What song are you listening to right now.

killers993

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Apologies in advance for necroing people's song posts from a year ago. It's been a hot minute since I commented / reflected on relatable songs and shared what I'm listening to, so we're playing a lot of catch up in this post. Speaking of this post... I wonder how long a post one can make before Invision Power Board breaks - time to find out!

On 4/22/2023 at 8:47 PM, Crunchy Dragon said:

Double posting in the song thread, but oh well.

I'm pretty sure I was vibing with this (and a few other songs) because their lyrics heavily resonated with me at the time. (Was struggling with some abandonment and identity issues after thinking I found "my people" among friends. I mean, I still struggle, but I used to, too!) Anyway, this song should remind us that it's okay to be "an alien" because everyone's a weird alien in their own ways, and sometimes you find other aliens who love you for who you are.

On 5/3/2023 at 6:33 PM, Crunchy Dragon said:

In other news, here's a song I haven't listened to in many years but somehow found my way back to last night:

One of my favorite tracks off one of my favorite albums from one of my favorite artists. Sunk cost fallacy in a relationship full of constant push and pull is so very exhausting. I wouldn't wish it upon anyone, and yet so many people need to experience it at least once to avoid it in future relationships.

On 5/21/2023 at 3:22 PM, TheSeedSprout said:

Who put Gerudo Valley in my Route 10?

Reminds me a lot of Storm and Fire by Yuki Kajiura. Both the Gerudo Valley and Kakariko Village theme songs were (and still are) my favorites from Ocarina of Time.

On 5/30/2023 at 11:43 PM, TheSeedSprout said:

One of my favorite songs ever. Oh crap, I caused page 1000!

[When I'm in the mood] I absolutely love the fast-paced high-energy melodies found in many Monstercat labelled artists that end up on Rocket League x Monstercat compilation albums, like the melodies in both the Hyper Potions and the Dreamy Beach by Snail's House & dark cat song below.

On 6/4/2023 at 9:21 PM, xAcid9 said:

We back to page 999 🤯 and if you flip 999 upside down you get 

Iron Maiden (along with Stratovarius and Sonata Arctica) will forever be recognized as the heavy / power / symphonic metal bands that resulted in their genres being among my favorite. Sonata Arctica's live For the Sake of Revenge DVD (filmed in Tokyo, Japan) is absolute gold IMO.

On 6/6/2023 at 11:08 AM, sub68 said:

Holy frick how does this sound decent.

Sometimes Nightcore renditions are crap. Sometimes they're amazing. This indeed sounds clean AF and isn't overtly sped up either - I think the original is just over 2 minutes long, which is extremely close to this rendition. Nice find / share.

On 6/28/2023 at 1:22 PM, Crunchy Dragon said:

@ChonkerFox you're gonna drop the like reaction on this, but I do implore you to listen to the whole thing before doing so.

Nothing, not a single thing, not even the first album, could have prepared me for a sequel.

With a label like "Great Value" there's no way this could ever be bad. And they wrote a song about the CORRECT way to make a pizza, too: WITHOUT PINEAPPLE. 😄Reminds me of this banger of a continuous mix album from 2011 that mashes pop and movie / TV themes with 80's and 90's hip-hop / rap.

On 7/12/2023 at 1:25 AM, Kilrah said:

Computer or not, artists like this and Marc Rebillet know how to entertain a crowd on-the-fly with improvisation and loops. Great share!

On 7/21/2023 at 12:36 PM, Sil3nt1 said:

I need to throw this album's CD back into the car. Favorite tracks were Superfast Jellyfish and Some Kind of Nature.

On 8/2/2023 at 3:11 PM, EllieCat said:

Nostalgia.

💩💩💩💩💩

On 8/29/2023 at 9:16 AM, SimplyChunk said:

Cause I was pissed off this morning..

RAMESES B. ❤️ I also need to throw both Liquicity 1 and 2 album CDs into my car for an upcoming roadtrip. This is one of the most bestest compilation music videos ever made to match a dreamy piece of music.

