RUMOR - DIAMOND IN SIGHT?

Sakee__

This time, trying not to break any embargo or generate false hopes, I ended up getting some information (which source I cannot reveal) that a power supply capable of simply taking the throne of Cybenetics, obtaining the Diamond badge, would be about to come out. It is a company that is currently producing some very appreciated models and is perfectly capable of bringing something like that.

"It is possible that within the next few months we will have the apex of mainstream consumer power supplies".

image.thumb.png.7b0f15fb8f6efa7098182ebc29787a8d.png

No, this time there was no information on Cybenetics "What's New" tab, this image is just for illustrative purposes.

Literally never heard of Cybenetics. Appears to be some outfit trying to create an alternative to the 80+ classification system for dubious reasons, and also rate PSU's by noise level? Of course neither of those things is a reliable indicator of actual quality, as we endlessly have to remind people about 80+.

Aren't you the person who claimed Redragon was actually making their own PSU's?

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

24 minutes ago, Middcore said:

Literally never heard of Cybenetics. Appears to be some outfit trying to create an alternative to the 80+ classification system for dubious reasons.

You should know about them now. They're behind the best PSU tests in the planet (at least the one that is publicized).

36 minutes ago, Sakee__ said:

It is a company that is currently producing some very appreciated models and is perfectly capable of bringing something like that.

Well, you have many that fits into that description, from Corsair to someone like Bitfenix.

2 minutes ago, boghubodaghi said:

You should know about them now. They're behind the best PSU tests in the planet (at least the one that is publicized).

Best according to who? Cybenetics?

Why does their name sound like a small child trying to pronounce "cybernetics"?

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

4 minutes ago, boghubodaghi said:

Tests paid by the manufacturer, not reviews made to inform consumers.

16 minutes ago, Jeppes said:

I'm pretty sure when Aris tested the Gigabyte P-GM, he wasn't paid to blow it up....

And "his own" setup has been cultivated over a course of a decade racking up >50K USD in testing hardware (You can see the testing methodology if you go back to the TPU tests in 2013/2014 until now).  

52 minutes ago, Middcore said:

Literally never heard of Cybenetics. Appears to be some outfit trying to create an alternative to the 80+ classification system for dubious reasons, and also rate PSU's by noise level? Of course neither of those things is a reliable indicator of actual quality, as we endlessly have to remind people about 80+.

Have you even seen the reports from Cybenetics, and then compared them against the 80 Plus reports...?

28 minutes ago, Jeppes said:

Do you have any reasons to believe that...? Or are you as usual, just trying to appear clever by spewing BS?

:)

37 minutes ago, boghubodaghi said:

Well, you have many that fits into that description, from Corsair to someone like Bitfenix.

You mentioned a name that remind me of something related to this...

1 hour ago, Middcore said:

Aren't you the person who claimed Redragon was actually making their own PSU's?

Cybenetics is, at least for me, a reference and also a milestone. Having Aris Mpitziopoulos, with his team, with the Faganas equipment and also with hard requirements, it is hard to think that they are a problem. I have Mr. Mpitziopoulos as one of the biggest references in this area and I know enough about Cybenetics' policies to be able to tell you with total certainty that they are real and they are very good at what they do, as well as being much better than Plug Load Solutions and their outdated label.

And yes, I am. I have some friends who work for them.

1 hour ago, seon123 said:

Do you have any reasons to believe that...? Or are you as usual, just trying to appear clever by spewing BS?

What BS? I'm pretty sure the company who had their psu certified wont stamp it "exploded while in Cybenetics test" next to efficiency and noise information. PSU reviews are a niche, you make more money working in the industry if you are an expert.

Well I digged in a bit and it says its voluntary certification program. I just find it odd that people take in that it means free of charge. 80 plus costs 6000d per unit so I find it strange if someone offers more useful stuff for free.

10 minutes ago, Sakee__ said:

You mentioned a name that remind me of something related to this...

Corsair is the only company that uses gallium nitride for consumer grade psus... Let's just say I don't see Bitfenix being the company that's pulling off such efficiency levels 😅

That being said, I personally am more excited about the long awaited refresh of the TXM. If they manage to keep the good stuff (compact, semi-modular, cables w/o caps, affordable) while improving on the rest (quieter, FDB fan, no tripping with Ampere GPUs), that thing is going to be exceptional value.

