Hardware labs nemesis gtx series rads of all sizes

brownninja97

Well ok but it is really confusing at first glance though.

Or that I'm just showing my age. :P

Or that I'm just showing my age. :P

Yea or that.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

• 1 year later...

Re-necro-ing this necro post…?

I have been going round & round on a new build to replace this old MacBook. It will be a Hackintosh, but I am looking at making a decent little gaming rig for WoW, and general Internet surfing, movie watching, etc. …

I am now looking at, again, the Fractal Design Node 304.

When I came back around to the 304, I was all "let's just do a simple mid-range gaming rig, all air cooled, nothing fancy"…

Then I started looking at builds and seeing folks doing full water cooling loops in the 304. So my build changed, again.

Now, I want to do a few specific things & try to make it as clean & as simple & as straight-up bolt together as possible.

Finally, I will get to the point…! ;^p

The Hardware Labs Nemesis 140GTX radiator; Hardware Labs SAYS it can disperse up to 550w, I am looking at putting about 300w or so thru it. Thinking about the following for a build list:

Fractal Design Node 304 miniITX chassis (white)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Impact Z170 miniITX motherboard

Intel i7 6700K 4.0GHz Skylake CPU

32GB DDR4 RAM (two 16GB DIMMs)

Samsung 950 Pro 512GB SSD (M.2 format / PCIe 3.0 4x interface)

EVGA GeForce GTX970 FTW ACX 2.0 GPU (keeping it simple, lower power & cheap while I wait on the Pascal boards to work out their bugs)

Silverstone ST55F-G 550w ATX PSU

Custom length black sleeved cables from IceModz (one 24-pin motherboard, one 8-pin CPU, one 8-pin to dual 6-pin GPU, & one 4-pin Molex)

I will replace the two 92mm Fractal Design fans with two Noctua NF-B9 1600 PWM fans.

I will use two 2-way PWM splitters, one for each set of fans (radiator/exhaust & case/intake)

The pump/reservoir combo will be plugged into the Water Pump header on the motherboard (and into the single Molex cable from the PSU), the 2-way fan splitter from the radiator fans will be plugged into the CPU Fan header on the motherboard, & the 2-way splitter from the two front 92mm intake fans will be plugged into the Case Fan header on the motherboard.

This is assuming ASUS places a Water Pump header on the M8I motherboard, like they have their other new Z170-series ROG motherboards. If not, the pump/reservoir combo & the two Noctura 140mm fans on the radiator will be ganged on a 3-way splitter to the CPU Fan header on the motherboard.

The water cooling loop will be as follows:

Hardware Labs Nemesis 140GTX radiator

EK Monoblock for M8I motherboard (not a released product yet, but I am thinking maybe the current one they have for the M6I, which also works on the M7I, might also work on the forthcoming M8I)

EK full-cover block for GTX970

EK backplate for GTX970

EK Monarch X2 RAM block

EK Monarch RAM modules (x2)

EK XRES 140 Revo D5 PWN pump/reservoir combo

EK barb fittings

EK angled fittings as needed

EK 16mm tube clamps

EK ZMT matte black tubing (3/8" ID x 5/8" OD)

EK Ekoolant EVO clear premix coolant

Noctua NF-P14s 1500 PWM fan (x2)

Intake will be thru the front, as designed; exhaust thru the rear, also as designed. The radiator will be push/pull, and the case will exhaust thru it. I would think the case would draw air in thru the filtered vent on the GPU side as well.

All Noctua fans are the grayish/blackish models.

All EK blocks (Monoblock, GPU & RAM) will be Acetal & Nickel.

The only visible cooling fluid will be in the reservoir, which will be tightly tucked into the front corner, GPU side. Filling the reservoir will simply be a matter of removing the case housing & opening the fill port on the top of the reservoir.

I will place a splitter on the reservoir output; one part going to the RAM block, the other to a drain port mounted in the floor of the chassis. There will be a ball valve inline.

The loop path will be as follows:

Pump/Reservoir Combo > RAM block > Monoblock > GPU block > Radiator > Pump/Reservoir Combo

Everything will be very tight, but since I am using the M.2 SSD as my only drive, there will be no need for any of the drive bays, thereby opening up the limited airflow some.

I figure the budget on all the above, shoving all that gear into the (relatively) tiny Node 304, will be about US$2,750.00

Thoughts…? Actual end user insights on the 550w heat dispersion claims for the Nemesis 140GTX radiator…?

Thanks!

Wow askew was still a member that's nice.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Look at the date of his post.

The necroing level in this thread is over 9000.

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

Look at the date of his post.

The necroing level in this thread is over 9000.

I figured,I really miss his posts.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

dont remind me, ill get emotional again

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

dont remind me, ill get emotional again

Remember the WCCFT meme ? Yeah it's awesome af.

*evil laugh*

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

WAIC_075_2g.jpg

So we have all seen this rad, its a little baby 120mm, so cute and it fits in many cases.

In the words of slick however "NOOOOOooo, MANLIER"

gallery_16690_405_218335.jpg

WAIC_082_2g.jpg

And so we are done with the linus sized rad we move onto this monster, this is 480mm. Of course it comes in 240 and 360 configs if those are needed, remember this isnt AIO, this is for the custom guys.

WAIC_082_7g.jpg

I think they need a rad called the titan black.

http://www.techpowerup.com/199104/hardware-labs-nemesis-gtx-series-radiators-now-available.html

They can gimme 2x 80mm rads.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Re-necro-ing this necro post…?

seems fine more or less. im always againest custom loops but that is just me

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Remember the WCCFT meme ? Yeah it's awesome af.

*evil laugh*

those were the days, i should post news again. actually show the current posters how its done.

Listen if you care.

They can gimme 2x 80mm rads.

they might if you reduce the size of that quote

Listen if you care.

those were the days, i should post news again. actually show the current posters how its done.

Do it.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Running delta fans, yes.

It also has more FPI than "regular" radiators, so there's a good deal more surface area for cooling.

You can get away with a single 2150 Gentle Typhoon and keep them both under 70*C with a modest overclock on both.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Judging by the title, I thought it was going to be some type of entry-level water cooler for Nvidia's GPUs

This is still cool though.

[witty signature]

Do it.

now isnt the best time as i have three pieces of long ass courseworks to finish by monday but soon. I will rise again to show this world how prodigious my talent truely is. 

Listen if you care.

now isnt the best time as i have three pieces of long ass courseworks to finish by monday but soon. I will rise again to show this world how prodigious my talent truely is.

Just remember to tag me.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Please don't necro threads, especially in Tech News and Reviews.

HTTP/2 203