accidently used too long screws while trying to mount a vesa mount on a monitor.

rxtr113t

Hey so I was trying to wall mount my monitor(asus rog swift pg278q)

and I misread the installation and accidently used the screws without the included spacers and I destroyed the threading (the small screws for the base stand still screw able and work fine) is it possible to fix it or have I destroyed it permanently?

any help is appreciated!

Depending on how they're damaged exactly you might be able to save it by running a tap through it to clean up what threads are hopefully left. Otherwise your only other options are to replace the component or jerry-rig it.

what do you mean by replace the component? can i simply replace the threads or whatever? what basically happened is my dumbass self tried to screw the wrong length and while screwing i heard a "click" and suddenly it's loose and won't screw anymore after a certain point.

or how you'll suggest me to jerry rig it? like with a permanent fix like with epoxy or whatever? 

4 hours ago, rxtr113t said:

what do you mean by replace the component? can i simply replace the threads or whatever? what basically happened is my dumbass self tried to screw the wrong length and while screwing i heard a "click" and suddenly it's loose and won't screw anymore after a certain point.

or how you'll suggest me to jerry rig it? like with a permanent fix like with epoxy or whatever? 

As in replace the part that the threads are on.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking