16GB Team Group T-Force Dark Zα DDR4 3600 MHz

warhammer23

I was building a PC for a friend and he only wanted something stealthy and best bang for his buck. Found these T-Force Dark Zα 16GB 3600 MHz Cl18 kit. This series is available up to kits of 32 GB and 4000 MHz while having this ‘batarang’ design from its aluminium heatsinks. I like the all metal 0.8 mm thick aluminium heat spreaders with an aggressive design which is very reminiscent of Batman’s armour.

Gave them some tests in my A4 build and I must say they blend really well if you are after a non RGB build. 

Besides the stock X.M.P/D.O.C.P value of 3600 MHz for 1.35v @ CL18 settings I tired try to overclock them further to see how much free performance I can squeeze out of them. Also I am not an expert on memory OC'ing and mostly looking after quick/safer settings. This been said, I managed a stable 4000 MHz for the same exact D.O.C.P values of 1.35v and latencies. Then tried to take it to another level but anything above 4266 MHz even with 1.5v (VCCSA 1.35v and VCCIO to 1.3v) it became a bit of too on the limit and gave some hiccups with stability. 

In R15 got some weird ones, The ‘simple’ OC behaves unoptimized maybe due to the higher (tRC of 91 vs 82) when compared to the stock D.O.C.P profiles, if anybody has any ideas. Then In R20 things scale a bit better. Next with AIDA64, I didn't get any better results vs stock form while in Geekbench, I saw some closer results to R15. In the end I get a nice surprise in Valhalla when the game scaled pretty well with OC values.

All in all, they look like a sweet spot for realistic general needs and considering the asking price, you can’t go wrong here. They blend in any build (besides specific VLP necessity), they look great and they should offer some decent overclock headroom if you take your time with tweaking the sub-timings. 

Darkz_0.jpg

Darkz_6.jpg

Darkz_9.jpg

ltt_1.png

ltt_2.png

ltt_3.png

ltt_4.png

ltt_5.png

Darkz_12a.jpg

Darkz_14.jpg

Darkz_15.jpg

Darkz_18.jpg