God i want a gaming pc

MrBigBrainThe2nd
Go to solution Solved by PhoenixFire22588,
1 hour ago, MrBigBrainThe2nd said:

Yeah. I have a basic understanding. As in I know what goes where in a pc. I still don’t get over locking, or what MHz does, or 80% of what a you does. Or what ddr3 and 4 mean, what works with what. It’s very complicated but not as complicated as it was a few months ago. Any tutorials to help me with this stuff?

Uhhh... 

Lol I binged LTT on YouTube. He has like all of them x10 haha. 

i mean, i do have one but its pretty crap for how much i have. i got a cyberpower pc with an amdrx 560 and an amd fx6300 with 8gb of ram, hdd, and 500w of power and all that is for 1000 bucks. i upgraded the gpu with a geforce 1080 but i think its too little too late. I want a new one so so so badly.

11 minutes ago, MrBigBrainThe2nd said:

i mean, i do have one but its pretty crap for how much i have. i got a cyberpower pc with an amdrx 560 and an amd fx6300 with 8gb of ram, hdd, and 500w of power and all that is for 1000 bucks. i upgraded the gpu with a geforce 1080 but i think its too little too late. I want a new one so so so badly.

The 1080 is still quite a capable card, and I would definitely consider it a gaming pc. 

yeah. but i cant play vr and thats my biggest issue right now. also it barely runs fortnite at 60fps, so thats not great

1 minute ago, itswillum said:

The 1080 is still quite a capable card, and I would definitely consider it a gaming pc. 

The FX-6300 is limiting it though.

elephants

id upgrade the cpu but i need a new motherboard on top of that plus 8 gb is good, but no enough for vr so i thought i might as well just build another pc.

1 minute ago, MrBigBrainThe2nd said:

id upgrade the cpu but i need a new motherboard on top of that plus 8 gb is good, but no enough for vr so i thought i might as well just build another pc.

Why don't you upgrade your ram first to 16GB

is a 550-650w power suply good for a ryzen 7 3700x and a geforce 1080 or do i need a new power supply?

1 minute ago, boomerangos said:

Because any recent CPU is DDR4, so why would be buy more DDR3 when the issue is his CPU 

1 minute ago, MrBigBrainThe2nd said:

is a 550-650w power suply good for a ryzen 7 3700x and a geforce 1080 or do i need a new power supply?

What PSU? 

1 minute ago, boomerangos said:

i could. but to be fair i just want a new gaming pc. there's a bunch of problems with this one but, although it maybe more expensive, id rather build a new one. (besides, i've never built a pc before)

15 minutes ago, MrBigBrainThe2nd said:

yeah. but i cant play vr and thats my biggest issue right now. also it barely runs fortnite at 60fps, so thats not great

Don't worry about vr. Its over rated. Trust me , i know first hand. 

Your pc is a gaming pc. The 1080 is still a very capable card. 

25 minutes ago, MrBigBrainThe2nd said:

acctualy it is the problem for youre cpu youre cpu is very old and not fast enough for the gpu.

Pls Mark a solution as a solution, would be really helpful.

BTW pls correct me, iam really stoobid at times.

I can't either because my GPU doesn't support it.

BUT, you can always just get an Oculus Quest 2. No PC required and there's some interesting games on it. It's certainly not PC VR level of gaming, but good enough. Also it can playback 8k VR videos without any issues with DeoVR... so... *wink wink nudge nudge*

If you want to upgrade your PC a bit, you need a new CPU. Just get one used. Like a first gen ryzen if you can find one. Or something like the Ryzen 3100

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

get incremental upgrades! Buy a new PSU (750 watts at least), Max out your CPU to an FX 8350, Max out your ram, and buy a nice fat air cooler with support for modern sockets. Do that over time and when you're ready to go to a new platfor, all you'll need to do is upgrade motherboard, cpu and ram, instead of buying all the other parts at the same time.

About 3 years ago an old friend of mine upgraded his rig and hooked me up with his old build. Shit was dank. I was finally introduced to pc gaming on a custom built gaming pc instead of my actual dell prebuilt lol. I had always loved computers and tech in general but this stoked the fire hard. Hot rgb. Way better specs. Upgradeability. It was dank but I had very little understanding of the hardware and how it all works together. The cpu was good if it was OC but absolute shit at stock speed. The gpu was good but only 2g vram. I quickly realized that this system I was so excited for was becoming obsolete really fast lol but it gave me a mission.

Finally, about a year ago now I upgraded and built my own gaming rig piece by piece over about 3 months trying to find the absolute best I could get for my budget (and learning why its the best). For over a year ive been going hard on learning about hardware, planning my next upgrade, and learning more and more about how to really tune your rig to your liking. I know my system damn well and how to get the most out of it. I simply appreciate it so much more than my old hand me down (or in your case a prebuilt) cuz I built it from the ground up. 

Learn learn learn and when the time finally comes reap the benefits of your hard work. 😄

9 hours ago, MrBigBrainThe2nd said:

nah, im just venting

I see... Sadly this is not place for that. But since you are new, moved to Off Topic.

9 hours ago, MrBigBrainThe2nd said:

power supply

They were asking for the model... 99% here knows most of the terminology already. And those who don't know, use Fahrenheit for PC temps.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

11 minutes ago, yaboistar said:

i run VR off a Vega64 lol 8GB can work fine

I ran VR off of a RX 570 4gb at one point. I had to lower the graphics detail to low-medium, but it somehow got ~90 fps in most titles I played.

14 hours ago, FmPhenom said:

Don't worry about vr. Its over rated. Trust me , i know first hand. 

Your pc is a gaming pc. The 1080 is still a very capable card. 

No bro, I have an oculus and I fucking love it! I cannot wait to play half life alyx and boneworks. And besides, I also like esports and I want to play comp but can’t rlly cuz of pc

13 hours ago, PhoenixFire22588 said:

About 3 years ago an old friend of mine upgraded his rig and hooked me up with his old build. Shit was dank. I was finally introduced to pc gaming on a custom built gaming pc instead of my actual dell prebuilt lol. I had always loved computers and tech in general but this stoked the fire hard. Hot rgb. Way better specs. Upgradeability. It was dank but I had very little understanding of the hardware and how it all works together. The cpu was good if it was OC but absolute shit at stock speed. The gpu was good but only 2g vram. I quickly realized that this system I was so excited for was becoming obsolete really fast lol but it gave me a mission.

Finally, about a year ago now I upgraded and built my own gaming rig piece by piece over about 3 months trying to find the absolute best I could get for my budget (and learning why its the best). For over a year ive been going hard on learning about hardware, planning my next upgrade, and learning more and more about how to really tune your rig to your liking. I know my system damn well and how to get the most out of it. I simply appreciate it so much more than my old hand me down (or in your case a prebuilt) cuz I built it from the ground up. 

Learn learn learn and when the time finally comes reap the benefits of your hard work. 😄

Yeah. I have a basic understanding. As in I know what goes where in a pc. I still don’t get over locking, or what MHz does, or 80% of what a you does. Or what ddr3 and 4 mean, what works with what. It’s very complicated but not as complicated as it was a few months ago. Any tutorials to help me with this stuff?

4 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

I see... Sadly this is not place for that. But since you are new, moved to Off Topic.

They were asking for the model... 99% here knows most of the terminology already. And those who don't know, use Fahrenheit for PC temps.

It is a psaz 550-650w power supply