Reliable, cheap PSU for a 3060ti?

Venous
Go to solution Solved by Stahlmann,

The cheapest 650W PSU i found on PCPP that's still good enough to recommend: Corsair TXM Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply (CP-9020132-NA) - PCPartPicker

Will have no problem running your build.

3 minutes ago, Venous said:

Cheap is anything below £80 as that seems to be about the average, asus b450-f r5 3600, asus 3060ti oc (will be)

Seems like the right fit for your budget.

I'm in the UK if it helps, need a new PSU for an incoming 3060ti, think 650w should do it, but I could be wrong so please correct me!

Thanks in advance.

What's "cheap" mean to you, and what other components are you powering?

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

4 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

What's "cheap" mean to you, and what other components are you powering?

Cheap is anything below £80 as that seems to be about the average, asus b450-f r5 3600, asus 3060ti oc (will be)

The cheapest 650W PSU i found on PCPP that's still good enough to recommend: Corsair TXM Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply (CP-9020132-NA) - PCPartPicker

Will have no problem running your build.

3 minutes ago, Venous said:

Seems like the right fit for your budget.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

2 minutes ago, b0ne- said:

Those are not cheap, but rather high-end when it comes to 650W PSUs.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

2 minutes ago, Venous said:

These would be your best bet under 80 quid:

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/dDH48d/corsair-txm-gold-550w-80-gold-certified-semi-modular-atx-power-supply-cp-9020133-na

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/PVzZxr/corsair-txm-gold-650w-80-gold-certified-semi-modular-atx-power-supply-cp-9020132-na

Or if you want something better (mainly in the noise department), for slightly more:

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/bqVD4D/corsair-rmx-2018-550w-80-gold-certified-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-cp-9020177-na

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

2 minutes ago, _Omega_ said:

Can you get the Xilence Performance X in the UK?

Out of stock at the moment, but yes.

2 minutes ago, Venous said:

Out of stock at the moment, but yes.

Okay, i live in Germany and here its the cheapest one i would go with 

2 hours ago, Stahlmann said:

Those are not cheap, but rather high-end when it comes to 650W PSUs.

I think he wrote what his budget was after I posted my reply + psu  is the last thing he should be making compromises for

1 hour ago, b0ne- said:

I think he wrote what his budget was after I posted my reply + psu  is the last thing he should be making compromises for

not compromising at all, just wanted the best value. Went for the corsair TX-M 650w gold PSU

14 hours ago, Venous said:

not compromising at all, just wanted the best value. Went for the corsair TX-M 650w gold PSU

Nice, you chose a very reliable power supply 🙂