What Type Of Lighting Do You Use?

Hey just interested to know what type of lighting people use in their homes?

I recently made the switch to entirely L.E.D lighting as the bulbs are at a great price to performance ratio now. I chose 5600k high CRI (apparently 80-90) bulbs, they are GU10s and the standard bayonet type, originally I put the 5600k ones in my living room were I do most of my work, but ended up putting them throughout my apt, love how crisp they make everything look. I had CFLs prior to that which were great but but took a while to warm up and didn't last very long.

So what do you guys use?

I'm currently using halogen lamps as the primary lighting in my house. I am looking into chaging to LED bulbs, since halogen is extremly power hungry and creates alot of heat.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

My parents have both shifted to all LED and I am looking to buy a few Phillips HUE to my room.

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

I'm only part way through the transition to all L.E.D, but the ones I do have have lasted much longer on average than my fluorescent lights.

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

We actually replaced all of our kitchen lights with cheap (less than $4 each) led bulbs. They all died within 2 months.

I'm getting around to putting quality lights in my room soon.

Woo!

I thought for a sec that you said Lightning...lol.

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

LED mostly, anything that isn't will be switched to LED after it dies. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

CFLs throught the house (minus the few places with old fixtures that can't fit them, which get incandescent).

Might get my parents to look into LED for future replacements.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

I have CFL in my room but it died a couple of days ago... i might go for an LED next, but they are quite expensive compared to normal ones.

Main PC:

ASUS F1A55-M LX, AMD A6-3500, (2x2)gb Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 1600mhz, Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200rpm, 
 Corsair CX430M, Cooler Master Elite 343, Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Netbook:

Lenovo Ideapad S10-2, Intel Atom N280, (1x1)gb DDR2 667mhz, WD Scorpio Blue 250gb 5400rpm, Zorin OS 9 Lite

@Puppet

What if we use more then 1 type? Your poll could use change in allowing more then 1 answer

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

Cool to see L.E.D taking the win, they consume less power, some have decent CRI and are now getting as cheap as CFL and according to the specs last longer...

Plus they have heatsinks :D

CFLs throught the house (minus the few places with old fixtures that can't fit them, which get incandescent).

Might get my parents to look into LED for future replacements.

Would definitely recommend them, the reason I got mine was for viewing prints and it really does make a huge difference under the daylight bulbs (5000k+) sometimes shoot in my livingroom so they interfere less with the strobes too, the reason why I went 5600k... They may not suit everyone for all around the house but I like the look of them against my decor. You can get them for traditional bayonet and screw fittings too. 

I have CFL in my room but it died a couple of days ago... i might go for an LED next, but they are quite expensive compared to normal ones.

I don't think they are that badly priced now, have yet to see how long they last but the reviews seem to coincide with the specs and mine have a 5 year warranty.

@Puppet

What if we use more then 1 type? Your poll could use change in allowing more then 1 answer

Done :)

proper light bulbs that actually come on when you switch them on. 'white' leds are all horrible and blue coloured otherwise they would be ok. 

i tried energy saving light bulbs, but when i turned it on and it was still dark, i thought.........

3rtad5-300x196.jpg

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

proper light bulbs that actually come on when you switch them on. 'white' leds are all horrible and blue coloured otherwise they would be ok. 

i tried energy saving light bulbs, but when i turned it on and it was still dark, i thought.........

3rtad5-300x196.jpg

Yeah I can imagine the daylight bulbs might not suit everyone, but all my walls are mid grey and the bathroom is completely white so it kind of works for me, everything just looks really 'clean'.

You can get them in warmer looking color temps though with the same CRI so are still going to look 'crisper' than incandescent bulbs and they don't have that annoying warm up period.

If they last the specified 50,000 hours then I suppose they are actually cheaper than both incandescent and CFL too. Can't really see a reason not to have them.

My parents have both shifted to all LED and I am looking to buy a few Phillips HUE to my room.

Those look awesome, damn expensive though.

Found this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Auraglow-Remote-Controlled-Colour-Changing/dp/B003TXM53K/

Definitely looks a lot cheaper construction wise, but might pick up one of these for my side lamp, they look like a lot of fun :lol:

pretty mush all annoyingly warm CFLs of some sort.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

Ice modz.

Could of sworn this said "lightning" lol

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Fluorescent/CFL but I would really like to try out some LED "bulbs". Problem is that pretty much all of the less expensive ones you can buy on the internet seem to be crap. I've been looking at some that are made by Osram and plan to get one as soon as the next CFL bulb shits the bed.

I don't really play many games for gameplay anymore honestly. I play most games just for the graphics.

I like LED's but the shit that's been coming out latly has bugger all lumens, I brought 3 led light's about 3 or so years ago for about 80 bucks each they where good but now the market is flooded with crap.

So i use mainly CFL

Its all about those volumetric clouds

We are in the middle of transitioning from compact florescent to LEDs. We have recessed cans throughout most of our house. We are migrating to these: Halo

3500K, which lies in the middle between a 100w halogen bulb and a clear metal hydride bulb in terms of color.

They are pretty bright with a white and tint of yellow to make the color a little 'warm'. Overall I like them. Hopefully we will have these installed everywhere by the end of the year.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

I thought for a sec that you said Lightning...lol.

Same :P

i9-6930X @ 5.3GHz | ASUS Z1007-A | 64TB G.Skill Ripjaw XIV 2400GHz RAM | GTX 1080 Ti | Corsair 900R

Corsair CX2500 W | 15TB WD Green | Noctua NH-D24

slowly moving to LED

Corsair 650D, i5-4690K (Corsair h50 cooler), Asus ROG maximus VII Ranger, Asus GTX 980ti Strix, 16GB Corsair Vengeance pro series Red (2x8gb 2400mhz), Corsair HX850W, Asus Xonar Essence STX, Sennheiser HD595 / Beyerdynamic dt 770 pro 250 ohm, Samsung 850 pro 128GB / WD black/blue/green, OCZ vertex 3 60gb . Corsair M40/Corsair k70.