3900X heating up to 95 C in stress test,normal?

1 minute ago, frozensun said:

The radiator is moounted at the top.

I can install additional fans at the bottom as intake but I only have one fan as exhaust.

The radiator is mounted at the top as intake? There might be issue with it fighting the graphics card fans since they are probably pointing against each other. What graphics card do you have currently?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 minutes ago, For Science! said:

Airflow issues are easy to test, just remove the side panel and as panels as possible (I know removing the front panel is a challenge for you, but you should try again) and is the thermals improve, hen his is indicative of poor airflow in the case.

Which I can solve with adding additional fans,right?

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.

2 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

The radiator is mounted at the top as intake? There might be issue with it fighting the graphics card fans since they are probably pointing against each other. What graphics card do you have currently?

I can see corsair logos on fans which means that the fans on rad are installed as exhaust.

GPU is not an issue it's low TDP 1660 Ti.

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Gosh,you will make me contact TT telling them:Hey you know what TT you have prettty bad airflow in your 500 eur PC case... 😛

why the core voltage is lower at 100% usage of cpu?

is that normal?

I accept all the advices on how to resolve this?Thank you.

Screen Shot 03-08-21 at 09.27 PM.PNG

6 minutes ago, frozensun said:

Gosh,you will make me contact TT telling them:Hey you know what TT you have prettty bad airflow in your 500 eur PC case... 😛

is that normal?

Screen Shot 03-08-21 at 09.27 PM.PNG

Price does not equal performance or quality, you’d have be really special to think that the most expensive product is by default the best. Yes Vdroop will mean that the load voltage may be lower, this is normal, although could be adjust with LLC. 

As far as additional fans go, yes and no, you’re only applying a bandaid to a very large cut. For a build like yours there was absolutely no need or advantage on spending money on such a case.

Since the case is open and I have these temps while the case open,hell I can put like 3x200mm fans at the front I'd still hit 85-87 C since the case is opened.

Do you see additional fans in his built?I wonder what airflow does he have since his case is full of pumps,rads,reservoirs..probably worrse then my case,my case is bare empty.

7 minutes ago, For Science! said:

Price does not equal performance or quality, you’d have be really special to think that the most expensive product is by default the best. Yes Vdroop will mean that the load voltage may be lower, this is normal, although could be adjust with LLC. 

As far as additional fans go, yes and no, you’re only applying a bandaid to a very large cut. For a build like yours there was absolutely no need or advantage on spending money on such a case.

why can't I reach more then 3.9 GHz on all cores,my friend?

This CPu should boost to 4.2 GHz on all cores, right?

Since these fans are very good quality I will take off the front glass tommorrow and do the tests with it removed.

If I get lower temps significaly which I doubt I will never come here and ask for help..

I doubt it's the front glass issue...but we will see.

1 minute ago, frozensun said:

why can't I reach more then 3.9 GHz on all cores,my friend?

This CPu should boost to 4.2 GHz on all cores, right?

Thermals, and the fact that you aren’t OCing manually. With regards to your post above, you just don’t understand watercooling enough so I am going to just say don’t bother comparing your build with a custom liquid cooled build.

1 minute ago, For Science! said:

Thermals, and the fact that you aren’t OCing manually. With regards to your post above, you just don’t understand watercooling enough so I am going to just say don’t bother comparing your build with a custom liquid cooled build.

Lool,but we both are on liquid cooling,right?

Just he uses 360 mm rad,but take in mind that his front fans are useless there since they blow the air on all those components inside built including pipes,reserrvoirs..etc...

Does he cool on liquid N2 in reservoirs? 

7 minutes ago, For Science! said:

https://www.cpu-monkey.com/en/cpu-amd_ryzen_9_3900x-931

It says and I quote:"turbo boost to 4.2 GHz"

I suppose automatically or I'm missing something.

This is interesting thread,so after all voltage is too high,that is the issue,not the blame on PC case

Ok same board,same CPU same even AIO,I'll watch this and hope conclude what this Sir is telling us.