1 minute ago, electropical said:

Corsair is the only company that uses gallium nitride for consumer grade psus... Let's just say I don't see Bitfenix being the company that's pulling off such efficiency levels 😅

That being said, I personally am more excited about the long awaited refresh of the TXM. If they manage to keep the good stuff (compact, semi-modular, cables w/o caps, affordable) while improving on the rest (quieter, FDB fan, no tripping with Ampere GPUs), that thing is going to be exceptional value.

It's not exactly related to BitFenix... but I definitely agree with you, the AX1600I has the most advanced consumer grade platform seen to date and it would be hard for a company as small as BitFenix to try and compete with that.

The power supply I am most looking forward to is the new RMX (which will probably be released soon), I am really in need of something quieter...

2 hours ago, Middcore said:

Welcome to the Internet?

19 hours ago, Jeppes said:

80 plus costs 6000d per unit so I find it strange if someone offers more useful stuff for free.

It isn't free but i don't have exact figures, that's not the point.

You pay Cybenetics for efficiency/noise certification, and while it's waaay more thorough than PlugLoad / 80+, it's still not an indication of quality as you said, yes, there are really no definitive way to evaluate a PSU quality, just ask Jon and he'll write an essay on that while still not getting to the point on how to determine that, but that's still not the point.

But if you've been into PSUs in the last 10 years at any rate, you should've heard of Aris Mpitzopolous who posted PSU reviews on Techpowerup for these 10 years and in the last 5 years or so, on Tom's Hardware too. His reviews are very thorough, i wouldn't be afraid to say that they're even more thorough than Jon's and Jeremy's reviews at Jonnyguru.com (besides the fact that they're old and both of them didn't make any PSU reviews for ages), and constantly improving, for example some years ago he added protection tests in his reviews, making his reviews practically the only source of PSU reviews with protection tests. That's not really surprising tho because he has a whole lab of multi-thousand dollar equipment to pull that off because ... he is the lead engineer at Cybenetics, and while they weren't around for long, if you know who Aris is you should've probably known what is Cybenetics too, or at the very least you do now.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

On 3/13/2021 at 3:30 PM, Juular said:

It isn't free but i don't have exact figures, that's not the point.

You pay Cybenetics for efficiency/noise certification, and while it's waaay more thorough than PlugLoad / 80+, it's still not an indication of quality as you said, yes, there are really no definitive way to evaluate a PSU quality, just ask Jon and he'll write an essay on that while still not getting to the point on how to determine that, but that's still not the point.

But if you've been into PSUs in the last 10 years at any rate, you should've heard of Aris Mpitzopolous who posted PSU reviews on Techpowerup for these 10 years and in the last 5 years or so, on Tom's Hardware too. His reviews are very thorough, i wouldn't be afraid to say that they're even more thorough than Jon's and Jeremy's reviews at Jonnyguru.com (besides the fact that they're old and both of them didn't make any PSU reviews for ages), and constantly improving, for example some years ago he added protection tests in his reviews, making his reviews practically the only source of PSU reviews with protection tests. That's not really surprising tho because he has a whole lab of multi-thousand dollar equipment to pull that off because ... he is the lead engineer at Cybenetics, and while they weren't around for long, if you know who Aris is you should've probably known what is Cybenetics too, or at the very least you do now.

Not to say there is anything wrong with the reviews but it does create a conflict of interest. For transparency it should be mentioned if the reviewer does sub-contracting work or works for the manufacturer whose unit he is reviewing. Some countries also have strict laws about such stuff.

30 minutes ago, Jeppes said:

Not to say there is anything wrong with the reviews but it does create a conflict of interest. For transparency it should be mentioned if the reviewer does sub-contracting work or works for the manufacturer whose unit he is reviewing. Some countries also have strict laws about such stuff.

It's not a governmental-sanctioned testing for these type of "certifications" and proving no intent to do harm, there is no need to publicly disclose in fear of consequence...Regardless, he is not working for any of these OEMs. He's a third-party reviewer. The only conflict of interest would be the opinions of Cybenetics versus what Aris writes for other websites like TPU and Tom's. Cybenetics does lab reports only. It would be quite easy to see why they wouldn't want to be making another type of tierlist. 

However, they print this on the reviews that Aris does. A simple google search for "crmaris" also brings up his Linkdeln page. KitGuru also lists him from Cybenetics.

