What song are you listening to right now.

killers993
8 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

I mean Scandinavia has a more unique sound when mixing that stuff like Aura Noir, but I never listened to too too much to Vader.

Yeah, but most of the Scandinavian bands (at least that nost people are aware of) were formed way back in the day. 

I'm more talking about the European black/thrash bands that started post the year 2000. 

A lor of them decided to go with the more polished and direct sound of Vader (and other bands, of course), reather than the more primal sound of an Aura Noir or a Nifelheim. 

I don't blame you fior not really listening to Vader. A friend of mine once called them the European version of Five Finger Death Punch; a bunch of generic songs with some covers thrown in to create the illusion of variety and depth. 

And I find that toi be painfully accurate.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

1 hour ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Back when I had a Gamecube I played that way too much.

wow,I found so many answers here under this question,I also want to give an answer.I like Lana Del Ray-Young and beautiful for many years after seeing that film.I open my app from the smart phone ,and find I am now listen to Two is better than one,and sometimes I would like to refer to music with Chinese wind.

10 minutes ago, Elina5796 said:

wow,I found so many answers here under this question,I also want to give an answer.I like Lana Del Ray-Young and beautiful for many years after seeing that film.I open my app from the smart phone ,and find I am now listen to Two is better than one,and sometimes I would like to refer to music with Chinese wind.

Welcome to the forums!

6 hours ago, Okjoek said:

Welcome to the forums!

Thank you ,will you greet each time there is a new member?

NSFW

Inbe4 DJ Soda is the best. ?

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

5 hours ago, Elina5796 said:

Thank you ,will you greet each time there is a new member?

I just happened to notice 0 posts under your profile picture and thought I'd say welcome.

When the PC is acting up haunted,

who ya gonna call?
"Monotone voice" : A local computer store.

*Terrible joke I know*

Rediscovered this recently:

One of the few recent pop songs that actually dared to be experimental and out there. 

On 7/16/2018 at 12:25 AM, valdyrgramr said:

At least America and Australia have some "decent" blackened thrash acts like toxic holocaust and destroyer 666.

The entirety of the Americas have a pretty good and grounded tradition for black/thrash

16 hours ago, Okjoek said:

I just happened to notice 0 posts under your profile picture and thought I'd say welcome.

A lot of thanks to you .and hope you enjoy music shared here.

My Spotify is littered with tracks from all over Sweden, The Netherlands, and the rest of Europe due to accessing the service from a variety of European countries since its' launch in Fall 2008. Oh the perks of being invited to the beta of what is now the world's most well rounded music streaming platform 6 years before the CRTC approved its' official launch in Canada.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

12 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Also some nice black/death hybrid stuff.

I can't disagree with that.

Although, I tend to prefer my black/death a bit more primitive than Goatwhore:

The Indian Subcontinent has also been killing it in terms of black/death:

10 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Speaking of barbaric, who wore it better?

That's a goddamn blast from the past. My dad used to play a lot of Normaal when I was younger. 

He would always describe it as "Conan the Barbarian rock". So I'll say Normaal wore it better. 

Also, I've never heard of Heidevolk untill just now, so I'll leave my judgement untill I've heard more.

Since we've gone full blown on the barbarism, then I'll plug a project by some friends of mine:

It's basically a neo-folk project that tries to replicate the musical traditions of the vikings, with lyrical themes taken from Norse mythology and Sami shamanism.

4 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

One of my fav barbaric bands in black metal.
Another good barbaric band, but more Finnish Folk.

I really do like Kampfar. They're what I's imagine Enslaved would have sounded like if they hadn't taken the progressive route. 

I'll always remember Korpiklaani for two things: 

1. They almost caused me to fall unconcious due to alcohol poisoning during a festival about ten years ago
  2. The door kick in the beginning of the Wooden Pints video.

abb.jpg

I wish there were some Danish black metal bands I could recommend, but not a lot have embraced the whole viking aesthetic

But there are some:

There's actually a documentary featuring the guy in the second band, but unfortunaly it isn't subtitled in English.

Which is a shame, because it's actually quite funny and strange.

2 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

I do have a friend[not close we just talk on FB at times] from the Faroe Islands, but you probably have heard of his band the Viking Folk band Tyr. 

Heri, the original guitarist and replaced Pol on vocals.  Heri is both really nice, smart, and adorably short.  xD  Also, Pol left Tyr because he didn't wanna leave his family for a life of touring and I think a few other reasons.  Iirc, Heri said he's like a history teacher of something now in the Faroe Islands and doing well.

Yeah, I thought about listing Tyr as well, but I might have gotten in trouble if I had listed them as a Danish band.

But they have toured quite extensively in Denmark. The Faroe Islands aren't really a big market, so they had to expand to the rest of the Kingdom.