On 9/23/2023 at 10:56 PM, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Only those growing up in Vancouver would understand... It's 2008 and you hear this while tuning into...

image.jpeg.8211dfa7edce6abb6fb729406724231a.jpeg

Yea looks like this album was wiped off the face of the earth. Spotify doesn't have it, Apple Music doesn't have it, Amazon Music diddo, YouTube - who is Elise Estrada? So enjoy a cheesy Windows Movie Maker lyric video very fitting of the era. 

Looks like the album is available for me in Canadia land. And regarding hearing this on Vancouver's various pop FM radio stations ALL THE TIME in 2008: can absolutely confirm. This was one of those "play multiple times a day" hit tracks. Still bops today.

On 9/24/2023 at 1:53 AM, SimplyChunk said:

This is probably cringe these day's isn't it? Remember when I was listening to these guys from Canada.  Such a crazy few months of my life

Not cringe at all. Part of me wishes I was born 10 years earlier so I could've gone to their 2003 live concert. To this day, it's another one of my favorite live album recordings to throw on when I want to feel AllTheFeels™. Love the intro to Are you sad? "You guys are all real people out there right?"

On 9/30/2023 at 10:21 PM, nbrowser said:

Another fan of The Warning! Something about the way these sisters play live and compose their music is so refreshing. Elizabeth over at The Charismatic Voice does a great analysis of their musical abilities.

On 8/24/2023 at 6:50 AM, Moonzy said:

I can't believe it's not PISS! 😄 https://kizunami.bandcamp.com/album/i-cant-believe-its-not-piss

On 12/29/2023 at 6:10 AM, xAcid9 said:

▲

▲ ▲

Speaking of DragonForce and Taylor Swift songs... IMO (and in ALL my friends opinions) this is ab ABSOLUTE banger of a cover.

On 1/22/2024 at 12:52 PM, wONKEyeYEs said:

OK Go had some of the most creative videos. Love their Rube Golberg machine video.

On 4/1/2024 at 5:48 PM, Gary Vollink said:

There have been so few "dance tracks" since ~2016, so I'm really happy to see Caravan Palace back in action.

Yabsolutely! The first time I threw Lonedigger on the Chromecast during a Cards Against Humanity game night with 8-12 friends back in 2016 literally everyone stopped paying any attention to the card came because they were captivated by the sound of Electroswing.

And now for what I've been listening to... It's been all over the place over the last year, but we've mostly settled back into a mix of alt pop punk, symphonic metal, and high-energy electronica. In no particular order...

Overdrive by Protostar, Emma McGann

Empress of the Damned by Gunship, Lig-its (as Joel would say), Tim Capello

Pandaemonium by Helion Prime

Think About Things by Dadi Freyr

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | REDACTED - 50GB US + CAN Data for $34/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Tragically Hip :Nautical Disaster

Spotify > Galaxy S20 > Elecom LBT-PAR500 > Sony MDR-V6 (diy removable cable mod).

image.thumb.jpeg.3bb99b03f17c39b4d1492bc2ae0465cc.jpeg

Heck yeah @kirashi

I had forgotten I posted all of those in here lol

Anyway, here's Oblivion

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

2 hours ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Heck yeah @kirashi

I had forgotten I posted all of those in here lol

Anyway, here's Oblivion

Susanna Sundfor has also some superb collabs with Royksopp as well.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

🥲

Some of these LA's uncle actually know their songs. 😆

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

On 6/4/2024 at 3:45 AM, kirashi said:

Apologies in advance for necroing people's song posts from a year ago. It's been a hot minute since I commented / reflected on relatable songs and shared what I'm listening to, so we're playing a lot of catch up in this post. Speaking of this post... I wonder how long a post one can make before Invision Power Board breaks - time to find out!

