Watch out for that fake LinusTechTips channel.

EvelynXZ

Some dingus replied to my comment with Bitcoin BS.
You don't think there is anyone here who would fall for it but anyway. Youtube has had this kind of sh*t for years and I don't know if they do anything about it.

image.png.8750df058dea5d9561dcfa2a7115f9bc.png

Where did you find this? can i see the real page?

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

Scammers were using successfully paid Youtube advertising with Steve Woźniak as the face of the scam that these comments are nothing in comparison

https://www.theverge.com/2020/7/23/21335554/steve-wozniak-youtube-lawsuit-bitcoin-scam-cryptocurrency-apple

The problem is they are arleady "taking care" of it but as always in a half assed way, like you sometimes get autoflagged even by not swearing and using normal words to the point that as a habit I check on my second browser unlogged if my comment wasn't shadowbanned because I can't tell if I used some sentence combination that their "AI" decided is inappropriate.

10 hours ago, EvelynXZ said:

You don't think there is anyone here who would fall for it but anyway. Youtube has had this kind of sh*t for years and I don't know if they do anything about it.

If i ever meet someone irl who use this kind of font while commenting on the internet, I'll commit a war crime.

12 hours ago, SupaKomputa said:

Where did you find this? can i see the real page?

Looks like youtube to me. 

Also not the first of these cases.  And not the last.  I think youtube is probably removing them and I'd at least think a channel like ltt flags those... however,  the main issue seems to be that youtube operates like it's still 1999 and allows,  actual,  distinctive fake accounts,  or if you will, double accounts.

Most platforms don't because A impersonation is / can be illegal,  and B to avoid all the issues that arise from this. But no, youtube the masters of algorithms knows better!  

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

32 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

That's not good enough though, Photoshop exists.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

4 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

That's not good enough though, Photoshop exists.

Ya, but I've seen similar (different name, same channel) where someone actually linked to it (and no i don't have the link lol)

It's common on youtube,  have you read these article linked above about "Steve Wozniak case"?

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

You can easily identify the difference between the fake channel and the real channel .  After the name of the channel you can see a tick mark which means original channel. And if there's no tick mark it's fake. Lots of spam comments have been lately seen in the ltt main and their subsidiary channel comments. 

If my answer is correct or is helpful please mark it as the solution. Quote me in your post to summon me. Beware that after summoning me ill never leave. 

13 hours ago, EvelynXZ said:

I also think it's the same guys over and over again. On every video some guy like this comments about cryptocurrency trading and gives a mobile number.

If my answer is correct or is helpful please mark it as the solution. Quote me in your post to summon me. Beware that after summoning me ill never leave. 

58 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

Also not the first of these cases.  And not the last.  I think youtube is probably removing them and I'd at least think a channel like ltt flags those... however,  the main issue seems to be that youtube operates like it's still 1999 and allows,  actual,  distinctive fake accounts,  or if you will, double accounts.

Most platforms don't because A impersonation is / can be illegal,  and B to avoid all the issues that arise from this. But no, youtube the masters of algorithms knows better!  

They do get removed, but it takes a really long time.

Havent gotten malware advertisment straight up on smaller channels to videos on youtube from LTT.. (Either dating, pron or bad anti-virus indian stuff)

Usually by the time i go back to the comment their gone.. From 3 months to a year, but they do get removed.

Wish they were faster, because by the time its removed.. I bet the bots or the people paid to do this have made so so much more comments.. 😕

Facebook, Twitter, Insta and even Discord has this mass-spam advertising problem..

Useful threads: PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | Graphics Card Cooling Tier List ❤️

Baby: MPG X570 GAMING PLUS | AMD Ryzen 9 5900x /w PBO | Corsair H150i Pro RGB | ASRock RX 7900 XTX Phantom Gaming OC (3020Mhz & 2650Memory) | Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB DDR4 (4x8GB) 3600 MHz | Corsair RM1000x |  WD_BLACK SN850 | WD_BLACK SN750 | Samsung EVO 850 | Kingston A400 |  PNY CS900 | Lian Li O11 Dynamic White | Display(s): Samsung Oddesy G7, ASUS TUF GAMING VG27AQZ 27" & MSI G274F

I also drive a volvo as one does being norwegian haha, a volvo v70 d3 from 2016.

Reliability was a key thing and its my second car, working pretty well for its 6 years age xD

3 hours ago, Psychol321 said:

The problem is they are arleady "taking care" of it but as always in a half assed way

I mostly agree, but I can't suggest a good way for them to deal with this either.

I think this is harder to counter than you might realise. Not allowing duplicate names wouldn't make much of a difference, people would just enter an extra space or use some other subtle change. Not allowing the same logo would require image processing on every logo, which takes up a lot of resources and would cause huge problems for people with similar logos getting flagged. You can't flag this text either, as these sentences can be perfectly legit in other situations, you could only filter this out based on context, which is extremely hard.

2 minutes ago, MultiGamerClub said:

I bet the bots or the people paid to do this have made so so much more comments

Absolutely, I have tried to moderate a comment section full of spam, and at some point I just couldn't keep up with the sheer amount coming in again and again every day. For every spam comment you delete, 3 new ones pop up. Sometimes the same comment would appear again minutes after I deleted one with that exact content.

2 minutes ago, MultiGamerClub said:

Usually by the time i go back to the comment their gone.. From 3 months to a year, but they do get removed.

I thought it'd be faster,  like hours maybe... well that's pretty bad and further cements my opinion that google / alphabet is actually incapable of handling large scale operations as can be seen with youtube which just constantly gets worse all the time. 

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

1 hour ago, Mark Kaine said:

Dooh... Obviously... but where?

Do they allow multiple channel with the same name?

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

1 hour ago, SupaKomputa said:

Well, i agree a link would have been nice... i just actually thought you didn't recognize the site lol.

And idk that, but it appears so as they apparently allow same usernames... which is really strange,  and pretty dumb.

Steam does the same,  it doesn't really make sense on that platforms especially,  so you encounter a hacker or cheater you want to either report or ignore? Good luck finding them with 20 pages of "hax0rpwndU420"  ... lol

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

1 hour ago, SupaKomputa said:

The channel ID is not same. But since YouTube is part of Google, you can switch your display name at will.

Seems like these threads popup daily. Its clearly a scam/bot. LMG does not have anything to do with it, and they can't really do anything about it. Its users job to report those to Youtube.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv