Multiplayer or Single Player games? Which do you prefer?

King of Memes

Single Player vs Multiplayer?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Single Player vs Multiplayer Games?

• Single Player
    • Multiplayer
    • I can't decide (i like them both)

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on Jan 18, 2037 at 11:10 AM

I prefer single player. Multiplayer competitive games are to stressful, and they are often times toxic. The worst competitive game for me is definetely LOL, so toxic. The only multiplayer games i like are Fall Guys, Among Us, and Roblox, and Minecraft on an SMP server. But as for single player games, i really like Assassins Creed Black Flag, Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker, and Subnautica.

my signiture was cool, but its a lie now

4 minutes ago, King of Memes said:

I prefer single player. Multiplayer competitive games are to stressful, and they are often times toxic. The worst competitive game for me is definetely LOL, so toxic. The only multiplayer games i like are Fall Guys, Among Us, and Roblox, and Minecraft on an SMP server. But as for single player games, i really like Assassins Creed Black Flag, Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker, and Subnautica.

rlly i got jebaited there lol $100000000000000 AMAZON GIFT CARD!!!

Poll closes on Jan 18, 2037

😌 Good to know I have enough time to make up my mind

Now where's my quadrillion dollar gift card? 😁

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

3 minutes ago, Eigenvektor said:

😌 Good to know I have enough time to make up my mind

Now where's my quadrillion dollar gift card? 😁

shhh, youre supposed to pm me for it

Singleplayer is my preference. Just a random maybe relevant reaction image:

Spoiler

image.png.595e0cadab7b3c1d387f6364b636ca4f.png

The only multiplayer game I've played in the last couple years has been Minecraft, but I still approach that in a very "single-player" fashion I think.

I've just been burned out on multiplayer games. Just a combination of getting FOMO from them and at the same time not liking when a multiplayer dies out (practically forcing you to buy the new game installment if you want any sort of community).

I don't like multiplayer game on my Switch either, just because I feel forced to play them because I would pay for the online subscription.

Co-op games can be fun though, like the games Overcooked and Moving Out! on the Switch.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

2 minutes ago, minibois said:

Singleplayer is my preference. Just a random maybe relevant reaction image:

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.595e0cadab7b3c1d387f6364b636ca4f.png

The only multiplayer game I've played in the last couple years has been Minecraft, but I still approach that in a very "single-player" fashion I think.

I've just been burned out on multiplayer games. Just a combination of getting FOMO from them and at the same time not liking when a multiplayer dies out (practically forcing you to buy the new game installment if you want any sort of community).

I don't like multiplayer game on my Switch either, just because I feel forced to play them because I would pay for the online subscription.

Co-op games can be fun though, like the games Overcooked and Moving Out! on the Switch.

agreed, i like playing fifa with my irl friends, but League of Legends is so toxic and stressful for me, so are FPS games, once i gave those up, i really enjoyed gaming and got into games like subnautica, which i really like

I prefer multiplayer FPS games because it's fun to have fast-paced action and some hard competition, but I can play single player games tho I kinda like both but prefer the multiplayer a lil bit more I love playing guitar hero and rock band alone tho because those are super fun

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

5 minutes ago, dilpickle said:

I prefer single-player story-driven games. Passed a certain age I stopped playing any other types of games.

agreed, any specific ones that you recommend? i love those games to.

16 minutes ago, King of Memes said:

Multiplayer competitive games are to stressful

multiplayer co-op games

i find single player games boring, i can only play 100-200 hours

but i can play few thousand hours in multiplayer game, and i have done so in multiple MMOs

the only single player game i play extensively is osu!

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

I play some of both. I love a good story, and you generally don't get that from multiplayer games.

I also enjoy PvP games probably too much.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Just now, Moonzy said:

multiplayer co-op games

i find single player games boring, i can only play 100-200 hours

but i can play few thousand hours in multiplayer game, and i have done so in multiple MMOs

the only single player game i play extensively is osu!

i enjoy multiplayer when its with my friends and were either working together. 

