Tesla Model S has 10 Teraflops of pure processing power!

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

12 hours ago, Derkoli said:

According to tesla, minimal wear to the drivetrain after 1,000,000 miles.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/24242/tesla-shows-off-model-3-drive-unit-after-one-million-miles-of-driving

Battery packs lose ~20 miles of range over 275,000 miles or so.

After 420,000 miles, about 20% of the range is depleted.

It was a picture of helical cut gears and a couple of bearings.  The wear is nice and even and none of the bearings look like they failed.  Now show me the same unit after a real 1000000 miles and not some stationary, climate controlled test bench.

Same with batteries,  real world conditions will limit their capacity.  

34 minutes ago, Heliian said:

It was a picture of helical cut gears and a couple of bearings.  The wear is nice and even and none of the bearings look like they failed.  Now show me the same unit after a real 1000000 miles and not some stationary, climate controlled test bench.

Same with batteries,  real world conditions will limit their capacity.  

The batteries were from customers cars, under real world conditions. Not lab tests. I believe the three highest mile units are a Swedish P85D, a Model 3 NYC taxi cab, and a German P85 with 900,000KM on the clock.

Quite a few examples of Tesla's with 320,000+ miles on the clock have next to no wear on the PU and drivetrain, original batteries and the only replacements are the standard wear items, such as tyres and brake pads.

This company has several Tesla's with well over 300,000 miles on the clock and the original drivetrain still in good shape:

https://cleantechnica.com/2019/11/23/500000-miles-in-a-tesla-whats-the-result/

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

6 hours ago, RejZoR said:

They don't mention things like how Teslas ate their own tires. But not because of all the torque, it was because alignment was all screwed up and it ate tires on the inside part. Makes you wonder what all else will fail in such stupid way that you never see on established car brands...

That's an issue that can be solved with a simple alignment (35-100 dollars with Tesla), Any car can have this issue. Hell, look at stanced cars.

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

1 hour ago, Derkoli said:

That's an issue that can be solved with a simple alignment (35-100 dollars with Tesla), Any car can have this issue. Hell, look at stanced cars.

a) no it doesn't happen on any new car

b) you don't expect paying extra just to align wheels on a brand new car that costs what, 50k € and beyond out of the dealership

c) stanced cars are user modification

I was talking about brand new Tesla car out of the factory.

1 hour ago, RejZoR said:

b) you don't expect paying extra just to align wheels on a brand new car that costs what, 50k € and beyond out of the dealership

Oh god right, that makes more sense haha.

Yeah, they shouldn't be mis-aligned out of the factory. That's pretty dangerous.

2 hours ago, RejZoR said:

To be fair, they will fix those kinds of issues for free with a new car. They definitely need to work on QC - it's one of their biggest hurdles. But they are improving upon the processes.

So if your new Tesla comes factory misaligned, you can easily book an alignment with them for free to resolve the issue. Annoying? Unquestionably. But it's a solvable problem and will eventually not be a problem anymore at all.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

14 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

To be fair, they will fix those kinds of issues for free with a new car. They definitely need to work on QC - it's one of their biggest hurdles. But they are improving upon the processes.

So if your new Tesla comes factory misaligned, you can easily book an alignment with them for free to resolve the issue. Annoying? Unquestionably. But it's a solvable problem and will eventually not be a problem anymore at all.

Wouldn't you put doubt into a car maker that allegedly sells a premium product at premium price if they can't do something as basic and fundamental as wheels alignment properly out of the factory?

On 1/28/2021 at 4:58 AM, RedRound2 said:

I sort of disagree with you, becasue I really do thing minimalist looks great, but god that steering wheel and lack of stalks. I'm really not able to imagine how both of those are good ideas in any sort of scenario

they want you to do everything from the touch screen which is dumb when many of those things would be illegal to do while driving. cant even legally manually turn on windshield wipers on the model 3. the stalks only let you wipe once. 

2 hours ago, RejZoR said:

2 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

Wouldn't you put doubt into a car maker that allegedly sells a premium product at premium price if they can't do something as basic and fundamental as wheels alignment properly out of the factory?

My Toyota had a similar issue with tire wear, it also had issues where the door remained locked, and power window failure.  (On a similar note, do you have any articles that actually say there are wheel alignment issues with Teslas in general).

The issue I have as well, Tesla's premium price comes from it being an EV, and technology oriented.  Similarly priced EV's don't typically have the features that Tesla's have (either in range, or technology).  Not really trying to defend them, but as much as there are a lot of Elon fan boys there is an equal amount of people who just end up throwing hate.  A lot of the issues as well are from earlier days of Tesla mass manufacturing, it's like calling out Toyota's 90's pickups for being bad quality because their design was a rust magnet (but if you prevent the rusting it allowed the vehicle to just keep running)

3735928559 - Beware of the dead beef

33 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

As others have mentioned, no, because that kind of stuff still happens to Ford and GM and Toyota, companies that have been making cars for 100+ years now.

Hell there was that issue where your key could fall out after ignition. There was that massive airbag recall. My VW Jetta had a recall for the gear lever, where under some circumstances the gear could be moved from Park to D or N while the key was not present, or in reverse, the gear could move from D to P while the car was running.

Literally every single car manufacturer has issues now and then. Some big, some small. Even those like Honda and Toyota, which have an ironclad "good quality" reputation.

Tesla has only been making cars for a few decades now - compared to their centuries-old competition, they're doing damn well. They're not perfect, and design choices are controversial for some things (I too don't like the idea of no driver-side gauge cluster) - but people really blow some of Tesla's issues out of proportion.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Love the redesign of the Model S and X.

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.