I'm pretty sure I was vibing with this (and a few other songs) because their lyrics heavily resonated with me at the time. (Was struggling with some abandonment and identity issues after thinking I found "my people" among friends. I mean, I still struggle, but I used to, too!) Anyway, this song should remind us that it's okay to be "an alien" because everyone's a weird alien in their own ways, and sometimes you find other aliens who love you for who you are.

One of my favorite tracks off one of my favorite albums from one of my favorite artists. Sunk cost fallacy in a relationship full of constant push and pull is so very exhausting. I wouldn't wish it upon anyone, and yet so many people need to experience it at least once to avoid it in future relationships.

Reminds me a lot of Storm and Fire by Yuki Kajiura. Both the Gerudo Valley and Kakariko Village theme songs were (and still are) my favorites from Ocarina of Time.

[When I'm in the mood] I absolutely love the fast-paced high-energy melodies found in many Monstercat labelled artists that end up on Rocket League x Monstercat compilation albums, like the melodies in both the Hyper Potions and the Dreamy Beach by Snail's House & dark cat song below.

Iron Maiden (along with Stratovarius and Sonata Arctica) will forever be recognized as the heavy / power / symphonic metal bands that resulted in their genres being among my favorite. Sonata Arctica's live For the Sake of Revenge DVD (filmed in Tokyo, Japan) is absolute gold IMO.

Sometimes Nightcore renditions are crap. Sometimes they're amazing. This indeed sounds clean AF and isn't overtly sped up either - I think the original is just over 2 minutes long, which is extremely close to this rendition. Nice find / share.

With a label like "Great Value" there's no way this could ever be bad. And they wrote a song about the CORRECT way to make a pizza, too: WITHOUT PINEAPPLE. 😄Reminds me of this banger of a continuous mix album from 2011 that mashes pop and movie / TV themes with 80's and 90's hip-hop / rap.

Computer or not, artists like this and Marc Rebillet know how to entertain a crowd on-the-fly with improvisation and loops. Great share!

I need to throw this album's CD back into the car. Favorite tracks were Superfast Jellyfish and Some Kind of Nature.

💩💩💩💩💩

RAMESES B. ❤️ I also need to throw both Liquicity 1 and 2 album CDs into my car for an upcoming roadtrip. This is one of the most bestest compilation music videos ever made to match a dreamy piece of music.

Looks like the album is available for me in Canadia land. And regarding hearing this on Vancouver's various pop FM radio stations ALL THE TIME in 2008: can absolutely confirm. This was one of those "play multiple times a day" hit tracks. Still bops today.

Not cringe at all. Part of me wishes I was born 10 years earlier so I could've gone to their 2003 live concert. To this day, it's another one of my favorite live album recordings to throw on when I want to feel AllTheFeels™. Love the intro to Are you sad? "You guys are all real people out there right?"

Another fan of The Warning! Something about the way these sisters play live and compose their music is so refreshing. Elizabeth over at The Charismatic Voice does a great analysis of their musical abilities.

I can't believe it's not PISS! 😄 https://kizunami.bandcamp.com/album/i-cant-believe-its-not-piss

Speaking of DragonForce and Taylor Swift songs... IMO (and in ALL my friends opinions) this is ab ABSOLUTE banger of a cover.

OK Go had some of the most creative videos. Love their Rube Golberg machine video.

Yabsolutely! The first time I threw Lonedigger on the Chromecast during a Cards Against Humanity game night with 8-12 friends back in 2016 literally everyone stopped paying any attention to the card came because they were captivated by the sound of Electroswing.

And now for what I've been listening to... It's been all over the place over the last year, but we've mostly settled back into a mix of alt pop punk, symphonic metal, and high-energy electronica. In no particular order...

Overdrive by Protostar, Emma McGann

Empress of the Damned by Gunship, Lig-its (as Joel would say), Tim Capello

Pandaemonium by Helion Prime

Think About Things by Dadi Freyr

Kinda shocked it's letting me quote such a long post... but honestly I haven't even been checking the forums in a hot minute lmao

Edit: oh yea here's a song

Sorry if I disappoint, I'm just an otter

Global warming so bad santa had to find a new job. 

