Does anybody know if the GTX series 10s on amazon for 80 bucks are fake or not?

KillTheRich420

Good morning, everybody!

As you probably understood from the title, I need a cheap graphics card to put in the office PC i got for free, thanks to my dad who works in an office. Now, I went to Amazon to try to find some deals, but I only found some pretty shady cards which COULD be real, but I think they're just too cheap to be real. Does anybody here know better?

If it seems to good to be true then it most likely isnt true.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

1 minute ago, KillTheRich420 said:

Good morning, everybody!

As you probably understood from the title, I need a cheap graphics card to put in the office PC i got for free, thanks to my dad who works in an office. Now, I went to Amazon to try to find some deals, but I only found some pretty shady cards which COULD be real, but I think they're just too cheap to be real. Does anybody here know better?

$80?

No, there are no gtx 10 series cards that price. Maybe a gt 1030 or gt 1010, but those aren't even gtx.

2 minutes ago, curiousmind34 said:

$80?

No, there are no gtx 10 series cards that price. Maybe a gt 1030 or gt 1010, but those aren't even gtx.

ya sorry i forgot to mention im italian so for me it's euros not dollars

anyway, i've seen em. they were there. they were gtx. im not joking. if they didn't randomly disappear from amazon, i'll send u the link

Probably fake, most sellers know better considering how even the GTX 10 series GPUs are worth almost what they sold for new, used cards are so expensive because of the mining boom.

9 minutes ago, curiousmind34 said:

$80?

https://www.amazon.it/Scheda-grafica-Lonsc-Desktop-Gtx1050ti/dp/B08WX7J6PQ/ref=sr_1_6?__mk_it_IT=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&crid=1TYF2NCNB98K4&dchild=1&keywords=scheda+video&qid=1614870128&sprefix=scheda%2Caps%2C199&sr=8-6

so, the card im talking about is this. i hope that the page automatically translates in ur language, but if not it's still clear that it says gtx 1050ti. is it fake, or is "Lonsc" just a very very cheap third party manufacturer?

7 minutes ago, KillTheRich420 said:

https://www.amazon.it/Scheda-grafica-Lonsc-Desktop-Gtx1050ti/dp/B08WX7J6PQ/ref=sr_1_6?__mk_it_IT=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&crid=1TYF2NCNB98K4&dchild=1&keywords=scheda+video&qid=1614870128&sprefix=scheda%2Caps%2C199&sr=8-6

so, the card im talking about is this. i hope that the page automatically translates in ur language, but if not it's still clear that it says gtx 1050ti. is it fake, or is "Lonsc" just a very very cheap third party manufacturer?

Hell ya thats a wish special DONT buy that

It will show up in device manager as a 'whatever they programmed it to say' but I tell you its FAR from it.

Thats a scam any card with a cooler that looks like it costs 10 cents to make is not somthing you want.

| If someones post is helpful or solves your problem please mark it as a solution 🙂 |

I am a human that makes mistakes! If I'm wrong please correct me and tell me where I made the mistake. I try my best to be helpful.

System Specs

<Ryzen 5 3600 3.5-4.2Ghz> <Noctua NH-U12S chromax.Black> <ZOTAC RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB> <16gb 3200Mhz Crucial CL16> <DarkFlash DLM21 Mesh> <650w Corsair RMx 2018 80+ Gold> <Samsung 970 EVO 500gb NVMe> <WD blue 500gb SSD> <MSI MAG b550m Mortar> <5 Noctua P12 case fans>

Peripherals

<Lepow Portable Monitor + AOC 144hz 1080p monitor> 

<Keymove Snowfox 61m>

<Razer Mini>

8 minutes ago, KillTheRich420 said:

There's a whole industry of these - they're old GTS 450s and similar with fake BIOSes to make them present to the OS as a 1050ti. Linus did a video on them a while back -

2 minutes ago, Grabhanem said:

There's a whole industry of these - they're old GTS 450s and similar with fake BIOSes to make them present to the OS as a 1050ti. Linus did a video on them a while back -

I do wonder how that bussiness is profitable? I would think anyone building pc's is tech savvy enough to know what a fake card looks like. If they where trying to sell them to people (AS a scam) they should at least make the coolers look legitimate. I just don't see who's buying these other than people on youtube telling you not to buy them.

(Yes I know not everyone is super tech savvy when they build a pc but I would think they would at least do some research)

| If someones post is helpful or solves your problem please mark it as a solution 🙂 |

I am a human that makes mistakes! If I'm wrong please correct me and tell me where I made the mistake. I try my best to be helpful.

System Specs

<Ryzen 5 3600 3.5-4.2Ghz> <Noctua NH-U12S chromax.Black> <ZOTAC RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB> <16gb 3200Mhz Crucial CL16> <DarkFlash DLM21 Mesh> <650w Corsair RMx 2018 80+ Gold> <Samsung 970 EVO 500gb NVMe> <WD blue 500gb SSD> <MSI MAG b550m Mortar> <5 Noctua P12 case fans>

Peripherals

<Lepow Portable Monitor + AOC 144hz 1080p monitor> 

<Keymove Snowfox 61m>

<Razer Mini>

4 minutes ago, SignatureSigner said:

I do wonder how that bussiness is profitable? I would think anyone building pc's is tech savvy enough to know what a fake card looks like. If they where trying to sell them to people (AS a scam) they should at least make the coolers look legitimate. I just don't see who's buying these other than people on youtube telling you not to buy them.

(Yes I know not everyone is super tech savvy when they build a pc but I would think they would at least do some research)

Heh.  The OP nearly bought it so clearly it’s fooling someone.  There was a time when a 1050ti might go for a price like that.  The 1050ti is quite old and has too little memory to mine on so prices could conceivably be low like that.  Doesn’t mean that one is real though.  One trick is to look at the i/o ports.  An old fake card will have the I/o ports that card came with.  Works as a negative marker but not a positive one because an older cards can still have the same ports as a newer card. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

15 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

Heh.  The OP nearly bought it so clearly it’s fooling someone.  There was a time when a 1050ti might go for a price like that.  The 1050ti is quite old and has too little memory to mine on so prices could conceivably be low like that.  Doesn’t mean that one is real though.  One trick is to look at the i/o ports.  An old fake card will have the I/o ports that card came with.  Works as a negative marker but not a positive one because an older cards can still have the same ports as a newer card. 

oh, and btw, i found this HD7670 for a fairly low price, do you think this one is real? https://www.amazon.it/Grafica-Display-processore-Componenti-Computer/dp/B08NCK9YJ6/ref=sr_1_50?__mk_it_IT=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&dchild=1&keywords=scheda+video&qid=1614927835&sr=8-50

It's super fake cause the io on the other 1050ti cards doesn't match with this one.

If my answer is correct or is helpful please mark it as the solution. Quote me in your post to summon me. Beware that after summoning me ill never leave. 

12 hours ago, KillTheRich420 said:

a) doesn't look real, no HD 7670 was ever produced with 4GB of RAM and there's no serial number or anything on the sticker like a normal card would have
b) the HD 7670 isn't even that good, and at least in the US, real HD 7670s are cheaper than the fake ones