I am thinking about getting A GPU sag bracket

Anubizzi

Hey, I want to invest in a 3070 Rog Strix OC or non OC, not sure yet. but the point is that they are pretty hefty cards weight wise, So I am pondering the question if I need a GPU sag bracket. Any pointers or advice is much obliged!

Advice. Get one if its sagging. Don't get one if it doesn't. 

1 minute ago, rickeo said:

Advice. Get one if its sagging. Don't get one if it doesn't. 

Okay, is there any sag tests for the 3070s on youtube?. I know it is a very specific thing to worry about xD

9 minutes ago, Anubizzi said:

So I am pondering the question if I need a GPU sag bracket.

Need? No.

No GPU bracket is ever  specifically needed. It's only a matter of want for visual aestehtics. . 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

8 minutes ago, Anubizzi said:

Okay, is there any sag tests for the 3070s on youtube?. I know it is a very specific thing to worry about xD

Is the gpu sagging/crooked?

If no then no bracket

If yes then maybe bracket

8 minutes ago, Anubizzi said:

Hey, I want to invest in a 3070 Rog Strix OC or non OC, not sure yet. but the point is that they are pretty hefty cards weight wise, So I am pondering the question if I need a GPU sag bracket. Any pointers or advice is much obliged!

1 minute ago, Anubizzi said:

The Strix cards are big boys will lot of metal so unless your case has something to brace the corner of the card, it will probably sag more or less and it will become worse with time.

Speaking from experience, make sure your bracket won't interfere with fan operation (mine did).

The "tablet" kind you can screw under the card. They look like this.
https://www.amazon.com/upHere-Graphics-Anodized-Aerospace-Aluminum/dp/B076GYL25H
I've gotten mixed results with those, especially on larger cards where the bit that does the holding tend to align with the fan holes, slip in and physically stop the fan.

The "foot" kind use double sided tape and rest on the bottom of the power supply shroud and it's usually safer to use.
https://www.amazon.com/YATENG-Graphics-Anodized-Aerospace-Aluminum/dp/B07S7ZBB51?ref_=ast_sto_dp

Spoiler

CPU Ryzen 5900X - Motherboard Asus ROG STRIX X570-E - RAM 16GB of G.SKILL NEON 3600 -
GPU EVGA RTX 3080 XC3 - Case Mastercase H500p mesh - PSU Seasonic Focus Gx-850 -
Corsair MP600 NVME 1 Tb, Samsung 960 PRO 500 Gb & 2 Seagate Baracuda 7200 RPM 2TB in stripe -
Display two VG27AQ 2K monitor - Cooling Corsair H150 Pro - 

Keyboard G-910 W/ Romer G tactile - Mouse G 502 Hero (wired) -
Sound Logitech X-530 and Razer Tiamat headphones

Operating System Windows 10

36 minutes ago, Quickstrike said:

The Strix cards are big boys will lot of metal so unless your case has something to brace the corner of the card, it will probably sag more or less and it will become worse with time.

Speaking from experience, make sure your bracket won't interfere with fan operation (mine did).

The "tablet" kind you can screw under the card. They look like this.
https://www.amazon.com/upHere-Graphics-Anodized-Aerospace-Aluminum/dp/B076GYL25H
I've gotten mixed results with those, especially on larger cards where the bit that does the holding tend to align with the fan holes, slip in and physically stop the fan.

The "foot" kind use double sided tape and rest on the bottom of the power supply shroud and it's usually safer to use.
https://www.amazon.com/YATENG-Graphics-Anodized-Aerospace-Aluminum/dp/B07S7ZBB51?ref_=ast_sto_dp

That's really handy to know, I wouldn't have known without your knowledge. I was considering the one that is the tablet kind, but as it might interfere with fans, I think I am better off with a foot 😄

5 minutes ago, Smackaroy said:

can we get an image?

An image of what?, if I may ask xD

Uphere makes a couple nice ARGB ones.  Got it more for looks and as a preventative measure than need ATM.

3 minutes ago, Triggeravus said:

Uphere makes a couple nice ARGB ones.  Got it more for looks and as a preventative measure than need ATM.

How do you choose the RGB for it?

32 minutes ago, Anubizzi said:

How do you choose the RGB for it?

I got this one because I liked the thin LED strip.  It plugs into a 5V 3 pin ARGB header in the motherboard then you use the motherboard software to change the RGB.  It syncs with everything else.

https://www.amazon.com/upHere-GS05ARGB-Addressable-Aerospace-Adjustable/dp/B082SPSVLY/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=uphere+bracket+argb&qid=1621456329&sr=8-1

They make a bunch of different styles, including SATA powered if your motherboard doesn't do ARGB but I think those ones stay in rainbow mode.

6 hours ago, Anubizzi said:

GPU sag

Fear not! Jayztwocents to the rescue.

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

9 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

Fear not! Jayztwocents to the rescue.

Thanks alot man, I will give it a watch!