3900X heating up to 95 C in stress test,normal?

Linpack Xtreme 1.15 is a gooder too, its what I use over IBT now.

AMD R9 5900X | Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 EVO, T30,TL-C12 Pro
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 4x8GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14 1.5v
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1496 | WD SN850, SN850X, SN770
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact RGB, Many CFM's

On 3/11/2021 at 9:41 PM, freeagent said:

Did you apply the paste or is that the stock stuff? I see a 10c difference between ccd1+2.. not sure if that's normal but.. maybe check your mount and reapply? Either way, that Corsair is no better than an upper mid range cooler. That's a serious CPU. To throw a bargain bin cooler like a piece of junk Arctic Freezer 34 is a complete joke and not something I would consider myself... A CPU like that demands the best.. I'm not saying get a D15, but get something that can handle a couple of hundred watts with ease and don't be afraid to move a little air around. Maybe reset the bios back to stock and just apply your memory settings and see what it does..

Its stock paste that came with aio.

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.

Guys so now I don't know if I should replace the paste or not,I'm still in a doubt?

It's not problem to replace paste,problem for me,I know how much pain in the ass gave me H100i to hook it up on those plastic clipses on socket.When I attach one side,other side falls off.

If I'll get 2-3 degrees lower temps then simply is not worth it the job to do.
I use this PC mainly for 1-2 games nothing else,no rendering yet,light video encoding,audio encoding.

I let it now on voltage mode MANUAL and input 1.3 V.

All settings are on AUTO except enabled DOCP.

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

I don't get this.

I left voltage on manual with 1.35 V but as you can see board simply doesn't limit voltage to 1.3 V.

These are numbers immediately after boot up.

Wtf is happening?

Why do I get thesse high voltage values if I limit voltage to 1.3 V in BIOS.

And now when rendering voltage drops to 1.288 V.

Is that normal to you,that lower voltage is inder load and higher in idle,to me is not normal at all.

If I am misuderstanding how this all works please someone to explain me.

Screen Shot 03-13-21 at 09.02 AM.PNG

Screen Shot 03-13-21 at 09.01 AM.PNG

Screen Shot 03-13-21 at 09.07 AM.PNG

Now I see it's not normal for me,I see this guy gets 75 C in R20 with stock cooler,my AIO should be better then stock but I get higher temps then his CPU.

3 hours ago, frozensun said:

Now I see it's not normal for me,I see this guy gets 75 C in R20 with stock cooler,my AIO should be better then stock but I get higher temps then his CPU.

Are your temps based off of R20 or P95?

33 minutes ago, gloop said:

Are your temps based off of R20 or P95?

R23.

In prime95 goes all the way to 95 C.

please don't take this the wrong way, but after wasting too much time reading this thread it seems you are spending a lot of time typing and thinking, and not much time actually doing anything. It sounds like you are very unfamiliar with working on PC's in general. Have you confirmed what RPM your pump is running? What is controlling it, any programs? 

Most importantly i'd suggest you need to repaste your coldplate and see what difference, if any, it makes. Being unwilling to do something out of fear for what might happen, or because of being unsure in general, is not the right attitude to have if you are building your own PC and expecting to be able to effectively troubleshoot. 

best of luck

additionally, as i have told other people, I don't personally understand the concept of being so preoccupied with prime95. so your CPU gets insanely hot while running the program. Is that part of your everyday workflow? I highly doubt it.   When I try to sprint (run really fast), my feet hurt bad. I don't spend a bunch of time worrying about why my feet hurt when I sprint. Instead, I just don't sprint, because I don't need to. When I walk around normally, my feet don't hurt.   Does that make sense?

6 hours ago, frozensun said:

I don't get this.

I left voltage on manual with 1.35 V but as you can see board simply doesn't limit voltage to 1.3 V.

These are numbers immediately after boot up.

Wtf is happening?

Why do I get thesse high voltage values if I limit voltage to 1.3 V in BIOS.

And now when rendering voltage drops to 1.288 V.

Is that normal to you,that lower voltage is inder load and higher in idle,to me is not normal at all.

If I am misuderstanding how this all works please someone to explain me.

Screen Shot 03-13-21 at 09.02 AM.PNG

Screen Shot 03-13-21 at 09.01 AM.PNG

Screen Shot 03-13-21 at 09.07 AM.PNG

again voltage VID is not your real voltage, taht is what to cpu requets, but the 1.3V core voltage is what it avctually gets

QUOTE ME  FOR ANSWER.

Main PC:

Spoiler

|Ryzen 7 3700x, OC to 4.2ghz @1.3V, 67C, or 4.4ghz @1.456V, 87C || Asus strix 5700 XT, +50 core, +50 memory, +50 power (not a great overclocker) || Asus Strix b550-A || G.skill trident Z Neo rgb 32gb 3600mhz cl16-19-19-19-39, oc to 3733mhz with the same timings || Cooler Master ml360 RGB AIO || Phanteks P500A Digital || Thermaltake ToughPower grand RGB750w 80+gold || Samsung 850 250gb and Adata SX 6000 Lite 500gb || Toshiba 5400rpm 1tb || Asus Rog Theta 7.1 || Asus Rog claymore || Asus Gladius 2 origin gaming mouse || Monitor 1 Asus 1080p 144hz || Monitor 2 AOC 1080p 75hz || 

Test Rig.

