Do you prefer a minimalist clean (usually white and black or so) setups or a little gamery.

Title says it all. 

In the end of your post, please add one point if you chose minimalist/clean, and subtract one if you don't prefer it. Starting from fifty, so if I chose minimalist, I would put 51 in the end of my post for example. Please be personal about this and try not to say that it's personal preference. Thanks. 

I personally like minimalism, but it can be tough because if even one thing is off of the color scheme, it makes things alot worse than if it wasn't minimalist aimed. 

For my computer, I like black with some RGB. For my desk, it's not themed at all. I just arrange it how I like it and then adjust other things occasionally.

elephants

12 minutes ago, Caroline said:

No LEDs for me, I honestly don't care about looks, it's just a computer and my house isn't a museum for everyone to come and see my build.

My desk must be like 80 years old at this point, all metal and wood on top, weighs a ton but it's the only one that can safely keep my ol' reliable CRT on it, I had an ikea desk for a while until it literally cracked due to the monitor's weight, I'd reckon about 25kg, probably a bit more, not minimalist at all ^^

All of my peripherals happen to be black but it's just a coincidence

46?

Some of us like to be the one that looks and sees our builds.  It's not about others, it's about that I see.  I like to see good looking things.

I like understated, black with some lighting. No more than 2 colors.  Right now it's black with green accent lighting.  Rainbows and unicorns are too busy for my taste.

"Do what makes the experience better" - in regards to PCs and Life itself.

Onyx AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d / MSI 6900xt Gaming X Trio / Gigabyte B650 AORUS Pro AX / G. Skill Flare X5 6000CL36 32GB / Samsung 980 1TB x3 / Super Flower Leadex V Platinum Pro 850 / EK-AIO 360 Basic / Fractal Design North XL (black mesh) / AOC AGON 35" 3440x1440 100Hz / Mackie CR5BT / Corsair Virtuoso SE / Cherry MX Board 3.0 / Logitech G502

7800X3D - PBO -30 all cores, 4.90GHz all core, 5.05GHz single core, 18286 C23 multi, 1779 C23 single

Emma : i9 9900K @5.1Ghz - Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti - Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Gaming 5 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3200CL16 - 750 EVO 512GB + 2x 860 EVO 1TB (RAID0) - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm - Fractal Design Define R6 - TP-Link AC1900 PCIe Wifi

Raven: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x3d - ASRock B550M Pro4 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 3200Mhz - XFX Radeon RX6650XT - Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB - TP-Link AC600 USB Wifi - Gigabyte GP-P450B PSU -  Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L -  Samsung 27" 1080p

Plex : AMD Ryzen 5 5600 - Gigabyte B550M AORUS Elite AX - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 2400Mhz - MSI 1050Ti 4GB - Crucial P3 Plus 500GB + WD Red NAS 4TBx2 - TP-Link AC1200 PCIe Wifi - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - ASUS Prime AP201 - Spectre 24" 1080p

Steam Deck 512GB OLED

OnePlus: 

OnePlus 11 5G - 16GB RAM, 256GB NAND, Eternal Green

OnePlus Buds Pro 2 - Eternal Green

Other Tech:

- 2021 Volvo S60 Recharge T8 Polestar Engineered - 415hp/495tq 2.0L 4cyl. turbocharged, supercharged and electrified.

Lenovo 720S Touch 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400MHz, 512GB NVMe SSD, 1050Ti, 4K touchscreen

MSI GF62 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400 MHz, 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB 7200rpm HDD, 1050Ti

- Ubiquiti Amplifi HD mesh wifi

RGB can be nice, depends on the RGB and what you are going to use the RGB for.

Some create it to make a mood and goes with the case design, others just use "too much" of it.

Also how the option can be there to choose if you want to be more clean looking or standing out that day.

For parts, black. Would be harder with other colors in there, can someone call Dbrand into making skins for my PC parts? (oh god Linus)

hmmm

14 minutes ago, Quackers101 said:

RGB can be nice, depends on the RGB and what you are going to use the RGB for.

Some create it to make a mood and goes with the case design, others just use "too much" of it.

Also how the option can be there to choose if you want to be more clean looking or standing out that day.

For parts, black. Would be harder with other colors in there, can someone call Dbrand into making skins for my PC parts? (oh god Linus)

hmmm

Yes, dbrand really needs to get into that business. Although it must be unflammable. 

Minimalism is kinda pretty, but I usually end up living in an organized mess. I usually leave theming pretty stock. I do have this one old project computer riced out with some tasteful ugliness from early 2010s Linux.

My desktop PC uses stock KDE Breeze which would be considered minimal, and my laptop runs stock Adwaita on Gnome 3.30 which a lot of people hate.

lumpy chunks

Expand to help Bunny reach world domination

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him on his way to world domination.

-Rakshit Jain

I do not like RGB. White LEDs ftw.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

My tastes lean toward pragmatic. I don’t want flash. A sleeper works just fine for me. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

Minimalist, slightly industrial design FTW. My keyboard has white background light and that is all LED stuff that I will ever need. 

I'm a little bit of both. I like the simplistic design, yet fully customisable solution.

So... Uh... Neither adding or subtracting a point here. What's the score now?