1 minute ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

I play some of both. I love a good story, and you generally don't get that from multiplayer games.

I also enjoy PvP games probably too much.

agreed, thats why i like Red Dead Redemption 2, amazing story.

Just now, King of Memes said:

i enjoy multiplayer when its with my friends and were either working together. 

i enjoy multi with rando, but not competitive games, i dont like

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Just now, Moonzy said:

i enjoy multi with rando, but not competitive games, i dont like

agreed, when it gets competitive, people take the game to seriously, and sometimes get toxic. Thats why i dont play minecraft on pvp practice servers anymore.

I like singleplayer games.

I like multiplayer games when they're reasonably laid-back and I can play with my friends.

I don't generally like multiplayer with random people online, nor do I like massively-multiplayer games. The absolute worst is games where you're expected to use voice chat with random people.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

7 minutes ago, King of Memes said:

agreed, any specific ones that you recommend? i love those games to.

Highlights from my Steam:

Alien Isolation

Batman Arkham series

Bioshock series

Dead Space series

Deus Ex series

Doom series

Elder Scrolls series

Far Cry series

Firewatch

Gone Home

Half-Life Series

Half-Life Alyx VR

Just Cause series

LA Noire

Middle Earth series

Portal series

Quantum Break

South Park series

Star Wars: Jedi Knight, Force Unleashed, Jedi Fallen Order

Tomb Raider series

Vanishing of Ethan Carter

Watch Dogs series

Highlights from PlayStation:

Uncharted series

Last of Us series

God of War series

Red Dead Redemption series

Horizon: Zero Dawn

Beyond Two Souls

Mirrors Edge series

Burnout Paradise (exception to story driven but I love open world games too)

I also am into flight sims. I have MSFS and DCS World but I don't have the time these days to sit down and learn them.

I prefer multiplayer because people love to rage and its hilarious. Also because i am a social person

https://www.lttstore.com/

1990 M3s are the best looking things ever made.    

^This statement has been retracted^
2020/2021 BMW S1000RRs/Ninja H2s are the best looking things ever made. 

Don't ask to ask. 
If you want me to see the reply, @XGoodGuyFitz(aka me) and/or quote me.
Thanks!

12 hours ago, SGT-AMD said:

In Combat Arms, that is when the cheats come in

yes, hackers, i hate them

Racing simulators, CS1.6 and Quake II - multiplayer.

Everything else  - single player. 

| Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 Rev 7| AsRock X570 Steel Legend |

| 4x16GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo 4000MHz CL16 | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | Seasonic Focus GX-1000|

| 512GB A-Data XPG Spectrix S40G RGB | 2TB A-Data SX8200 Pro| Phanteks Eclipse G500A |

I just couldn't decide, there's a lot of good things about both (that I don't know how to mention):

Single player games focus on the story and one player. Usually not requiring internet connection nor fast monitors. Some are re-playable, some are only after a while. And they don't have to be acquired by normal ways. 

Multiplayer games can be story telling (co-op), casual and competitive. Interacting with other players can be fun. I'm more into competitive FPS games recently.

My most played and liked games include: CS:GO, Team Fortress 2, Half-Life (1, 2, ep1, ep2), Portal (1, 2), GTA 5, Fallout 4, Fallout New Vegas, Minecraft, Faster Than Light, Spore, Garry's Mod and War Thunder.

Microtransactions and online/ingame stores really killed the multiplayer for me. It was so good when you needed a monthly subscription to play and there was none of this pay2win crap. Now you can't enjoy any normal gaming experience because it's all bound to the shops. The games now are made to make you pay, not to make you invest time like it used to be. 

| Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 Rev 7| AsRock X570 Steel Legend |

| 4x16GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo 4000MHz CL16 | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | Seasonic Focus GX-1000|

| 512GB A-Data XPG Spectrix S40G RGB | 2TB A-Data SX8200 Pro| Phanteks Eclipse G500A |