Sorry guys for me beeing stubborn and unresponsive.

I know there are quite good people here who are very good in all this.

So I pictured the BIOS settings for you,I haven't touched anything in it,as you can see all is set to Auto.

I only enabled DOCP.

The problem with me,is different people give different opinions wihich confuses me,and then I don't know whom to trust which makes me frustrated because of my BPD.

I have up on taking aparat front panel because when I pushed these clips,I noticed those are really easy to break and I don't want to risk.

IMG_20210309_075849.jpg

IMG_20210309_080018.jpg

I must admit I did some error few months ago,I can write you,so you tell me could that be a reason why CPU overheats.

Easy to break these...

IMG_20210309_074747.jpg

here are the settings that jayz2cent put.

Is this safe for me to try?

jayz2cent.jpg

I've dropped CPU Core Voltage to 1.3 V and then went to Prime95 smallest FFT/small FFT temp in a minute hits 92 C and increases.

Wtf is wrong with my PC?

Guys please help.

Its one of a few things that could be wrong.

1 - Poor Air Flow.

2 - Thermal Paste needs to be re applied.

3 - Board Mis reporting temperature.

4 - CPU Could be faulty.

And what u could also try is a different cooling device.  Buy a cheap CPU Fan that will do the job and see if it fixes the issues, here's one i recommend.....

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Noctua-NH-U9S-Premium-Cooler-NF-A9/dp/B00TBHYYFK/ref=sr_1_27?dchild=1&keywords=AM4+CPU+Fan&qid=1615334685&sr=8-27

I have this CPU fan as a standby backup fan incase my AIO conks out.

MAIN PC (Beast) - Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VII WIFI  with BIOS 4703, AMD Ryzen R9 3900XT + Corsair H115i Pro RGB XT Cooling, 32GB G.Skill 3200Mhz 16,18,18,38 1.35v DDR4, Inno3d HerculeZ Design Nvidia GTX 1080 X2 8GB GDDR5,  1 x Samsung U28E590D & 1 x Samsung U32J59XUQ 3840 x 2160 4K, 1 x Samsung Evo 970 Evo Plus NVME PCI-E 1TB, 1 x Samsung Evo 850 250GB, 1 X Sandisk Ultra II SSD 240GB + 2 X 3TB Seagate Barracuda SATA III, 1 x LG BH16NS40 16x BR\DVDRW, ICYBOX IB3740-C31 & ICYBOX IB3640-03,  MZHOU 7 Ports PCIe USB 3.0 Card, 1 x XIAOLO 2.5G Intel I225V Ethernet Card, 2 x UGREEN Hard Drive Enclosure 3.5 inch External SATA Disk Caddy Reader USB 3.0 2.5 3.5 HDD SSD 16TB UASP Case Dock Station With 12V 2A Power Adapter For Windows with 6TB Seagate Barracuda SATA III, Corsair Obsidian 750D Wind Force Edition Case + 5 Corsair ML140 140mm Case Fans, EVGA 750 g3 750w Gold 80+ PSU, Logitech MX Vertical Mouse, Logitech MX Vertical & MX Ergo Trackball Mouse using same USB unifying device, Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard, Windows 11 Pro x64 Retail, Synology ds215j NAS + 1x3TB WD Reds connected to a 6TB Seagate USB 3.0 Backup Plus Hub, Blue Yeti Microphone, Logitech C922 Pro HD,  Logitech C920 Pro HD, Bit Defender Total Security 2021.

