What song are you listening to right now.

killers993
15 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

He's not a bad singer, but Yngie wouldn't change the tuning for the song for it to fit his voice, so it wasn't composed/conducted well for his voice. xD  To be fair, he could have used vocal weight, but Mark is against that.

I don't think you could get Yngwie Malmsteen to change for anyone. 

"Malsteen doesn't fit you, you fit Malmsteen" seems to have been the motto of his career. 

Yeah, there are plenty unsung vocalists in metal. 

One of my favorite vocalists of all time is ICS Vortex, formerly of Dimmu Borgir. But he seems all but forgotten after he left the band:

Which is a shame, becuase his solo work is much better than anything Dimmu Borgir has been making in 20 years.

Another one I think is overlooked is Bo Summer, the vocalist for Illdisposed:

Granted, his voice is not what it used to be, but he used to be one the best harsh vocalists in the world. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

2 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

Ya, I loved his countertenoring/falsetto skills when he was in the band.  Dimmu isn't that great anymore with the latest direction they went in.  The newest album is poorly engineered.

Yeah, the new Dimmu Birgit album wasn't good and neither was the previous one.

Honestly, the new album sound more like a compilation of songs than a cohesive album. I guess that's what happens when you take 8 years to make your album.

Also, new Bad Religion song.

Say what you want about Greg Graffin, but he knows how to write some witty lyrics.

Thanks MKBHD. Great rec.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

3 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

The problem with the first album from the 2010s was that it was way too experimental and that one song gateway had horrible female vocals.  The new album tries too hard to be an orchestra album/symphonic, but the mixing is so bad that several key parts of the composition get drowned out.  The closest I'll go now to Dimmu is Galder's original band.

My fav song by the band.  I mean Ov Hell is pretty good too, but I'm not sure if that project is still going.

Old Man's Child's first album, Born of the Flickering, is one of my favorite symphonic black metal albums. 

But yeah, it seems like Old Man's Child, unfortunatly, plays second fiddle to Dimmu Borgir at the moment. It's been almost 10 years since the last album. 

Shagrath's pre-Dimmu Borgi band is also quite a lot better than Dimmu Borgir has been lately:

It's very traditional black metal, but it's executed almost perfectly. 

I like Biggie, but I think he's overrated. But, I'll say that his flow is something no one's ever done before or since.

"I'm seeing body after body and our mayor Giuliani ain't tryin' to see no black man turn to John Gotti;
My daughter use a potty so she's older now, educated street knowledge, I'ma mould her now"

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Just gonna leave this here

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

I'm slowly starting to appreciate rap songs especially the underrated ones which I think better than the mainstream. As it turns out, most rap diss tracks are more lit when it comes from underrated rappers.

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

35 minutes ago, ONOTech said:

The new Drake album is wack, that's all I gotta say.

A few bangerz here and there but meh overall.

I don't even think that Drake is actually a rapper. He started his career in R&B.

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

7 hours ago, ONOTech said:

The new Drake album is wack, that's all I gotta say.

A few bangerz here and there but meh overall.

Does the album at least have a respons to The Story of Adidon

Personally, I've been almost continuously disappointed by Drake. He has had good songs, but his albums have always been lack luster. 

In my book Drake has only had one decent album and one good mixtape.

IN DJEEEEEEEEEEEEENT 
IN DJEEEEEEEEEEEEENT
IN DJEEEEEEEEEEEEENT
IN DJEEEEEEEEEEEEENT

Ex-EX build: Liquidfy C+... R.I.P.

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Ryzen 5 1600x @4.0 GHz/1.4V – sold

Gigabyte X370 Aorus Gaming K7 – sold

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB @3200 Mhz – sold

Alpenfoehn Brocken 3 Black Edition – it's somewhere

Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse – ded

Intel SSD 660p 1TB – sold

be Quiet! Straight Power 11 750w – sold

2 hours ago, ONOTech said:

If by response you mean a confession, then yes :D He confirmed that he has a son out of wedlock that he kept hidden from the public. I don't think he has a response to Pusha T, and tbh after what Pusha did to him, it's probably for the better lol

Damn... If that's not a defeat I don't know what is.

I know J. Prince and Kanye had kinda buried the hatchet for them, but I had actually anticipated another diss-track from Drake.

Apparently Drake knows when to cut his loses. 

You linked a great song btw. I'm a sucker for 90s west coast hip hop productions as A Tribe Called Quest is one of my favorite rap groups.

Whether or Not is one of favorite hip-hop albums of this year. Both Evidence and The Alchemist really brought their A-game in terms of production.    

Also, talking of diss-tracks and A tribe Called Quest, I just found out last week that MC Hammer tried to beef with Q-Tip back in the day.

Let's say that again: MC Hammer tried to set himself up as a better rapper than Q-tip.

That would be like if I tried starting a beef with MF Doom.

Needless to say that MC Hammer's diss-track pretty much had the opposite effect of what he intended. 

I wish more artists would give it a shot in 2018. One of the only "mainstream" artists I know that has done it recently is YG.

I'm right there with you. While I can understand that the more mainstream audience wants something new, but even the more underground artists seems to have all but forgotten the old school stylings. 

Of course, Evidence is the exeption in 2018, but most other hip-hop (at least what I've listened to) in 2018 seems to be more focused on being experimental:

Not to say they're bad. Both those projects are definet top 10 materials, but neither really caters to a wider audience. 

Jay Park. Jack of all trade, master of none (imo). Got kicked out from 2PM almost a decade ago was a blessing that explode his talents to another level.

Great guy. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

5 hours ago, ONOTech said:

Oh man, don't even get me started on artists drifting to experimental music. I'm all for expanding your sound and growing sonically, but a lot of artists seem to gravitate to less radio-friendly songs because it's somehow artistically superior. Case and point the Moodie song you linked...it just lacks direction IMO. 

Again, I would have to agree. 

While I really enjoy the latest Moodie Black project, I will say that it's not for everyone. 

Making less radio-freindly music can be an artform unto itself, and it's an arform most artists don't have a firm grasp on. 

Consult the latest Katy Perry album as an example. 

I personally think making infectious hip hop and pop music with great lyrics is really difficult. With that being said I don't hate the experimental genre, but it's hard to do it well. Some of my favorite exp artists are Charli XCX, SOPHIE, Fka twigs, early 2010s Death Grips (and even then really only his singles), and some of Kanye's work from the Yeezy / TLOP era.

You just managed to list some of my favorite pop artists going. The whole PC Music scene is really intersting and seems to be creeping its way into the mainstream. 

That song is amazing and I need more .Thanks for the recommendation.