NZXT Phantom 820 fans reorder

frozensun

Hey friends.

Well I notice that there is quite warm air exhausting from the case,and I'm sure because of the 2080 Super which is heating to 80 C under load (quite normal).

Now all fans came prefigured as intake I think,and the only fan which is exhaust was the rear fan which was NZXT and I replaced it with Arctic P14 (now PWM),and that is the only fan I was able to find in my city at store.

So do you think this stock cooling is okay,I don't think so,since I have 3 intakes and only one exhaust.

As you can see on picture there is clearence at the bottom for 2x140mm fans,but because of the HDD cage I can install only one 140 mm fan.

So should I put it as intake or exhaust?

If I put it as intake it will blow the air towards graphics card fans.

I also want to ask you what is the purpose of this (marked in red on pic),I will remove the fan I installed there?

20210325_103119.jpg

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.

I feel like I am seeing inside your case more often than mine. I always prefer having more exhaust fans.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

it should be in the same direction as the front fan, so blowing air towards the gpu. Internal fans dont categorize as intake or exhaust.

22 minutes ago, Levent said:

I feel like I am seeing inside your case more often than mine. I always prefer having more exhaust fans.

Aha okay.

So the one at the bottom if I installed it as exhaust?

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Anyone knows what is the purpose of this "fan holder" marked with red?

19 minutes ago, frozensun said:

Anyone knows what is the purpose of this "fan holder" marked with red?

If I were to guess its to draw the air away from the hdd stack and push towards the rear. Makes sense since air is supposed to flow front to rear.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 EVO, 1x T30

Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14

Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3060/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X, SN770

Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact RGB, Many CFM's

Yeah but what would happen if I would install fan at the bottom as intake..

It would blow towards GPU fans.

Is that bad idea,or good?

Could I in that case lower the temp of my graphics card?

Look at the pic.

kuciste.jpg

9 hours ago, frozensun said:

Yeah but what would happen if I would install fan at the bottom as intake..

It would blow towards GPU fans.

Is that bad idea,or good?

Could I in that case lower the temp of my graphics card?

Look at the pic.

kuciste.jpg

You cant ask this man : (   you told me i was wrong about the top fans you have that blows the wrong way 😮 

cuz the answer to this is very simple 

2 minutes ago, NorKris said:

You cant ask this man : (   you told me i was wrong about the top fans you have that blows the wrong way 😮 

cuz the answer to this is very simple 

who told you that installing fans at the top of the case as exhaust is the worng way?

Dude just google H100i installation and then we can talk here....or RTFM.

1 minute ago, frozensun said:

who told you that installing fans at the top of the case as exhaust is the worng way?

Dude just google H100i installation and then we can talk here....or RTFM.

Please please please show me one H100i installation with 4 fans total in the top with 2 of them blowing the wrong way

3 hours ago, NorKris said:

Please please please show me one H100i installation with 4 fans total in the top with 2 of them blowing the wrong way

I lowered the temp of the CPU by 3 degrees,and that only matters to me.

I made separate topic about it so check it out.

<removed by staff>
Ofc installation of 2 fans at the top as intake was a good choice because my intake is bad taking in concern 3 front fans hidden behind glass panel 😉

C ya.

Edited by SansVarnic
Removed content.

3 hours ago, frozensun said:

I lowered the temp of the CPU by 3 degrees,and that only matters to me.

I made separate topic about it so check it out.

<removed by staff>

Ofc installation of 2 fans at the top as intake was a good choice because my intake is bad taking in concern 3 front fans hidden behind glass panel 😉

C ya.

AIO's should be intake. 

Edited by SansVarnic

Just now, NorKris said:

AIO's should be intake. 

Nope,exhaust through rad out of the case...you need to learn about heat dissipation and heat transfer..

3 hours ago, frozensun said:

Nope,exhaust through rad out of the case...you need to learn about heat dissipation and heat transfer..

wow.. i love arguing with <removed by staff> 😄 

heat dissipation ABC = The colder the Air the better dissipation (effect you get). is the coldest Air INSIDE your case? NO
is it outside? YES

image.png.d68d5da1ce7ba881c576b5238e91dd9d.png

You see how the Exhaust(4,5 and 9) gives the worst temps?

Edited by SansVarnic
Removed content.

I already pointed you that temps are okay and end of the discussion.

Fans on top of the rad are always installed as exhaust heat taken from rad towards out of the case.

Look everywhere on yt.

End of discussion.

3 minutes ago, frozensun said:

I already pointed you that temps are okay and end of the discussion.

Fans on top of the rad are always installed as exhaust heat taken from rad towards out of the case.

Look everywhere on yt.

End of discussion.

I know most ppl do it (does not mean its the best)  🙂  but NO1 has 4 fans  where 2 blows opposite of each other 

31 minutes ago, NorKris said:

I know most ppl do it (does not mean its the best)  🙂  but NO1 has 4 fans  where 2 blows opposite of each other 

Source of the pic?

1 minute ago, frozensun said:

Source of the pic?

Youtuber called casebycase

3 minutes ago, NorKris said:

Youtuber called casebycase

Never heard about him.

If 10 people tell you option 1 and only 1 guy option 2 which one would you go for?

Probably every normal human beeing will think that this 1 guy must be pretending some crazy scientist. 😉

We all should setup our PCs like option 8 😄

At least you made me smile,thank you!!!

49 minutes ago, frozensun said:

Never heard about him.

If 10 people tell you option 1 and only 1 guy option 2 which one would you go for?

Probably every normal human beeing will think that this 1 guy must be pretending some crazy scientist. 😉

But your knowledge of building computers are so low you need to ask if a fan under the GPU would help. And you don't understand why there is a fan mounted next to the GPU. (that also was mounted the wrong way) 

And im not saying its wrong to ask stuff in this forum. But it is wrong to claim to know everything at random

(and btw no we all should not do option 8 cuz front mounted rads is even better, this is the best for top mounted)

-= Topic Locked =-

Its apparent there is no discussion here.

• Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members.
  • Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner.
  • "Don't be a dick" - Wil Wheaton.
  • "Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted.
  • Remember your audience; both present and future.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER