3900X heating up to 95 C in stress test,normal?

Just now, freeagent said:

If it were me I would study everything ShrimpBrime said and commit it to memory, and then use it in life practice 😄

Seriously, he is a wealth of knowledge that should not be dismissed.

Oh stop. There's a lot of people out there with much more knowledge than myself. I just like to share it and help people!!! 🙂

8 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Cool cool. Glad you understand it better now.

So have you gotten your temps down a little bit yet?

You can try and disable some cores.

Lower the V-core.

Manually set the frequency to base clocks and voltage.

plenty you can do to lower temps. 

what have you tried so far dude?

Yes I did.

I did lower the v core all the way to 1.2V and ran R23,I think temp hit only 73 C...I can post all the values later if you want.

I haven't tested it with P95 since I don't care,it's a test 99 % will never use in normal circumstances.

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.

9 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Lower the V-core.

Yes I did.

I did lower the v core all the way to 1.2V and ran R23,I think temp hit only 73 C...I can post all the values later if you want.

I haven't tested it with P95 since I don't care,it's a test 99 % will never use in normal circumstances.

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

10 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Lower the V-core.

Yes I did.

10 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Lower the V-core.

Yes I did.

11 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Lower the V-core.

Yes I did.

Mod,sorry for reposts my laptop froze while posting..

25 minutes ago, frozensun said:

Can u do prime 95 smallest FFT for 15 minutes and report  highest temp,here?

The highest I saw was like 83.7C.

prime95.png

8 minutes ago, frozensun said:

Yes I did.

Mod,sorry for reposts my laptop froze while posting..

Well the lower v-core really did help.

Prime95 would be similar to looping Cinebench. They both use AVX.

A single Cinebench run is non conclusive of anything but a score at the end.

What about some heavy Triple A title gaming? How do the temps look?

Just now, lansing said:

The highest I saw was like 83.7C.

prime95.png

Ooh that is good for you.

What cooler you use?

Is your voltage set to AUTO or you put to manual?

1 minute ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Well the lower v-core really did help.

Prime95 would be similar to looping Cinebench. They both use AVX.

A single Cinebench run is non conclusive of anything but a score at the end.

What about some heavy Triple A title gaming? How do the temps look?

Nope.I ran R23 in a loop for 30 minutes.Hold on let me try to find screenshots I did yesterday.

Don't take me wrong,testing 12C/24T CPU in games is waste of time,as you probably know there is no single game that can use 12C/24T.

And I play games on my other rig which is good old 6700K with good GPU,I won't be using this rig for games,at least until games become more CPU bound.

Let me download screenshots plz.

1 minute ago, frozensun said:

Nope.I ran R23 in a loop for 30 minutes.Hold on let me try to find screenshots I did yesterday.

Don't take me wrong,testing 12C/24T CPU in games is waste of time,as you probably know there is no single game that can use 12C/24T.

And I play games on my other rig which is good old 6700K with good GPU,I won't be using this rig for games,at least until games become more CPU bound.

Let me download screenshots plz.

yeah sure ok. 

Not sure why you wouldn't game on it? 

It's not a workstation motherboard....

You have a gaming graphics card installed.....

what do you use all 24 threads for if you don't mind I ask that?

Okay,so these are results running R23 in a loop for 30 minutes,with opened case and voltage set to 1.2V manual.

Is this normal,and okay so far?

I'm keeping it with 1.2 V and that is it.

Don't care about OC it...

3.PNG

2.PNG

1.PNG

yeah sure ok. 

Not sure why you wouldn't game on it? 

It's not a workstation motherboard....

You have a gaming graphics card installed.....

what do you use all 24 threads for if you don't mind I ask that?

Well I planned to learned Premiere and After effects but my disease is progressing worse and stoping me from learning anything...

Besides I got this CPU back in 7/2020 for 300 euros (brand new,without warranty),but wth don't need warranty for CPU,I had RAM from before and I had to buy only the Mobo,but I bought most expensive one... 😕

3 minutes ago, frozensun said:

Ooh that is good for you.

What cooler you use?

Is your voltage set to AUTO or you put to manual?

I'm using Fractal Design Celsius S36. Everything is in auto. When you said that you got like 85C without the front panel, I think it's a reasonable temp for this cpu. The things you probably need are a better thermal paste and better airflow for your case.

Well I planned to learned Premiere and After effects but my disease is progressing worse and stoping me from learning anything...

Besides I got this CPU back in 7/2020 for 300 euros (brand new,without warranty),but wth don't need warranty for CPU,I had RAM from before and I had to buy only the Mobo,but I bought most expensive one... 😕

Well, you have this nice big thread to go back and refresh your memory. 🙂

You can learn Premiere, you can learn anything!!!

1 minute ago, lansing said:

I'm using Fractal Design Celsius S36. Everything is in auto. When you said that you got like 85C without the front panel, I think it's a reasonable temp for this cpu. The things you probably need are a better thermal paste and better airflow for your case.

Nope,on auto the temp was hitting as high as 95 C so I had to stop the test,but as jayz2cent said the board is giving too much of a voltage to CPU...so I had to switch it to manual.

I see now this is great cooler,360mm...I have MX-4 just to anxious to replace the paste since mounting back H100i is pain in the a..s

Well, you have this nice big thread to go back and refresh your memory. 🙂

You can learn Premiere, you can learn anything!!!

I'll write you p.m.

Did you take a look at the results,anythign unusual ?

I'll write you p.m.

Did you take a look at the results,anythign unusual ?

No, not really. 

I'm totally ignoring all the VID readings. 

The manual v-core 1.200v is pegged steady, and that's super good to see. Nice and stable.

I'd run with this honestly. 4ghz is fine. Won't go higher due to power restriction of lower v-core while PBO is disabled.

2 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

No, not really. 

I'm totally ignoring all the VID readings. 

The manual v-core 1.200v is pegged steady, and that's super good to see. Nice and stable.

I'd run with this honestly. 4ghz is fine. Won't go higher due to power restriction of lower v-core while PBO is disabled.

errrrr PBO is on AUTO I think,didn't mess with that one.

Just now, frozensun said:

errrrr PBO is on AUTO I think,didn't mess with that one.

It's disabled when Auto by default. You have to manually enable it.

3 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

It's disabled when Auto by default. You have to manually enable it.

You mean when I manually set the voltage,PBO got disabled?

2 minutes ago, frozensun said:

You mean when I manually set the voltage,PBO got disabled?

I mean PBO was never enabled. Even at defaults.