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 3400G || Gigabyte b450 S2H || Hyper X fury 2x4gb 2666mhz cl 16 ||Stock cooler || Antec NX100 || Silverstone essential 400w || Transgend SSD 220s 480gb ||

Just Sold

Spoiler

| i3 9100F || Msi Gaming X gtx 1050 TI || MSI Z390 A-Pro || Kingston 1x16gb 2400mhz cl17 || Stock cooler || Kolink Horizon RGB || Corsair CV 550w || Pny CS900 120gb ||

Tier lists for building a PC.

Motherboard tier list. Tier A for overclocking 5950x. Tier B for overclocking 5900x, Tier C for overclocking 5800X. Tier D for overclocking 5600X. Tier F for 4/6 core Cpus at stock. Tier E avoid.

(Also case airflow matter or if you are using Downcraft air cooler)

Spoiler

Gpu tier list. Rtx 3000 and RX 6000 not included since not so many reviews. Tier S for Water cooling. Tier A and B for overcloking. Tier C stock and Tier D avoid.

( You can overclock Tier C just fine, but it can get very loud, that is why it is not recommended for overclocking, same with tier D)

Spoiler

Psu tier List. Tier A for Rtx 3000, Vega and RX 6000. Tier B For anything else. Tier C cheap/IGPU. Tier D and E avoid.

(RTX 3000/ RX 6000 Might run just fine with higher wattage tier B unit, Rtx 3070 runs fine with tier B units)

Spoiler

Cpu cooler tier list. Tier 1&2 for power hungry Cpus with Overclock. Tier 3&4 for overclocking Ryzen 3,5,7 or lower power Intel Cpus. Tier 5 for overclocking low end Cpus or 4/6 core Ryzen. Tier 6&7 for stock. Tier 8&9 Ryzen stock cooler performance. Do not waste your money!

Spoiler

Storage tier List. Tier A for Moving files/  OS. Tier B for OS/Games. Tier C for games. Tier D budget Pcs. Tier E if on sale not the worst but not good.

(With a grain of salt, I use tier C for OS myself)

Spoiler

Case Tier List. Work In Progress. Most Phanteks airflow series cases already done!

Ask me anything :)

I don't get this...I set Vcore voltage to manual (1.2V) but HWinfo keeps reporting this...

why do the cores get 1.47 V if I switched it to manual ?

Screen Shot 03-14-21 at 10.00 AM.PNG

You need to change the per ccx core vid, and then set the over ride to match it.

Just now, freeagent said:

You need to change the per ccx core vid, and then set the over ride to match it.

How do I do that,please help? 😕

6 minutes ago, frozensun said:

How do I do that,please help? 😕

Follow my screens.. of course mine are blank as it’s pretty much @ stock.

ED7A324F-A101-4240-917B-9AC4B44EE83A.jpeg

BBF57D51-9A02-42FF-BAD9-10BEFCBDBD83.jpeg

90F43DDA-9047-4A5C-9A47-6CB6BD670661.jpeg

14 minutes ago, freeagent said:

Follow my screens.. of course mine are blank as it’s pretty much @ stock.

ED7A324F-A101-4240-917B-9AC4B44EE83A.jpeg

BBF57D51-9A02-42FF-BAD9-10BEFCBDBD83.jpeg

90F43DDA-9047-4A5C-9A47-6CB6BD670661.jpeg

Hmm I don't get it,set it to auto?

But it is arealdy on auto except core voltage which is on MANUAL.

Everything other is on AUTO.

22 hours ago, SavageNeo said:

again voltage VID is not your real voltage, taht is what to cpu requets, but the 1.3V core voltage is what it avctually gets

OOOOOOooooh sorry,I missed this reply....

Great then.so these values are irrelevant.

Damn I need some ASUS BIOS x570 user guide and HWinfo user guide about all this.

How did you know that? 🙂

Just now, frozensun said:

Great then.so these values are irrelevant.

mostly

Just now, frozensun said:

How did you know that?

google and own experience

QUOTE ME  FOR ANSWER.

Main PC:

Spoiler

|Ryzen 7 3700x, OC to 4.2ghz @1.3V, 67C, or 4.4ghz @1.456V, 87C || Asus strix 5700 XT, +50 core, +50 memory, +50 power (not a great overclocker) || Asus Strix b550-A || G.skill trident Z Neo rgb 32gb 3600mhz cl16-19-19-19-39, oc to 3733mhz with the same timings || Cooler Master ml360 RGB AIO || Phanteks P500A Digital || Thermaltake ToughPower grand RGB750w 80+gold || Samsung 850 250gb and Adata SX 6000 Lite 500gb || Toshiba 5400rpm 1tb || Asus Rog Theta 7.1 || Asus Rog claymore || Asus Gladius 2 origin gaming mouse || Monitor 1 Asus 1080p 144hz || Monitor 2 AOC 1080p 75hz || 

Test Rig.

