Are the features in Windows 10 Pro suspicious? It just looks like its gonna invade my privacy!

I was looking to change my OS but couldn't decide between Windows 10 Home and Windows 10 Pro. The price is fine for each OS but I saw a lot of new features on Windows 10 Pro than on Windows 10 Home. I still can't decide or even figure out what all of the features mean for the Pro version. Can someone tell me which OS to get, and what settings to turn off? I'm only going to be using it for gaming and light video editing.

2 minutes ago, TechHelpNeeded said:

Are the features in Windows 10 Pro suspicious? It just looks like its gonna invade my privacy!

Those features are there mostly for enterprise-use and power-users, they're not there for invading anyone's privacy.

3 minutes ago, TechHelpNeeded said:

Can someone tell me which OS to get

If you don't understand what the features do, then you most likely won't need them, either, and so you'd be just fine with the Home - edition.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Just always work under the assumption that any version of windows 10 is basically streaming all of your data constantly to microsoft.

You can check little boxes in the os that say they aren't sharing that data but I've yet to see anyone ever confirm that it actually doesn't send that data.

Otherwise just go with linux or mac os. I don't personally like either of them but they are preferable over 10.

9 minutes ago, TechHelpNeeded said:

I was looking to change my OS but couldn't decide between Windows 10 Home and Windows 10 Pro. The price is fine for each OS but I saw a lot of new features on Windows 10 Pro than on Windows 10 Home. I still can't decide or even figure out what all of the features mean for the Pro version. Can someone tell me which OS to get, and what settings to turn off? I'm only going to be using it for gaming and light video editing.

the features of windows 10 pro are not worth it for 97% of users. Most users who would use the pro version are people with threadrippers/xeons or servers who can use more than 128gb of ram (windows 10 home doesn't support more than 128gb of ram). 

my signiture was cool, but its a lie now

10 minutes ago, emosun said:

Just always work under the assumption that any version of windows 10 is basically streaming all of your data constantly to microsoft.

You can check little boxes in the os that say they aren't sharing that data but I've yet to see anyone ever confirm that it actually doesn't send that data.

No-Country-for-Old-Men_Tommy-Lee-Jones_Josh-Brolin_Javier-Bardem_9.jpg.bdfb250a2bcd05fa856522805a1c1623.jpg

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

12 minutes ago, emosun said:

I've yet to see anyone ever confirm that it actually doesn't send that data.

There would be big ass lawsuits all over the place if it did.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

2 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

There would be big ass lawsuits all over the place if it did.

if there was no EULA i bet there would be. 

10 Pro has features that most people won't need.

for example, a list of stuff Pro has:
Support for 2 sockets

Support for more than 128gb of ram

Domain support

Hyper-V

most home users won't need that.

She/Her

Lol. I hope you don't use Android or iOS. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

11 hours ago, emosun said:

EULAs are very very rarely legally binding and can easily be challenged in court, for things that do actually break the law.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

13 hours ago, emosun said:

What does the EULA have to do with this? If MS was found to be sending the data they offered a switch for and you explicitly turned off that would spark government level lawsuits on the spot. 

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2