Anyone here a sysadmin? You'll love this video...

BoomLiam

Made me laugh so much...

Might also be an open discussion for your worst experiences being a Systems Administrator :)

Computer Specs (The Space Fridge):

CPU: Intel i5 3570k | Motherboard: MSI Z77A G45 | RAM: Kingston Hyper X Blu | SSD: OCZ Agility 3 (60GB) | 

HDD: Seagate Barracuda (500GB) | GPU: MSI HD 7950 Fwin Frozr iii | PSU: Corsair CX600 | Case: NZXT Phantom 410 w/ NZXT Blue LED strip

Oh my goodness. This happens to me all the time when I am running the A/V system at school...

It's brilliant because it can relate to so many people, admins, software engineers, yourself, people ask for the most ridiculous things...

Computer Specs (The Space Fridge):

CPU: Intel i5 3570k | Motherboard: MSI Z77A G45 | RAM: Kingston Hyper X Blu | SSD: OCZ Agility 3 (60GB) | 

HDD: Seagate Barracuda (500GB) | GPU: MSI HD 7950 Fwin Frozr iii | PSU: Corsair CX600 | Case: NZXT Phantom 410 w/ NZXT Blue LED strip

I want to print this in 3D. Can you do it with this? (points at a chair)

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

i don't know if i should be sad or amused after watching this

This is incredible; So true to actual developing and design meetings. I really feel for the poor Expert, that position is extremely exhausting!  :lol:

Cheers,

Linus

Im not a sysadmin.. but i've been in similar situations soo many times.. I couldn't laugh  :mellow:  I just cringed

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

the sad truth is how he handles it at the end

they won't understand you

you will have to go as low as they are

sometimes i just want to be a gardener

the sad truth is how he handles it at the end

they won't understand you

you will have to go as low as they are

sometimes i just want to be a gardener

Yeah, in situations like that, it's better to just "surrender", and do it the way it can be done instead. Without telling them you didn't do it the way they visualized it, of course.

Cheers,

Linus

I stopped it after 5:40 I could take no more. Fucking kittens.

Nothing to see here - move along.

It goes with not only sysadmins but programmers and engineering in general.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

It happens everytime I want to explain something to a friend...

CPU : Intel Core i7 3960X, Mobo : X79-UD3, Memory : 4x4GB Vengeance Black Memory 1600MHz, GPU : Asus GTX 970 Strix, Case : Switch 810 Matte Black, Storage : 256GB Samsung 830 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, PSU : Thermaltake 750W 80+ Bronze, Displays : 3x Asus 1080p Screens, Cooling : Corsair H100i, Keyboard : Logitech G710+, Mouse : Madcat Cyborg R.A.T.7, Sound : Sennheiser HD598, V-Moda Crossfade LP, Logitech Z-5500, HMD : Oculus Rift CV1

OH MY GOD, you have no idea how many meetings I have sat in where I am that bloke... 

Can we use one single gang switch to turn two speakers on?

No.

Are you sure?

yes.

have you tried?

no.

well how do you know?

4 years training, 3 separate qualifications and 20 years experience.

but it's not a complicated problem, we just need one switch for two speakers.

But each speaker has 2 wires which means you need to switch 4 wires with one switch.

can't you wire them together?

no.

have you tried?

Bang, my brains on the floor in a puddle.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I just died laughing

Setup: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz, MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard, Corsair GS700 2013 edition PSU, MSI GTX 770 Lightning, Samsung EVO 120 SSD + 2TB&1TB Seagate Barracudas, BenQ XL2411T Monitor, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones + AntLion ModMic 4.0

OH MY GOD, you have no idea how many meetings I have sat in where I am that bloke... 

No.

Are you sure?

yes.

have you tried?

no.

well how do you know?

But each speaker has 2 wires which means you need to switch 4 wires with one switch.

no.

have you tried?

You remind me from someone in college who said any single speaker can be stereo because it has 2 wires... He was so certain that he called his dad to confirm it and ended up not talking to me for the rest of the day :P

Aragorn (WS): 250D | 6800k | 840 Pro 512GB | Intel 530 480GB  | Asus X99-M WS | 64GB DDR4 | Corsair HX720i | GTX 1070 | Corsair H115i | Philips BDM4350UC 43" 3840x2160 IPS

Gimli (server):  Node 304 | G4560 | ADATA XPG SX8000 128GB | 2x 5TB WD Red | ASROCK H270M-ITX/AC  | 8GB DDR4 | Seasonic 400FL

Omega (server):                 Fractal Arc Mini R2 | i3 4130 | 500GB Maxtor | 2TB WD Red : Raid 1 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 16GB RAM | Seasonic G-450w
Alpha (WS): 900D | 4770k | GTX 780  | 840 Pro 512GB  | GA-Z87X-OC | Corsair RM 850 | 24GB 2400mhz | Samsung S27B970D 2560x1440

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

No.

Are you sure?

yes.

have you tried?

no.

well how do you know?

no.

have you tried?

but you can do that...

Prepare for battle in BATTLEFIELD 4! All New Dog tags JUST LIKE THIS:

What exactly is stopping us?

Geometry ...

It feels just like work, I remember reviewing quotes for new servers new pc's new network infrastructure and the company was expecting me to get this to come in under 7500k. I was sitting here thinking you've got to be fucking kidding me...

I know it's a small company but still come on lads :L

Looking at video's like this make me realise why I want to fuck off to Korea and do a job as far away from IT and networking as possible. Depressing coworkers.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

You can draw 7 lines, all perpendicular to each other, If you are drawing in 7 dimensions. The ink can be red and transparent simultanoeusly, you could also draw it with a dye that changes colour based on the acidity of the environment. So you draw with blue ink, that then turns red and you do it all in 7 dimensions so there can be 7 lines that are perpendicular to each other.

but you can do that...

want to argue about it?

come-at-me-bro.jpg

:P

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.