God i want a gaming pc

MrBigBrainThe2nd
Go to solution Solved by PhoenixFire22588,
1 hour ago, MrBigBrainThe2nd said:

Yeah. I have a basic understanding. As in I know what goes where in a pc. I still don’t get over locking, or what MHz does, or 80% of what a you does. Or what ddr3 and 4 mean, what works with what. It’s very complicated but not as complicated as it was a few months ago. Any tutorials to help me with this stuff?

Uhhh... 

Lol I binged LTT on YouTube. He has like all of them x10 haha. 

2 hours ago, steelo said:

I ran VR off of a RX 570 4gb at one point. I had to lower the graphics detail to low-medium, but it somehow got ~90 fps in most titles I played.

How the fuck. What was ur cpu

13 hours ago, Skunch said:

get incremental upgrades! Buy a new PSU (750 watts at least), Max out your CPU to an FX 8350, Max out your ram, and buy a nice fat air cooler with support for modern sockets. Do that over time and when you're ready to go to a new platfor, all you'll need to do is upgrade motherboard, cpu and ram, instead of buying all the other parts at the same time.

Why can’t I just build a new one?

How the fuck. What was ur cpu

Ryzen 5 2400g, which is a pretty budget oriented quad core CPU. The games were very playable with this CPU/GPU combo, for the most part. Now, Oculus games like elite: dangerous and elder scrolls did struggle to maintain 90fps. However, robo recall, superhot, st bridge crew, onward, catan, creed all ran fan (with low to medium settings).

Would I recommend it? Probably not...I'd get the most powerful CPU/GPU combo you can afford that fits your needs. I'm just telling you that VR GPU requirements aren't as high as you think they are. You don't need a GTX 3080 to play VR...

I've since upgraded to a Ryzen 5 1600af (basically a 2600) when it sold for $85 and a RX 5700, it runs just about every VR game I've thrown at it so far with relative ease.

Personally, I wouldn't go any lower than a RX 5600XT or GTX 2060 if you want a decent VR machine.

30 minutes ago, steelo said:

Ryzen 5 2400g, which is a pretty budget oriented quad core CPU. The games were very playable with this CPU/GPU combo, for the most part. Now, Oculus games like elite: dangerous and elder scrolls did struggle to maintain 90fps. However, robo recall, superhot, st bridge crew, onward, catan, creed all ran fan (with low to medium settings).

Would I recommend it? Probably not...I'd get the most powerful CPU/GPU combo you can afford that fits your needs. I'm just telling you that VR GPU requirements aren't as high as you think they are. You don't need a GTX 3080 to play VR...

I've since upgraded to a Ryzen 5 1600af (basically a 2600) when it sold for $85 and a RX 5700, it runs just about every VR game I've thrown at it so far with relative ease.

Personally, I wouldn't go any lower than a RX 5600XT or GTX 2060 if you want a decent VR machine.

Yeah I know. It’s my cpu that’s the problem.

Yeah. I have a basic understanding. As in I know what goes where in a pc. I still don’t get over locking, or what MHz does, or 80% of what a you does. Or what ddr3 and 4 mean, what works with what. It’s very complicated but not as complicated as it was a few months ago. Any tutorials to help me with this stuff?

Uhhh... 

Lol I binged LTT on YouTube. He has like all of them x10 haha. 

-Thread locked-

Material is better suited as a status update.

There is some good discussion happening here, but I would recommend creating a new thread asking your questions over in New Builds and Planning. If you just want to vent, you can use status updates on your profile page for that.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!