Keyboard language switch issue... how do i remove the other languages?

matrixmodulator

Hello,

i have an issue i can't figure since a while now, it's really frustrating...

I removed the "alt+shift" shortcut to change the language of the keyboard but it still changes to another one from time to time, like at least 1 time a day.

There is only one language in the config panel, which is the one i want, but in the menu next to the bottom right clock it still shows 4 different ones and i don't see where i can remove them from there, why are they there ? 

Why the language changes by itself ? It was on the correct one, i went to eat and when i come back it's not the same...

I just want one (francais canada), i want all the others removed.

Thanks

May be an image of text that says 'FRA Français (Canada) Clavier Français (Canada) ENG Anglais (États-Unis) Clavier Anglais (États-Unis) FRA CAFR Français (France) Clavier Français (Canada) FRA FR Français (France) Clavier Français Préférences linguistiques'

May be an image of text that says 'Région et langue Pays ou région Windows et les applications peuvent utiliser votre pays ou votre région pour afficher du contenu local. Canada Lanques Langue d'affichage de Windows fonctionnalités indows,tellesquelt Windows, paramètres 'Explorateur affichent cette angue. Français (France) Langues préférées affio première Ajouter une langue Français (Canada) Module linguistique disponible Options Supprimer'

May be an image of text that says 'Français (Canada) Options linguistiques Télécharger un module linguistique Télécharger Vérification de 'orthographe Orthographe traditionnelle Écriture manuscrite II n'y a aucune option d écriture manuscrite pour cette langue Voix Claviers Ajouter un clavier Français (Canada) QWERTY'

2 hours ago, matrixmodulator said:

There is only one language in the config panel

464448722_nh.png.ce60f244def051d1276b829e35c7a168.png
So like this but only Francais Canada?

Big boi caveiat: Im not a native English user, i can totally bottled up the meaning of the words
A kid with a dream
thank you :D 

53 minutes ago, ProBottler said:

464448722_nh.png.ce60f244def051d1276b829e35c7a168.png
So like this but only Francais Canada?

yeah but i already have just Francais Canada in this window.

My problem is in the menu that opens when i click on the keyboard language near the clock.

It changed by itself again 2 times since i started this thread...

image.png.851f17b683ceb1e62acd2b6ddd66229d.png

Hey there.

19 hours ago, matrixmodulator said:

I removed the "alt+shift" shortcut to change the language of the keyboard but it still changes to another one from time to time, like at least 1 time a day.

There is only one language in the config panel, which is the one i want, but in the menu next to the bottom right clock it still shows 4 different ones and i don't see where i can remove them from there, why are they there ? 

I just want one (francais canada), i want all the others removed.

Uncertain whether this'll help, but I poked around in Windows Settings, came across this in Typing > Advanced Keyboard Settings:

Spoiler

unknown.png

Windows Settings - Typing > Advanced Keyboard Settings

unknown.png

Advanced Keyboard Settings - Input Language Hot Keys > Text Services and Input Languages

Would suggest changing/clearing the key sequences assigned to the unwanted languages in the "Hot Keys for Input Languages" section. Might help with disabling the Alt + Shift shortcut to switch between language inputs? (Er, unless this was the exact method you used to remove the Alt + Shift shortcut in the first place. :old-unsure:)

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

Keeb Weeb LinksCustom Mechanical Keyboards | #KeebWeebClub

'Chew Builds: Hoshī (PC) | Okashī (PC) | K-4398 (Keeb) | Eighty #391 (Keeb) | R2-968 (Keeb) | MGK64 (Keeb)

40 minutes ago, Eschew said:

Hey there.

Uncertain whether this'll help, but I poked around in Windows Settings, came across this in Typing > Advanced Keyboard Settings:

Hide contents

unknown.png

Windows Settings - Typing > Advanced Keyboard Settings

unknown.png

Advanced Keyboard Settings - Input Language Hot Keys > Text Services and Input Languages

Would suggest changing/clearing the key sequences assigned to the unwanted languages in the "Hot Keys for Input Languages" section. Might help with disabling the Alt + Shift shortcut to switch between language inputs? (Er, unless this was the exact method you used to remove the Alt + Shift shortcut in the first place. :old-unsure:)

Thats the same menus i'm already in.

I also already removed the shortcut, it still changes to english at least once a day.

😞

28 minutes ago, matrixmodulator said:

Thats the same menus i'm already in.

I also already removed the shortcut, it still changes to english at least once a day.

😞

M'kay, Plan B:

1. Control Panel > Clock and Region > Change Date, Time, or Number Formats.
    Spoiler

unknown.png

2. Check both boxes under "Copy your current settings to:" -- "Welcome screen and system accounts" and "New user accounts."
    Spoiler

unknown.png

3. Restart the PC when prompted to by Windows.
  4. Hopefully the issue is fixed? :old-unsure:

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

Keeb Weeb LinksCustom Mechanical Keyboards | #KeebWeebClub

'Chew Builds: Hoshī (PC) | Okashī (PC) | K-4398 (Keeb) | Eighty #391 (Keeb) | R2-968 (Keeb) | MGK64 (Keeb)

wow ok i rebooted (it didnt asked but my internet was laggy so i rebooted). Now the language bar near the hour in the bottom right corner has dissapeared and it seems to not change by itself, all seems good now, i hope so.

Thanks