AMD R9 5900X | Thermalright Frozen Edge 360, 5x TL-B12
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 4x8GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1496 | WD SN850, SN850X, SN770
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact, 2x TL-B12, TL-C12 Pro

In light of ripping some DVD's to my Plex server Im listening some Judas Priest Breaking the LAW.

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Brutal

CPU-AMD Ryzen 9 5900X / CPU Cooler-Noctua NH-D15S / Motherboard-MSI MPG X570S CARBON MAX WIFI / Memory-G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64 GB (4 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 / Storage-WD WDBSLA0040HNC-NRSN 4TB 3.5" 7200 RPM / Storage-WD Red 6 TB 3.5" 5400 RPM--Crucial P3 4TB 3.0X4 NVME--Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB 4.0X4 NVME--Corsair MP600 CORE 2TB 4.0X4 NVME / Video Card-XFX Radeon RX 6900 XT / Case-Lian Li O11 Air Mini / PSU-SeaSonic PRIME 1000 W 80+ Gold / Sound Card-Creative Labs Sound Blaster Z w/Shield / Monitor-BenQ GW2765HT 27.0" 2560 x 1440 60 Hz / Monitor-Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27.0" 2560 x 1440 170 Hz / Keyboard-Logitech G Pro / Mouse-Logitech G502 LIGHTSPEED Wireless / UPS-CyberPower GX1325U / Fan Controller-Corsair Commander Pro

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5800X / CPU Cooler-Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX / Motherboard-Asus TUF GAMING X570-PRO (WI-FI) / MemoryG.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 / Storage-Western Digital Black SN750 SE 1TB 4.0X4 NVME--Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB 3.0X4 NVME--Seagate Barracuda Compute 3 TB 3.5" 5400 RPM / Video Card-Asus KO Gaming OC GeForce RTX 3070 / Case-Lian Li O11 Air Mini / Case-LIAN LI PCI-E 16 X 4.0 Black Riser / PSU-EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G+ Gold / Monitor-LG 22BK430H-B 21.5" 1920 x 1080 60 Hz / Monitor-MSI Optix 271CQP 27.0" 2560 x 1440 165 Hz Curved / Keyboard-Logitech G413 TKL SE / Mouse-Logitech G502 HERO Wired / UPS-CyberPower CP1350PFCLCD / Fan Controller-Corsair  Commander Pro / Sony HT-S200F Soundbar

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5700X / CPU Cooler-Scythe Mugen 5 Black Edition / Motherboard-MSI MPG B550I GAMING EDGE MAX WIFI / Memory-G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 / Storage-Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB 3.0X4 NVME--PNY CS900 1TB 2.5" SSD--Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB NVME/ Video Card-EVGA XC GAMING GeForce RTX 3060 / Case-Cooler NR200P / PSU-Cooler Master V750 SFX GOLD / Keyboard-HyperX Alloy Origins Core / Mouse-Logitech G502 HERO Wired / UPS-CyberPower LE1000DG-FC / Fan Controller-NZXT RGB & Fan Controller

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5700G / CPU Cooler-Scythe Shuriken 2 / Motherboard-Gigabyte X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI / Memory-Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3800 CL18 / Storage-WD Blue 1TB 2.5" SSD--Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB 3.0X4 NVME--Patriot P310 1.92TB 3.0X4 NVME / Case-InWin B1 Mesh / Keyboard-Logitech K380 / Mouse-Logitech G502 LIGHTSPEED Wireless / Monitor-ViewSonic VX1755 17" 1080p Portable IPS Gaming Monitor 144Hz / Speakers-Creative Muvo Go (Black)

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

last verse is killer

Portnoy really had some sick fills in this one and they blend so well with rest of jimmy's trademarked kick patterns. Its really sad that we did not get to hear Portnoy and Jimmy together.

15 years this year.

Peace be with you. Al-Ḥamdu lillāh ٱلْحَمْدُ لِلَّٰ