Disclaimer: Aris Mpitziopoulos is Tom's Hardware's PSU reviewer. He is also the Chief Testing Engineer of Cybenetics and developed the Cybenetics certification methodologies apart from his role on Tom's Hardware. Neither Tom's Hardware nor its parent company, Future PLC, are financially involved with Cybenetics. Aris does not perform the actual certifications for Cybenetics.

If anything, I'd like a hyperlink to the specific lab report about the unit that is being reviewed on the website.

24 minutes ago, Jeppes said:

You still haven't bothered to read any of his reviews, have you?

Disclaimer: Aris Mpitziopoulos is Tom's Hardware's PSU reviewer. He is also the Chief Testing Engineer of Cybenetics, and developed the Cybenetics certification methodologies apart from his role on Tom's Hardware. Neither Tom's Hardware nor its parent company, Future PLC, are financially involved with Cybenetics. Aris does not perform the actual certifications for Cybenetics.

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/corsair-rm650-power-supply,6187-6.html

He does not work for any PSU manufacturers.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

48 minutes ago, Jeppes said:

Not to say there is anything wrong with the reviews but it does create a conflict of interest. For transparency it should be mentioned if the reviewer does sub-contracting work or works for the manufacturer whose unit he is reviewing. 

He does.

18 minutes ago, ForwardVoltage said:

It's not a governmental-sanctioned testing for these type of "certifications" and proving no intent to do harm, there is no need to publicly disclose in fear of consequence...Regardless, he is not working for any of these OEMs. He's a third-party reviewer. The only conflict of interest would be the opinions of Cybenetics versus what Aris writes for other websites like TPU and Tom's. Cybenetics does lab reports only. It would be quite easy to see why they wouldn't want to be making another type of tierlist. 

However, they print this on the reviews that Aris does. A simple google search for "crmaris" also brings up his Linkdeln page. KitGuru also lists him from Cybenetics.

If anything, I'd like a hyperlink to the specific lab report about the unit that is being reviewed on the website.

What's interesting is, even though he gets samples for Cybenetics, he gets additional samples for the reviews he does.  He makes sure to focus specifically on the unit and the reason he has that particular unit.

43 minutes ago, Spotty said:

You still haven't bothered to read any of his reviews, have you?

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/corsair-rm650-power-supply,6187-6.html

He does not work for any PSU manufacturers.

You mean read line by line till you get to the point where its mentioned at the end. I would put that disclaimer on all pages as now you can easily miss that if you only look at the numbers.

8 minutes ago, Jeppes said:

You mean read line by line till you get to the point where its mentioned at the end. I would put that disclaimer on all pages as now you can easily miss that if you only look at the numbers.

Jfc. First you say that it isn't mentioned:

1 hour ago, Jeppes said:

For transparency it should be mentioned if the reviewer does sub-contracting work or works for the manufacturer whose unit he is reviewing

And now that you're corrected, you complain that it isn't made visible enough.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moving_the_goalposts

I think the answer to the question below should be painfully obvious to everyone reading this, now.

On 3/12/2021 at 6:21 PM, seon123 said:

Or are you as usual, just trying to appear clever by spewing BS?

🙂

:)

• 3 weeks later...

While you are enjoying this special day, I can tell you that the product of this time is another offering of... XPG!

I have no information about the name of this unit, but I can say that what I was told was "Cybercore is poor compared to what we are preparing".

See you next time.

On 4/2/2021 at 2:41 AM, Sakee__ said:

"Cybercore is poor compared to what we are preparing".

So it's either CWT CTT or whatever Jon was guessing as 'something better'. We'll see i guess.

5 hours ago, Juular said:

So it's either CWT CTT or whatever Jon was guessing as 'something better'. We'll see i guess.

As I don't have much information, I will assume that CYBERCORE uses the CST platform and our SECRET UNIT uses a platform we have never seen before, just as it was with CORE REACTOR and its CSE platform.

I can confirm to you that this project is the heart of their director of power supply engineering, Mr. Shun-Wen Chan.

Have you ever heard about Bitfenix Vision M?

Just now, Sakee__ said:

Have you ever heard about Bitfenix Vision M?

Yeah, i've almost forgot about that thing, kinda looks like a spin on CTT if you ask me. Do you imply that we may see this platform used by ADATA ?

1 minute ago, Sakee__ said:

director of power supply engineering, Mr. Shun-Wen Chan.

Excuse me, CWT's ?