how do you write/read stuff outside the console with cpp/windows?

Lii

dropshipping is pretty repetitive

usually it's waiting for an email, get the information, insert the information for the shippement and ship

so I was looking for something that can manage to read stuff from a browser (like firefox) or any other application, and be able to do some user input (like move the cursor, click, insert some text)

but I have no idea how to do it nor where to look for

ps: I'm sorry but at the time my phone was missbehaving 😅

It's really not clear what you're asking. Read what exactly, files, text, user input…?

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

Super vague answer for a super vague question.

https://www.cplusplus.com/reference/fstream/

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz

Please use a lot more words.

There is not enough context here.

2 hours ago, Lii said:

how do you write/read stuff outside the console with cpp/windows?

I think you're looking for Console::WriteLine() and std::getline()

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

On 1/20/2021 at 9:00 AM, Lii said:

so I was looking for something that can manage to read stuff from a browser (like firefox) or any other application, and be able to do some user input (like move the cursor, click, insert some text)

A combination of Javascript (to interact with the browser) and AHK (for user input) is probably going to be the easiest solution.

If you want to do something like this with C++, you will need to have a fairly extensive knowledge of WinAPI.

On 1/20/2021 at 6:00 PM, Lii said:

Reading data from other processes or parsing text from the screen isn't really the best way to go about this, as it's quite error prone e.g. when the website layout changes. Some goes for moving the cursor and entering text. Doable, but prone to errors if fields more around, names change etc.

usually it's waiting for an email, get the information, insert the information for the shippement and ship

Is this information you receive through email standardized in some way or are we talking about text written by a human being? Parsing information from an email, converting it as needed and sending it somewhere else should be doable, provided we are talking about standardized input and output.

E.g. you could write an application that communicates with the email server directly. When a new mail arrives its contents are parsed, the information is reformatted as needed and then sent to wherever it needs to go. Ideally whoever receives the data in the end has some API for this, since parsing/scraping a website is (once again) quite error prone.

So it really depends on what kind of information you receive via email, in which way it needs to be processed and how you need to forward the information. You could probably cobble something together with some UI automation tools, but if this is something a business depends on I'd rather have a more stable/standardized process.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply