Is there any other air cooler that is better than Noctua D15?

Algebruh

I had already tried some other high end heatsinks that are "supposed" to be better than D15.

Coolers I had tried are Thermalright True Spirit 140 Power and le grand macho RT. Both coolers look very nice, but performances were not good enough, both are worse than D15 by quite a margin.

I am considering buying Deepcool Assassin III or Thermalright silver arrow.

Any suggestion?

Spec :

Motherboard: z490 ACE

Cpu: 10700KF

Intel I7-10700KF stock - Noctua NH-D15 - A15+A12x25 

Micron Ballistix Sport LT 4133MHz CL17-21-21-40 @1.45v

GIGABYTE AORUS 3090 Xtreme 1905MHz@0.919v/2010MHz@1.063v +900/750 memory clock

Seasonic PX-1000

Lian-Li Lancool II Mesh 

Realistically once you get to a certain size you're only going to see a degree of difference here and there. I really wouldn't be too worried about it.

If you were that worried about cooling performance, you'd be going with a loop.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Why not a D15, then? If the poop fans bother you, they make a black version now.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

33 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

Why not a D15, then? If the poop fans bother you, they make a black version now.

I own one actually. I just need an excuse to buy a new heatsink haha.

I was bothered by the noise from A15, maybe I should just change the fans instead of whole cooler. 😑

Seasonic PX-1000

Lian-Li Lancool II Mesh 

5 hours ago, Algebruh said:

I had already tried some other high end heatsinks that are "supposed" to be better than D15.

Coolers I had tried are Thermalright True Spirit 140 Power and le grand macho RT. Both coolers look very nice, but performances were not good enough, both are worse than D15 by quite a margin.

I am considering buying Deepcool Assassin III or Thermalright silver arrow.

Any suggestion?

Spec :

Motherboard: z490 ACE

Cpu: 10700KF

Hello,

The Assassin III is an excellent option if you are looking for a performance air cooler. Noctua is pretty much the gold standard of air coolers, with good reason, but I don't think you would be disappointed by the Assassin III in terms of performance. I have experience with both, and as dismo mentioned, you won't likely see a huge difference.

DeepCool Support

7 hours ago, Algebruh said:

I have those two Thermalrights, and both were within 5c of my old D14 on Intel hardware, the performance was nearly identical. Not sure how you have such a large discrepancy.

If 3 big air coolers are not enough cooling for you, then you have to look at other causes. Case flow could be one.. people don't like noise and you have to make some noise to move some air. Maybe not enough TIM? A D15 should be fine on that CPU. Same with any other cooler mentioned so far in this thread.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 EVO, 1x T30

Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14

Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3060/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X, SN770

Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact RGB, Many CFM's

3 hours ago, freeagent said:

I have those two Thermalrights, and both were within 5c of my old D14 on Intel hardware, the performance was nearly identical. Not sure how you have such a large discrepancy.

If 3 big air coolers are not enough cooling for you, then you have to look at other causes. Case flow could be one.. people don't like noise and you have to make some noise to move some air. Maybe not enough TIM? A D15 should be fine on that CPU. Same with any other cooler mentioned so far in this thread.

Despite its lower performance, I am using le grand macho RT right now actually. It looks way better than dual tower coolers, but that's just my opinion.

I wonder how much heat your cpu produces when testing TS140P and LGMRT. Maybe LGMRT handles high heat load better? 

My CPU produces 165~180w under full load.

Nonetheless, both Thermalright coolers look really good, but I wish their performances were better 😞

Edit: I accidentally scratched the fin stack of TS140P, I am going to cry in the corner right now.

Edit 2: grammar, I was sleepy when typing this reply

Seasonic PX-1000

Lian-Li Lancool II Mesh 

2 minutes ago, Algebruh said:

Despite the lower performance, I am using le grand macho RT right now actually. It is looks way better than dual tower coolers, but that just my opinion.

I wander how much heat your cpu produces when testing TS140P and LGMRT. Maybe LGMRT handles high heat load better? 

My CPU produces 165~180w under full load.

Nonetheless, both Thermalright coolers look really good, but I wish their performances were better 😞

I cant comment on my AMD, its just a light weight. CPU I tested at the time was Xeon X5690 @ 4400. Not sure of TDP but was pulling closer to 350+ from the wall testing the CPU with IBT. I no longer have my D14 as I helped a friend out who was in need. But I do still have my hardware.. not that it matters 😄

I also agree LGMRT does look better 😄

To be fair, both of my coolers have a hard time with manual clocks on my last couple of CPUs, its the core density I think. So much action packed into a little spot.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 EVO, 1x T30

Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14

Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3060/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X, SN770

Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact RGB, Many CFM's

13 hours ago, Algebruh said:

I own one actually. I just need an excuse to buy a new heatsink haha.

I was bothered by the noise from A15, maybe I should just change the fans instead of whole cooler. 😑

Maybe it’s time to go to the dark side. 
try an aio

I just ordered one of these last night: IceGiant - CPU Cooling Technology & Innovation
Socket 1200 is supported and I believe Linus has done a review of it.

EDIT: He did.
Water Cooling Performance for Half the Price - YouTube

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

D15 id a gold standard,after it,Cryorig R1 Ultimate and BeQuiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro are top 3 best air coolers.

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.

4 hours ago, Beerzerker said:

I just ordered one of these last night: IceGiant - CPU Cooling Technology & Innovation
Socket 1200 is supported and I believe Linus has done a review of it.

EDIT: He did.
Water Cooling Performance for Half the Price - YouTube

Noooo... those ice giants are not good as d15. Afaik their final product is different from the prototype that linus reviewed.

• CPU
    9900KS @ 5.0 avx offset 0/ cache 4.7/ @1.33v
  • Motherboard
    asus strix ROG z390-i
  • RAM
    8gb x2 G.skill ddr 4 3600 (OCed to 4000 17-19-19-39 @1.4v)
  • GPU
    Asus Strix OC RTX 3080 10GB  
  • Case
    Corsair 280x Crystal
  • Storage
    1tb Samsung SSD + 2x (512gb Samsung) SSD
  • PSU
    Seasonic GM 650 650Watt Gold (semi-modular)
  • Display(s)
    LG34gk950g
  • Cooling
    H115i platinum/ 2x NF-A14 (GPU intake)/ 2xNFA14 (H115i radiator exhaust fan) 2x Corsair ML PRO 140(front intake) / 1x NF-A8 (exhaust)/ 2 x Corsair LL 120 (GPU deshroud fans)
  • Keyboard
    Corsair K70 LUX MX RED/ Microsoft Designer Keyboard Bluetooth
  • Mouse
    Corsair Harpoon RGB
  • Sound
    Audioengine A2+/ Audioengine d1 dac/ B&O h6