Is Razer support this bad all the time?

Hey Everyone, I just created an account for this so forgive me if I'm doing this wrong. 

I recently purchased a pair of Razer opus headphones (March 25), two days after purchasing the headphones I had received an order confirmation but nothing in regards to confirmation of shipping. In this time I had found a good deal on arguably better headphones (Sennheiser bt450) so I decided to cancel the order, I was told I could not cancel as they were already in the shipping process and that I should receive my shipping information soon, I thought, great who cares Ill send them back un opened no big deal. I waited a few days and still received nothing so I reached out again to see where they were in the shipping process and to reiterate my desire to cancel the order. I was told they were still being processed but I could not cancel my order, fine what ever like I said before Ill just send them back unopened. on April 14 I receive my shipping information, I thought, awesome I can finally see where they are and when I can send them back to buy different headphones, only when you click on the tracking link it says they were delivered on April 6th to Greenwood In USA (See image attached). This would not be a huge problem in itself if it were n't for the fact that I shipped them to Saskatchewan Canada. so to recap they did not send me shipping information until 8 days after they delivered them to the wrong country, naturally I reached out again explaining the issue, they said they were on it. I was thinking perfect all is well they will just refund my money no issue, wrong! they sent me the following email (See attached) shifting the blame and work on me saying the package was missing. I respond with the following email (see attached), at this point I getting more angry. From there I didn't receive a follow up in a number of hours so I went back to the chat support which is there only front line customer service option, in which the support person is extremely apologetic and says he will have someone call me (at my request) they say it will happen that night or tomorrow morning. At around 3 o'clock the next day after receiving no call I go back to the chat and ask when to expect a call they say oh sorry it will just be 2-3 more hours, which sucks I have to cancel more plans and postpone working, but not the end of the world I just want this call to happen. At 6:40 still no call, I reach back out to the chat ask to be connected to a elevated phone support and give him the incident number at which point the following support chat happens (See attached) Its really worth a read. the rep tells me that there is no phone support, also that if I get him to call someone he will be fired and loose his house amoung many other gems. The hole exchange took about an hour and a half and resulted with me still waiting on a refund and even more pissed off. 

Is this common with them or am I just special?

image.png

image.png

image.png

Razer support PDF.pdf

I don't have to read anything more than the title to tell you that yes, yes they are. Their one job, their only goal in existence, is to make sure they drag any problem out long enough before actually documenting anything that your "one-year warranty" runs dry before they formally acknowledge that anything might possibly be wrong.

That same, "make it not our problem", mentality affects every line of business, every item they sell. They're a miserable joke of a company that buys shit components to build shit parts, then puts a fake shit warranty on it so that when their shit breaks, you're shit out of luck.

Also: (888) 697-2037 - US number

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

12 minutes ago, Bitter said:

OP, can you do a charge back with your credit card?

I'd honestly report it as fraud. You never received the product and there would appear to be no attempt for you to receive a product. My brother had that happen with Adidas: payment was taken, order confirmed, then nothing after that.

2 minutes ago, BiotechBen said:

I'd honestly report it as fraud. You never received the product and there would appear to be no attempt for you to receive a product. My brother had that happen with Adidas: payment was taken, order confirmed, then nothing after that.

It indeed falls under fraud,if you buy something and you don't get it - that's fraud.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

40 minutes ago, Bitter said:

OP, can you do a charge back with your credit card?

That is the right answer here. Providing the CC company (or debit card company--Reg E) with the tracking information and a printout showing it was delivered to the wrong country, plus sending the correspondence with Razer to demonstrate that you've attempted to work it out with the merchant, should do it.

You can press ahead with the dispute without having any proof of having tried to work with the merchant, but beware in doing so. CC companies and banks will drop you like a bad habit if they think you're filing merchant disputes without trying to work it out with the merchant first.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

Support? I thought supports goal is to get you really pissed off, waste your time and get nowhere with your issues, regardless of company. Were we suppose to expect results?

11 hours ago, BiotechBen said:

This is what I will be doing today! Fuck Razer!

It should go without saying that it's a terrible customer experience to not only be charged for an item that was never delivered, but then also to be asked to jump through more hoops as a prerequisite before the merchant is willing to make good on the transaction. I've had plenty of items get lost in the mail for the last 15 years and I've never once had to play detective for the merchant. 

I'd contact my credit card company to open a dispute, assuming you used a credit card. IME they're pretty good about going to bat for you when it comes to merchant push back. Granted none of this is legal advice, it seems you've already made a good faith effort in resolving this with the merchant. In general, liability of loss or damage doesn't transfer to the buyer until the goods are delivered, and we clearly see the carrier declared the parcel was delivered it to the wrong country. Razer should be contacting their carrier to sort that out on their own dime and time while they put a replacement unit for you in the mail ASAP (or refund).

As an aside, I have 10+ years of experience in commercial banking, specifically in commercial and virtual cards. 

Yes.

I had such a bad experience trying to get a Razer Blade with extra warranty with a bloated battery and dead dGPU replaced. This was the second Razer Blade I've owned with a bloated battery, but I assumed that it was just normal wear and upgraded from a 14 to a 15. This happened less than a year after I got it.

They insisted they needed to inspect it before any action could be taken -- even though I'd sent them all logs showing that the dGPU was dead and multiple photos showing how the battery was expanding the laptop shell -- the inspection process would take a minimum of two weeks once they received it, AND it would cost me $120 just for them to inspect it.

Eventually I bit but it took weeks of convincing to get them to send me a unit before I sent mine back to not lose my only computer for at least 2 weeks. Once it was ready to ship I got informed that I'd need to pay the price of a NEW Razer Blade to receive it and that it'd be refunded when I sent the broken computer back. I got them to finally send a unit after being ghosted for almost a month (refurbished!!, not new) and it had scratches all over, and had really bad thermals (idled at 85C).

I ended up returning it and just buying a Gigabyte Aorus laptop. Beefier cooling (RB thermal throttled at 100 constantly even with 2 computer fans pointing at the intake (which is what most likely caused the battery to bloat and the GPU to die)), way better settings to customize everything from fan curves to performance, and phenomenal support for even the smallest of questions. I feel so stupid for buying into their scam. I used to think they used to be the Apple of windows computers but at least Apple will work with you to reach a (rather expensive) solution rather than being completely ghosted or outright scammed.

image.png

Have a nice day! 🙂

Main Workstation*

CPU: Intel Core i7-10870H @ 2.20-4.50GHz

RAM: 32GB (2x 16) DDR4 2933MHz*

iGPU: Intel UHD Graphics*
dGPU: RTX 3070 8GB*

Built-In Storage: Phison Electronics 512GB M.2; Samsung 970 Evo 2TB M.2
External Storage: WD Black Game Drive 4TB; WD MyPassport SSD 2TB; WD MyPassport Ultra 2TB; Samsung T5 512GB

Displays: Samsung CFG73 27" 144Hz 1ms QLED Curved; Dell 24''

Keyboard: Logitech G710+ (Logi pls add it to GHub)

Mouse: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Wireless

In-Ear: Shure SE215-CL Over-Head: Audio Technica ATH-M50x Speakers: Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 Microphone: Blue Yeti

Server

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3200G

Motherboard: ASRock X570M PRO4 AM4

RAM: Patriot Viper Elite 16GB (1x 16) DDR4 2400MHz
iGPU: Radeon Vega Graphics

Storage: Samsung 860 Pro SSD 512GB 2x WD Blue 2TB; 1x Seagate Barracuda 3TB

Displays: Dell 24''

* Gigabyte Aorus 15G XC Laptop

🇵🇪🇮🇹