What song are you listening to right now.

killers993

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

My stuff:

Spoiler

CPU :  Intel i5 8400 | GPU : MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GB

RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @ 3600MHz

Mouse : Logitech G502 HERO SE | Keyboard : Mountain Everest Max w/ Cherry MX Brown

Headset : Beyerdynamics DT990 Pro 250Ω w/ AT2020USB+

Monitor : Acer XF240H @  144Hz

So, apperantly metal is the most streamed genre on Spotify .http://mashable.com/2015/05/31/spotify-mixed-blessing-metal/#A6INs1CRHqqu

I'm almost 2 years too late to that article, but it's still intersting. Probably goes to show that there isn't really any real sub-cultures anymore.

Well, here's to celebrating, I guess. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

This sick cover of 'Snake Eater' from Metal Gear Solid III. The energy is a spectacle (and sound) to behold.

It has been almost six years since the last time I listened to this song until now. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

1 hour ago, Volbet said:

Finally, a band that does a proper homage to old school Burzum

Because I'm not really into the whole Black Metal scene, I just like the dark atmosphere, is it part and parcel for the genre to sound like it's echoing from the bathroom down the hallway?

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

43 minutes ago, RatedBlam said:

Because I'm not really into the whole Black Metal scene, I just like the dark atmosphere, is it part and parcel for the genre to sound like it's echoing from the bathroom down the hallway?

It really depends on the band and the sub-genre of black metal. 

A lot of the black metal aesthetic does rely on having a really lo-fi production. The atmosphereic side of black metal (that Burzum and Helvetspine falls into) tend to then drown their sound in reverb and/or delay, making the sound very echoey.

And if you like the dark atomosphere of black metal, I can recommend looking into dark ambient music and dungeon synth

2 minutes ago, Volbet said:

It really depends. 

A lot of the black metal aesthetic does lie on having a really poor production value. The atmosphereic side of black metal (that Burzum and Helvetspine falls into) tend to then drown their sound in reverb and/or delay, making the sound very echoey.

And if you like the dark atomosphere of black metal, I can recommend looking into dark ambient music and dungeon synth

Spoiler

I really like metal music, but the heavily layered effects don't really do it for me, neither do the growls :/

Dungeon synth is pretty nice, I remember you posting some fellas bandcamp here a while ago. That was my first introduction to the genre.

27 minutes ago, RatedBlam said:

I really like metal music, but the heavily layered effects don't really do it for me, neither do the growls :/

That's perfectly understandable. 

A lot of black metal, death metal, grindcore, etc. is meant to sound harsh and abrasive. It's usually not what people find pleasent to listen to.

Personally, I grew up listning to this kind of stuff, so it doesn't really bother me.

27 minutes ago, RatedBlam said:

Dungeon synth is pretty nice, I remember you posting some fellas bandcamp here a while ago. That was my first introduction to the genre.

Ahh yes, Spectral Kingdom. I stll feel bad about having cost him money on the purchase I made.

After 25 yeards it seems like the world is finally noticing dungeon synth. Which is really awesome.

There is a lof of creativity to find within the dungeon synth genre.

For example:

This is inspired by an old Finnish folklore story, and it really does work with it. 

1 hour ago, Volbet said:

That's perfectly understandable. 

A lot of black metal, death metal, grindcore, etc. is meant to sound harsh and abrasive. It's usually not what people find pleasent to listen to.

Personally, I grew up listning to this kind of stuff, so it doesn't really bother me.

Ahh yes, Spectral Kingdom. I stll feel bad about having cost him money on the purchase I made.

After 25 yeards it seems like the world is finally noticing dungeon synth. Which is really awesome.

There is a lof of creativity to find within the dungeon synth genre.

For example:

This is inspired by an old Finnish folklore story, and it really does work with it. 

I like some early style death metal, like Sodom(if that's actually early, I just assume so) It has nice energy and aggression. Without being too harsh for my delicate ears accustomed to Heavy Metal :P

That's an interesting bit of history, I had no idea dungeon synth is that old.

It's funny how something so simple can be so evocative.

Makes me pumped while driving.

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

3 hours ago, RatedBlam said:

I like some early style death metal, like Sodom(if that's actually early, I just assume so) It has nice energy and aggression. Without being too harsh for my delicate ears accustomed to Heavy Metal :P

Sodom falls into that early periode, where there wasn't any real distinction between thrash -, death - and black metal. 

Bands like Venom, Sodom, Kreator, Hellhammer/Celtic FrostSarcófago, BulldozerHolocausto, Destruction and Bathory are all categorized as thrash - or speed metal today, but they all became the bedrock which thrash - , death - and black  metal builds upon today. 

Although, Sodom is usually seen as a bigger influence on the black metal scene rather than the death metal scene. 

Mostly due to the lo-fi quality of In the Sign of Evil and Obsessed by Cruelty, and it's also due to the shriked vocalstyle of Tom Angelripper.   

Sodom is also one of the few bands that have gotten more and more abrasive with age

Atleast in their live performances. 

3 hours ago, RatedBlam said:

That's an interesting bit of history, I had no idea dungeon synth is that old.

It's funny how something so simple can be so evocative.

I first got introduced to dungeon synth in the early 2000s. 

Back then I played a lot of D&D with some friends and one of those friends (who was our DM) always played dungeon synth to help set the mood.

But it was a bitch to get a hold of back then . It was pretty much only distributed through magazines and tape trading.