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

For me I like RGB for my PC itself, but the desk itself has to be generic, but not minimalistic. I have a lot of things, so I can't be minimalistic unfortunately. I recently went with the gamery look though, since I have an RGB keyboard now. Before it was a low profile minimalistic one.

I've come around a bit on RGB from previous years.  My build originally was in an entirely enclosed case (Fractal Design Meshify C with solid side panel) but eventually I changed over to a Corsair iCUE 220T Airflow and came to appreciate a splash of color.  However, my aesthetics still lean toward a single, solid color, with no flashy light show effects.

Desk is almost entirely the same.  Other than my LTT desk pad, my desk is typically clear, tightly cable managed, and without any RGB.  You'll never see Nano Leaf panels or RGB strips around my desk.

Current Personal Rig

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X w/ Corsair H60 AIO   MB: ASRock B450 Steel Legend ATX  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3600 (2x16)  GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 3060 XC Gaming  PSU: EVGA 750GQ Semi-Modular  Storage: 500 GB WD Black M.2 NVMe + 1 TB 2.5" SSD  WiFi: TP-Link Archer TX3000E  Keyboard: Corsair K65 Mini  Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired  Monitor: Gigabyte G27FC 27"

I personally don't particularly care about it either way. I don't actively seek out RGB components and the few I have in my PC (GPU, case and fans) I've all set up with the same solid color, but I primarily bought them for their functionality, not their looks. I don't view my PC as an art or conversation piece and I don't look at my computer all that often, even though I have it sitting next to me on my desk. I bought it for what it does, not for how it looks. 

But I also don't outright go out of my way to be minimalist either. My desk has various pieces of clutter on it that I need every once in a while and I'm too lazy to put it away neatly. My cable management behind my desk could be better, but I had to run some cables for my work PC that I took home and hooked up to my private monitors since home office has been mandated, so once that's over I'll probably clean it up a bit, but even then, it doesn't bother me all that much because it's not in my way.

And now a word from our sponsor: 💩

-.-. --- --- .-.. --..-- / -.-- --- ..- / -.- -. --- .-- / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. .

ᑐᑌᑐᑢ

Spoiler

▄██████                                                      ▄██▀

▄█▀   ███                                                      ██

▄██     ███                                                      ██

███   ▄████  ▄█▀  ▀██▄    ▄████▄     ▄████▄     ▄████▄     ▄████▄██   ▄████▄

███████████ ███     ███ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀████ ▄██▀ ▀███▄

████▀   ███ ▀██▄   ▄██▀ ███    ███ ███        ███    ███ ███    ███ ███    ███

██▄    ███ ▄ ▀██▄██▀    ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄███  ███▄ ▄███▄ ███▄ ▄██

▀█▄    ▀█ ██▄ ▀█▀     ▄ ▀████▀     ▀████▀     ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀

▄█ ▄▄      ▄█▄  █▀            █▄                   ▄██  ▄▀

▀  ██      ███                ██                    ▄█

██      ███   ▄   ▄████▄   ██▄████▄     ▄████▄   ██   ▄

██      ███ ▄██ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ███▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ██ ▄██

██     ███▀  ▄█ ███    ███ ███    ███ ███    ███ ██  ▄█

█▄██  ▄▄██▀    ██  ███▄ ▄███▄ ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄██  ██  ██

▀███████▀    ▄████▄ ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀     ▀████▀ ▄█████████▄

the only led/RGB thing is my keyboard and mouse everything else is black.

my keyboard is pretty minimalist a Logitech G610 with only white LEDS so its basically a backlight.

5053320_sd.jpg.e456af41b68e03adeaedf400d7ee53ba.jpg

The only RGB thing is my mouse but I set it up as a Miku color scheme.

hvdfhjvgb.jpg.bda4057a4efa83d0dc73eba7a652b783.jpg

Also function over form.

most of my monitors are over 10 years old and I build alot of the little things on my desk.

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

It goes so far I really prefer the beige boxes of 20 years ago to the rainbow aneurism of todays gaming PCs. 

And I hated the beige boxes and really liked it when I got a black case instead. 

Not just gamers, but a lot of people in general are now picking computers with lots of rgb lights are crazy designed cases and fans etc.

Personally, I don't mind a little design, my current computer case is quite cool and quirky but it is also minimalistic colours. I don't mind the case being a subtle cool shape.

Oh I definitely go for a gamery kinda look. My mouse and keyboard are rgb and I love watching the colors shift on them! The mic I use also has some rgb, but its not like I can change the color so its kinda just stuck on blue. But it works well enough. The deskpad I got is a cool picture of a galaxy so its nice and colorful! However thats kinda it. I am planning on building a pc as soon as this shortage is over so that will obviously be full of rgb lol. I just like the colors honestly! And i especially love having control over the colors so I can shift it how I want. Say for instance its in the middle of a rain storm and I just wanna vibe. I change the colors to blue, throw on some lo fi, and just relax. To me the gamery kinda rgb stuff is more than just about looking cool, it is all about environment.

I sometimes turn on my PC just to stare at the RGB, so I'll go with that. I'm also into things like lava lamps.  It's relaxing.