Second PC (Cyclops) - MSI 990FXA Gaming, AMD FX 8370 4Ghz, Corsair 16GB Vengeance Red 9-9-9-24 1600Mhz, Arctic Cooling Freezer 13, Asus Strix 1050TI 4GB, 1 X Acer 27" Full HD Monitor, 1 X Sandisk Ultra II SSD 240GB, 1 x Samsung Evo 850 250GB, 2 X Seagate Barracuda 2TB, 1 X WD Black 2TB, 1 x ASUS 16x DVDRW, X-Case Eagle III Case, 3 X Corsair AF 120 Case Fans, EVGA 850 G2 80+ Gold + PSU, Logitech MX Master Mouse, Corsair K30 Keyboard, Logitech C920 Webcam, R0DE NT1-A Microphone, Scarlet 212 Audio Interface (Revision 2), Windows 10 Pro X64 Retail, Bit Defender Total Security 2021, 2TB Seagate Expansion USB Hard Drive.

Third PC (Old Trustie) - Acer Aspire M3400, OEM Mainboard, AMD FX Athlon II X3 425 2.7Ghz, 16GB Corsair Value 1600Mhz Ram, OEM CPU Cooler, AMD R7 260 2GB GPU, 1 X Acer 27" Full HD Monitor, 1 X Sandisk Ultra II SSD 240GB, 2TB Samsung SATA III, 1 X OEM 16X DVDRW, 1 X Acer OEM Case, 1 X Corsair AF120 Case Can, Corsair CX500 Bronze+ CPU, Logitech MX Master Mouse, Corsair K30 Keyboard, Windows 10 Home X64 OEM, Logitech C920 Webcam, Bit Defender Total Security 2021.

Printers Include - Canon MG5750, Canon, IP8750,  Canon Pixma Mega tank G5050 & 2 X Samsung Xpress C410W.

1 X Zexrow Xbox360 Wired Game Controller.

TP Link Archer AX6000 Cable Router Wifi6 with a Virgin Media Hub 4.0 in Modem only mode running 1GB Fibre internet.

Samsung Galaxy S21+ 256GB Mobile Phone.

Internet Speed.....

https://www.speedtest.net/result/9935039193

On 3/8/2021 at 12:23 PM, frozensun said:

is that normal?

Yes it's normal. 

The v-core means nothing to you. Too much looking at it. 

The FIT threshold is measured in current (Amps or total wattage) 

EDC

TDC

PPT

Are all functions of restriction. 

To find out your Fitness voltage - 

PBO on Everything else is auto. Run prime95 128k FFT, in-place unchecked and watch the SVI2 TFN (v-core) sensor. That will be your fitness voltage.

You should stay at this v-core for manual overclocking to help prevent degradation of the processor.

Water Loop 101. Big Chip, Big cooling. Doesn't matter what generation or platform. Full copper waterblock, copper rads, variable speed pump.... Yeah. 

3900X = 216w thermal dissipation at base frequency full load. Higher when boosting ^^ Yes, expect near throttle temps on Full loads with sub par cooling.

216w is about 720 btu/hr. That's your dissipation rate at base frequency full load. 

So TLDR, build a custom loop. It will carry far into the future, all water block manufacturers are known to update mounting hardware for new platforms.

9 hours ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Yes it's normal. 

The v-core means nothing to you. Too much looking at it. 

The FIT threshold is measured in current (Amps or total wattage) 

EDC

TDC

PPT

Are all functions of restriction. 

To find out your Fitness voltage - 

PBO on Everything else is auto. Run prime95 128k FFT, in-place unchecked and watch the SVI2 TFN (v-core) sensor. That will be your fitness voltage.

You should stay at this v-core for manual overclocking to help prevent degradation of the processor.

Water Loop 101. Big Chip, Big cooling. Doesn't matter what generation or platform. Full copper waterblock, copper rads, variable speed pump.... Yeah. 

3900X = 216w thermal dissipation at base frequency full load. Higher when boosting ^^ Yes, expect near throttle temps on Full loads with sub par cooling.

216w is about 720 btu/hr. That's your dissipation rate at base frequency full load. 

So TLDR, build a custom loop. It will carry far into the future, all water block manufacturers are known to update mounting hardware for new platforms.

Oh okay.

But is it normal that my 3900X reaches 94 C in a minute in Prime95 with small/smallest FFT?

