple go on that $1000 stand are they (nor should they 😛)

Quite a nice alternative sleek take on the all-in-one retaining more flexibility.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

4 hours ago, Egg-Roll said:

There are locking options for it, including a security screw to prevent users from easily opening it and a Kensington lock slot to keep it tied down. I don't know how many schools would want this sort of a solution, but it does seem pretty nice. 

Phobos: AMD Ryzen 7 2700, 16GB 3000MHz DDR4, ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, 2GB Nvidia GeForce GT 1030, 1TB Samsung SSD 980, 450W Corsair CXM, Corsair Carbide 175R, Windows 10 Pro

Polaris: Intel Xeon E5-2697 v2, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASRock X79 Extreme6, 12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080, 6GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, 1TB Crucial MX500, 750W Corsair RM750, Antec SX635, Windows 10 Pro

Pluto: Intel Core i7-2600, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASUS P8Z68-V, 4GB XFX AMD Radeon RX 570, 8GB ASUS AMD Radeon RX 570, 1TB Samsung 860 EVO, 3TB Seagate BarraCuda, 750W EVGA BQ, Fractal Design Focus G, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

York (NAS): Intel Core i5-2400, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, HP Compaq OEM, 240GB Kingston V300 (boot), 3x2TB Seagate BarraCuda, 320W HP PSU, HP Compaq 6200 Pro, TrueNAS CORE (12.0)

How's Linux support with these? No weird hardware in them that's unsupported?

Title should have been: "I am holding a PC, and dropping a monitor"

I super agree with Linus in this video. I have actually been thinking about getting a VESA mount case, since I have a monitor stand, and it would would be super easy to add two or four more VESA mounts to it to add a PC or four.

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022

23 hours ago, GabenJr said:

Dell makes computers. Dell makes monitors. You would think that Dell could find a way to merge the two without making an all-in-one – And you’d be right! Let’s look at the OptiPlex 7070 Ultra…

rofl,

Its not a LTT video if Linus isnt dropping something or otherwise making the camera guy cringe in anticipation for something crashing to the floor.

Now in regards to the Stand PC. it wouldnt take much to turn that into an even more modular design for gaming PCs. Imagine the base of the stand being made thicker to allow for a GPU to fit inside with a PCI-E extension going to the existing main PC board. In addition for the gaming versions you could easily make the current 'module' thicker, sacrificing some of the clean aesthetic to gain more cooling performance.

That being said, at the end of the day ..its still a Dell, perhaps if a more trust worthy system integrator designed a similar device it would be worth a look.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

i just bought the Optiplex 7090 Ultra last week and put it up with the Dell U 3219Q monitor, works like a charm!

i was running a XPS 7th gen through thunderbolt before with the same monitor, was looking to upgrade and buy the latest XPS when i stumbled on the Dell Optiplex 7090 Ultra.

i bought the i7-1185G711th Gen i7, with 32 GB RAM and 1 TB M.2 NVMe SSD. Along with the thunderbolt 4, it also comes with another USB C port which passes display and power, so a  single cable solution for joining the PC to the monitor.

Best Purchase in a long time :-)

On 5/23/2021 at 1:14 PM, wat3rmelon_man2 said:

Oh, it's from Dell? Here comes the warranty calls...

its dell enterprise and its better than consumer

(they are still not the best)

On 5/23/2021 at 1:56 PM, wat3rmelon_man2 said:

hmmm there is probably a k lock somewhere

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

On 5/23/2021 at 11:34 PM, Bitter said:

How's Linux support with these? No weird hardware in them that's unsupported?

My personal and professional experience with Dell hardware is that it is very Linux friendly, for Debian distros anyway (I can't speak for other ones, I use Debian)

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me.