What song are you listening to right now.

killers993

Try playing your music library a little bit slower with vlc.  It even works on iPods with apps, so instead of hearing your music at the same speed each time, vlc let's you set it.

So I really want this feature to get more use and I'd like to improve the slider ui, and add a new feature: custom speed per song.  It's basically already there with bookmarks and save playback speed, just bring those two features together.

Moving the slider causes the sound to skip, and doesn't allow moving to nearby speeds. The range is too wide, should be customizable.

Arrows move by 5%, less would be easier, and allow 0.01% precision.

Lines for all ,1 5 10% points.  Clearly shows how much to move to access a speed.

Playlists based on speed preset.  Each song wpuld have multiple custom speed set, and after cesting the playlist, you could set the playlist to load speed one or two for all songs.

Instead of 100% as normal speed, change it to distance from 0 which works a lot better for further modifying overall speed ibn addition to the preset song speed.

Hopefully some of these changes will be added, as it reduces the need to constantly adjust the speed.

: JRE #1914 Siddarth Kara

How bad is e-waste?  Listen to that Joe Rogan episode.

"Now you get what you want, but do you want more?
- Bob Marley, Rastaman Vibration album 1976

Windows 11 will just force business to "recycle" "obscolete" hardware.  Microsoft definitely isn't bothered by this at all, and seems to want hardware produced just a few years ago to be considered obsolete.  They have also not shown any interest nor has any other company in a similar financial position, to help increase tech recycling whatsoever.  Windows 12 might be cloud-based and be a monthly or yearly fee.

Software suggestions

Just get f.lux [Link removed due to forum rules] so your screen isn't bright white at night, a golden orange in place of stark 6500K bluish white.

released in 2008 and still being improved.

Dark Reader addon for webpages.  Pick any color you want for both background and text (background and foreground page elements).  Enable the preview mode on desktop for Firefox and Chrome addon, by clicking the dark reader addon settings, Choose dev tools amd click preview mode.

NoScript or EFF's privacy badger addons can block many scripts and websites that would load and track you, possibly halving page load time!

F-droid is a place to install open-source software for android, Antennapod, RethinkDNS, Fennec which is Firefox with about:config, lots of performance and other changes available, mozilla KB has a huge database of what most of the settings do.  Most software in the repository only requires Android 5 and 6!

I recommend firewall apps (blocks apps) and dns filters (redirect all dns requests on android, to your choice of dns, even if overridden).  RethinkDNS is my pick and I set it to use pi-hole, installed inside Ubuntu/Debian, which is inside Virtualbox, until I go to a website, nothing at all connects to any other server.  I also use NextDNS.io to do the same when away from home wi-fi or even cellular!  I can even tether from cellular to any device sharing via wi-fi, and block anything with dns set to NextDNS, regardless if the device allows changing dns.  This style of network filtration is being overridden by software updates on some devices, forcing a backup dns provuder, such as google dns, when built in dns requests are not connecting.  Without a complete firewall setup, dns redirection itself is no longer always effective.

Grateful Dead - Casey jones, at 79-80% speed, I tried to match it up, but it's not 81% or 79% but 80% didn't quite match either, close though.

A lot of grateful dead songs sound more relaxed at slower speeds, just don't let the lower vocals distrqct you from what really matters, the music.

The high pitch guitars still come through at speeds as low as 42-48%

Windows 11 will just force business to "recycle" "obscolete" hardware.  Microsoft definitely isn't bothered by this at all, and seems to want hardware produced just a few years ago to be considered obsolete.  They have also not shown any interest nor has any other company in a similar financial position, to help increase tech recycling whatsoever.  Windows 12 might be cloud-based and be a monthly or yearly fee.

Software suggestions

Just get f.lux [Link removed due to forum rules] so your screen isn't bright white at night, a golden orange in place of stark 6500K bluish white.

Dark Reader addon for webpages.  Pick any color you want for both background and text (background and foreground page elements).  Enable the preview mode on desktop for Firefox and Chrome addon, by clicking the dark reader addon settings, Choose dev tools amd click preview mode.

NoScript or EFF's privacy badger addons can block many scripts and websites that would load and track you, possibly halving page load time!

F-droid is a place to install open-source software for android, Antennapod, RethinkDNS, Fennec which is Firefox with about:config, lots of performance and other changes available, mozilla KB has a huge database of what most of the settings do.  Most software in the repository only requires Android 5 and 6!

I recommend firewall apps (blocks apps) and dns filters (redirect all dns requests on android, to your choice of dns, even if overridden).  RethinkDNS is my pick and I set it to use pi-hole, installed inside Ubuntu/Debian, which is inside Virtualbox, until I go to a website, nothing at all connects to any other server.  I also use NextDNS.io to do the same when away from home wi-fi or even cellular!  I can even tether from cellular to any device sharing via wi-fi, and block anything with dns set to NextDNS, regardless if the device allows changing dns.  This style of network filtration is being overridden by software updates on some devices, forcing a backup dns provuder, such as google dns, when built in dns requests are not connecting.  Without a complete firewall setup, dns redirection itself is no longer always effective.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Just listened to "the promise" by original artist, When in Rome, and the slower cover by Sturgill Simpson, and it is a great example of how a slower, more soulful performance can improve a aong.

Original music, but slowed, and chopped slightly. 

Whoever (multiple people) upload these videos really seem to enjoy the music, and put quite a bit of work into re-imagining the music, so I am definitely not the only one who likes to slow down music.  I should contact all of those uploaders and tell them that vlc can allow custom speeds on their music, with no timestretch effect.  They would probably be very interested in my ideas for the feature.

The only one I can name from memory is DJ crystal clear, but it looks like there are a bunch, I could even help upload lots of great songs at a couple different speeds each.

A 20 to 25% speed reduction on the original would be nice, and I like both versions.  It just seems 80s music like this (not most of it) is locked into this weird formula, that maybe record producers or managers pushed.  It just seems such an un-natural style that isn't replicated in any other decade of music and I find it very strange.  Maybe it was all the powder.

There's a lot of great music from the 80s from hip hop, rock n roll, thrash metal, country, and blues.  But when it comes to this strange "pop" category, it has this identifiable sound to it, and most of that 80s pop music sounds nearly identical, as if everyone was (probably) copying everyone else).  Must have been something in the food or the water.

It's like there was a time-crunch to put out crappy music and make a mill, than to slow down and have a true soulful performance on the song, and to me, that's not an artist, it's a money grab.  Great lyrics in the song, and if it were written just ten years before or after, would have sounded a lot better.

So if you haven't tried slowing down your music, download VLC, and go into audio or advanced settings, and clear the timestretch box.

I have several changes and feature additions for playback speed

Show and rename timestretch on slider, with a button for more info.

Dragging slider should move to next nearby percent, not wait 10+ % points to move

Range is excessive, limit to a default of 60 to 110% and allow custom

Arrows change by 5% far too much, allow 0.1% changes, which is the same as 100 to 200%

New feature save speed for current song / speed presets

Each song has a speed preset, ordered from fastest to slowesr, so if you find multiple speeds that sound gpod for a song, quickly switch between them.

Customize or add a saved speed per song, so you can have a playlist with the speeds of all songs to match the bpm of the first song.

Orange linea for all 1 5 and 10% points.  Makes it obvious how much to move to get to a specific speed.

Hopefully at least some of these changes get added

Software suggestions

My favorite Turkish album is 20 years old. This album changed a whole lot of things for the local music industry.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!