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 3400G || Gigabyte b450 S2H || Hyper X fury 2x4gb 2666mhz cl 16 ||Stock cooler || Antec NX100 || Silverstone essential 400w || Transgend SSD 220s 480gb ||

Just Sold

Spoiler

| i3 9100F || Msi Gaming X gtx 1050 TI || MSI Z390 A-Pro || Kingston 1x16gb 2400mhz cl17 || Stock cooler || Kolink Horizon RGB || Corsair CV 550w || Pny CS900 120gb ||

Motherboard tier list. Tier A for overclocking 5950x. Tier B for overclocking 5900x, Tier C for overclocking 5800X. Tier D for overclocking 5600X. Tier F for 4/6 core Cpus at stock. Tier E avoid.

Spoiler

Gpu tier list. Rtx 3000 and RX 6000 not included since not so many reviews. Tier S for Water cooling. Tier A and B for overcloking. Tier C stock and Tier D avoid.

( You can overclock Tier C just fine, but it can get very loud, that is why it is not recommended for overclocking, same with tier D)

Spoiler

Psu tier List. Tier A for Rtx 3000, Vega and RX 6000. Tier B For anything else. Tier C cheap/IGPU. Tier D and E avoid.

(RTX 3000/ RX 6000 Might run just fine with higher wattage tier B unit, Rtx 3070 runs fine with tier B units)

Spoiler

Cpu cooler tier list. Tier 1&2 for power hungry Cpus with Overclock. Tier 3&4 for overclocking Ryzen 3,5,7 or lower power Intel Cpus. Tier 5 for overclocking low end Cpus or 4/6 core Ryzen. Tier 6&7 for stock. Tier 8&9 Ryzen stock cooler performance. Do not waste your money!

Spoiler

Storage tier List. Tier A for Moving files/  OS. Tier B for OS/Games. Tier C for games. Tier D budget Pcs. Tier E if on sale not the worst but not good.

Spoiler

Case Tier List. Work In Progress. Most Phanteks airflow series cases already done!

Hmm I don't get it,set it to auto?

But it is arealdy on auto except core voltage which is on MANUAL.

Everything other is on AUTO.

No.. You set it to the voltage you want.. 1.2v or whatever the value is. I feel my knowledge isn't quite up to helpful level yet, so I will retreat for now.

3 minutes ago, SavageNeo said:

mostly

google and own experience

yeah but look at maximum voltage reportings of high as 1.488 V.

So again,if I set voltage to manual,why does it hit 1.481 V?

2 minutes ago, freeagent said:

No.. You set it to the voltage you want.. 1.2v or whatever the value is. I feel my knowledge isn't quite up to helpful level yet, so I will retreat for now.

No,no need to feel like that.

I assume it is because I'm not listening to you.

All these things confuses me a lot,sorry bro really.

What is Core vid anyway?

2 minutes ago, frozensun said:

look at core voltage. not the vid

QUOTE ME  FOR ANSWER.

Main PC:

Spoiler

Test Rig.

Spoiler

Just Sold

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

46 minutes ago, frozensun said:

Single core boost clocks. 

Also known as XFR (Extended Frequency Range)

High voltage is not high current. 

CPU on auto still runs within it's EDC (electrical design current) 

Which is measured in AMPs not voltage. 

The VID listings you can ignore when they differ from a manually input v-core voltage.

When manually adjusting v-core, the system will ignore the VID (processor request voltage)

And will also prevent in XFR from being enabled. 

Please tell me you are taking all this in so we don't have to repeat it over and over lol.

I have a 3900x too. At first it was getting over 95C too, but that was mainly because of the stupid thermal pad I was testing out. When I replaced it with Thermal Grizzly it never get above 87.5C. Ambient temperature is also a factor, my machine peaked at 80C during the Winter.

4 minutes ago, lansing said:

I have a 3900x too. At first it was getting over 95C too, but that was mainly because of the stupid thermal pad I was testing out. When I replaced it with Thermal Grizzly it never get above 87.5C. Ambient temperature is also a factor, my machine peaked at 80C during the Winter.

Can u do prime 95 smallest FFT for 15 minutes and report  highest temp,here?

24 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Single core boost clocks. 

Also known as XFR (Extended Frequency Range)

High voltage is not high current. 

CPU on auto still runs within it's EDC (electrical design current) 

Which is measured in AMPs not voltage. 

The VID listings you can ignore when they differ from a manually input v-core voltage.

When manually adjusting v-core, the system will ignore the VID (processor request voltage)

And will also prevent in XFR from being enabled. 

Please tell me you are taking all this in so we don't have to repeat it over and over lol.

ohh okay.thank you for that detailed info.

ohh okay.thank you for that detailed info.

Cool cool. Glad you understand it better now.

So have you gotten your temps down a little bit yet?

You can try and disable some cores.

Lower the V-core.

Manually set the frequency to base clocks and voltage.

plenty you can do to lower temps. 

what have you tried so far dude?

If it were me I would study everything ShrimpBrime said and commit it to memory, and then use it in life practice 😄

Seriously, he is a wealth of knowledge that should not be dismissed.