If that is not normal then something with cooling is not okay.

I wrote on other forum that,and guys told me that's not normal in such small period that CPu reaches 95 C,and I quote :"looks like pump is not working okay,maybe I should replace thermal paste,and reseat cooler".

I checked the pump and I don't see anything loose on it.

So what should I do?

I have spare MX-4 paste which I can apply after cleaning the old paste.

But what if it's not the paste issue?

What if it's smething with a pump or MoBo.

Maybe I need to flash the latest BIOS who knows, it can be anything...

Hey guys

I'm having the same issues like 

though my temp rises in Prime 95 small/smallest FFT in a matter of minute or two to 95 C.

First I had all setings to auto and then I was told to put manual CPU core voltage to 1.3 which I did but board again gives CPU voltage above 1.4 (I see some cores get around 1.47V)

So I don't know what to do?

PBO is enabled.

Should I try this "custom" power plan from 1usmus and if yes should I switch CPU voltage to AUTO?

Should I try all the preparations before applying this power plan?

I did some rendering video from 4k to 720p and temp hit max 76 C which I suppose is okay.

I haven't updated BIOS,still on stock when board was purchased,nor I messed in BIOS except enabling DOCP.

Need your help on what to do?

Maybe after all the immediate increase in Prime95 is normal,but now because of my anxiety I suspect even that pump is malfunctioning.

Temp of AIO liquid is 32 C ambient 22 C.

All tests were done while case was opened.

I'm also affraid of updating BIOS since I never done that,PC works quite normal in normal tasks so I'm affraid that after updating BIOS I'l mess up even that since I'm having RAM which is not in QVL list with board.

11 minutes ago, frozensun said:

Hey guys

I'm having the same issues like 

though my temp rises in Prime 95 small/smallest FFT in a matter of minute or two to 95 C.

First I had all setings to auto and then I was told to put manual CPU core voltage to 1.3 which I did but board again gives CPU voltage above 1.4 (I see some cores get around 1.47V)

So I don't know what to do?

PBO is enabled.

Should I try this "custom" power plan from 1usmus and if yes should I switch CPU voltage to AUTO?

Should I try all the preparations before applying this power plan?

I did some rendering video from 4k to 720p and temp hit max 76 C which I suppose is okay.

I haven't updated BIOS,still on stock when board was purchased,nor I messed in BIOS except enabling DOCP.

Need your help on what to do?

Maybe after all the immediate increase in Prime95 is normal,but now because of my anxiety I suspect even that pump is malfunctioning.

Temp of AIO liquid is 32 C ambient 22 C.

All tests were done while case was opened.

I'm also affraid of updating BIOS since I never done that,PC works quite normal in normal tasks so I'm affraid that after updating BIOS I'l mess up even that since I'm having RAM which is not in QVL list with board.

1. Make sure the pump is running at max RMP, so no PWM, not fan curve etc.

2. Disable DOCP (you are currently overclocking your processor), you want to have XMP or A-XMP on but without DOCP.

You could try manually setting the voltage using Ryzen Master. 1.4V+ is very high which is probably why you're seeing these temperatures. It does depend on your motherboard whether you can or not so download it and if it works great, but if not then you could try setting a voltage offset in the BIOS instead of locked 1.3V.

The more I learn, the more I realise I don't actually know anything. 

Recommendations: Lian Li 205m (sleek, pretty decent airflow for a non-mesh front panel and cheap), i5-10400f (Ryzen 5 3600 performance, 20% cheaper), Arctic P14 PWM fans, Logitech g305.

3 minutes ago, Applefreak said:

1. Make sure the pump is running at max RMP, so no PWM, not fan curve etc.

2. Disable DOCP (you are currently overclocking your processor), you want to have XMP or A-XMP on but without DOCP.

Hmm isn't the DOCP only for memory OC?DOCP is same as XMP on Intel.

My PBO is enabled.

Pump is running in balanced mode since in Extreme mode (fans) are very loud.