Air bubbles in the pump of AIO.

Hi there,

So I've spent the last couple days helping my gf build her first computer. I had to do this virtually due to certain restrictions and because of the pandemic.
We finally got to the point where the system is able to boot into windows and all is working well however she noticed that the pump seemed to be quite aerated and bubbly and her CPU thermals were still around the high 30°C's at idle.

The system is currently sitting upside down in hopes that the air moves its way to the bottom of the radiator overnight however I'm worried that it will work its way back into the pump while the system gets put up right.

So my question is, what would be the best way to move the air out of the pump and into the radiator?

For reference, the case is the NZXT H510 with the Kraken x63 which is cooling a 5600X.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated 😄

For those who have asked how everything has been mounted in the case, I will use this image because I forgot to save the images of the build before she slept lolimage.png.3e362ae8b49c6c64ad9785e0d8b7b91f.png
We have also tried mounting the radiator with the pipes coming up from the bottomm however she had a clearance issue with the white accent piece that is on the inside of the case.

Edited by JustBenny
Added additional info.

3 minutes ago, JustBenny said:

Hi there,

So I've spent the last couple days helping my gf build her first computer. I had to do this virtually due to certain restrictions and because of the pandemic.
We finally got to the point where the system is able to boot into windows and all is working well however she noticed that the pump seemed to be quite aerated and bubbly and her CPU thermals were still around the high 30°C's at idle.

The system is currently sitting upside down in hopes that the air moves its way to the bottom of the radiator overnight however I'm worried that it will work its way back into the pump while the system gets put up right.

So my question is, what would be the best way to move the air out of the pump and into the radiator?

For reference, the case is the NZXT H510 with the Kraken x63 which is cooling a 5600X.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated 😄

See if this will help any

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

2 minutes ago, JustBenny said:

You should mention how everything is mounted inside the case.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

The only permanent (or, semi-permanent in the case of extended duration permeation) is to make sure that one of the ends of the radiator is mounted higher than the pump itself. Air will naturally migrate to the highest point in the loop, if that's your pump, that's where it will sit.

If you're able to provide some pictures, that'll help a great deal as well.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

is the radiator installes with the tubing coming out of the bottom? if not, turn it around. This way any air will go to the top of the radiator instead of being stuck in the pump/tubing.

28 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

You should mention how everything is mounted inside the case.

Provided an image from NZXT because I currently don't have any saved images of the build + that is literally how everything has been installed 😄

29 minutes ago, Semper said:

The only permanent (or, semi-permanent in the case of extended duration permeation) is to make sure that one of the ends of the radiator is mounted higher than the pump itself. Air will naturally migrate to the highest point in the loop, if that's your pump, that's where it will sit.

If you're able to provide some pictures, that'll help a great deal as well.

So once the system is booted up again, just let it sit and run for a little while?
Would running a synthetic test like aida64 in order to heat the liquid in the AIO speed this process up?

Just now, JustBenny said:

So once the system is booted up again, just let it sit and run for a little while?
Would running a synthetic test like aida64 in order to heat the liquid in the AIO speed this process up?

If the air hasn't migrated to the highest point already (again, assuming this isn't your pump), that should work, yeah.

No, a heat load won't offer you anything in the way of moving the air bubbles around.
It will tell you if you have a poor mount on the CPU, however.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

6 minutes ago, Semper said:

If the air hasn't migrated to the highest point already (again, assuming this isn't your pump), that should work, yeah.

No, a heat load won't offer you anything in the way of moving the air bubbles around.
It will tell you if you have a poor mount on the CPU, however.

Thanks for the help 😄