What Did You Get for Christmas? 2020 Edition

PlayStation 2

I got...

A new duvet cover, insulated water bottle, socks, shower gel/deodorant, chocolates & money. Tomorrow I'm going to order some sweatpants from American Giant that I've wanted for a while 馃榾

夭賳丿诏蹖 丕夭 趩乇丕睾

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB聽(360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red)聽keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x聽headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit.聽

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads:聽

$40 Gas station gift card and large container for water or soda

Dove Body Wash Gift Set
$40 in Cash
$50 Target Gift Card

Large Peanuts Mug (with microwavable cake mix)
Dark Chocolate and Caramel Popcorn with Almonds and Cashews
and some steam cash from my bf (the OP lol)

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie ||聽Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

14 hours ago, handymanshandle said:

Meh, it was bound to happen sooner or later, but what did you end up getting for Christmas this year?

I got $100, two $75 gift cards to some clothing stores and a new pair of slippers myself from my parents, plus some Steam cash from my brothers.

and in a few days you'll be getting some vhs tapes I got from ebay and the thrift store :^

Spoiler

and of course can't forget the other present that came all the way from France/Belgium but that's for our anniversary mmm Saab model car lol :P

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie ||聽Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

In trouble.聽

Jk, remember that book thread I made? A lot of those. And a second monitor.聽

A bottle of whiskey, a q-up (it's a little lift that automatically raises the arm of your record player at the end of the record, no idea why high end record players never have this built in), Red Dead Redemption 2 (or rather; the money for the Steam budget) and a computer microscope (see image attached, beat up 7" record).聽
Still waiting for Richard Porter's "Medium Sized Book Of Boring Car Trivia" Pt. 1 and 2, they are still being mailed from the UK. They were 4 times as expensive in the Netherlands so I had them sent over by a Welsh friend with some of his merch (HubNut, go check on聽 YouTube if you care for cars no one cares about) but mail is a mess.

WIN_20201225_22_36_12_Pro.jpg

16 hours ago, Arika S said:

Holy shit, congratulations!聽

Thanks! I did get some things beyond that, but they really are trivial in comparison.

$50 GC

One of those wood/marble puzzles to a assemble

A charcuterie board set

I got myself a 5900x and the ADATA 8200 Pro 1 TB nvme and my Asus Strix B550F arrives next week. So basically I鈥檓 buying myself a new PC.

Edited by kewtz
typo

Potato Revamp

CPU: AMD 5900x || GPU: nVidia RTX 3080 ||聽RAM: 32gb Trident Z Neo CL16 || Case:聽Fractal Torrent Compact || CPU Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2 || PSU: Corsair RM850 Gold || Storage: ADATA SX8200 Pro (1TB), 2x Samsung Evo 870 (2TB)

On 12/25/2020 at 6:51 PM, handymanshandle said:

Meh, it was bound to happen sooner or later, but what did you end up getting for Christmas this year?

I don't accept ANY Christmas gifts. Nor do I give them. So there it is, the most boring answer ever. Despite my policy, I was given some things which I refused to accept. So the answer is "I'm not sure what I got"

There is something so sheep-like and contrived about this day that has never sat well with me. The only thing I like about it is getting together with others. I dislike the pressure this time of year has on many. I refuse to take part in any of it.

Got gifted 48 Ferrero Rocher's and a bunch of After Eights, so I'm a happy camper.

Also gifted myself the Raidhalster MBL 101 X-Treme's before christmas.

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

My sister came by like two days before Christmas and gave me a big聽sliced ham on the bone.

It's delicious.聽馃構

I live alone so I made so many ham sandwiches the last few days that I think I've gained 10 pounds lol.

I got a check for $100.00 but I have to use the whole thing to pay a bill. That sucks but what can you do.

Got a $20.00 iTunes gift card that I already used to buy some movies and TV shows to watch while I enjoy my Christmas ham.聽

馃榿聽Merry Christmas everyone.

3 hours ago, Keith W said:

Spent some time going out and giving some of the homeless population hot drinks, food and hats/gloves

Your a nice person to do that.

Got a Milwaukee M12 power ratchet, a couple of shirts, a hoodie, some candy, and a little cash. My mom said I was supposed to get one more present but it was back-ordered. It was a K-Tuned Circuit2 X Lean Back shifter for my Civic.

I also bought myself an early, sort-of Christmas present, and that was a new daily driver to replace my 2007 Honda Fit Sport. I bought a 2016 Honda HR-V EX-L AWD. My left foot's been messed up for several months and daily driving a manual has been painful. Specifically, DD'ing that Fit was painful. Somehow it was far worse on my foot than my engine swapped Civic with a heavy race clutch. Weird.

got a security camera and it recorded this the first night

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x聽 | GPU: GTX 1070 FE | RAM: TridentZ 16GB 3200MHz | Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M聽| PSU: EVGA 650 B3 | STORAGE: Boot drive: Crucial MX500 1TB, Secondary drive: WD Blue 1TB hdd | CASE: Phanteks P350x | OS: Windows 10 | Monitor: Main: ASUS VP249QGR 144Hz, Secondary: Dell E2014h 1600x900

7 minutes ago, fpo said:

What is that pole he hit?聽

he hit the street sign

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x聽 | GPU: GTX 1070 FE | RAM: TridentZ 16GB 3200MHz | Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M聽| PSU: EVGA 650 B3 | STORAGE: Boot drive: Crucial MX500 1TB, Secondary drive: WD Blue 1TB hdd | CASE: Phanteks P350x | OS: Windows 10 | Monitor: Main: ASUS VP249QGR 144Hz, Secondary: Dell E2014h 1600x900

I made dinner for an old lady who had no one to be with. Steak, shrimp, crab, salmon, rice, apple pie, exotic cheese, chocolates, raspberry cake.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me.聽

On 12/25/2020 at 12:59 AM, WereCatf said:

I'm an adult, I don't get Christmas-gifts. I did buy myself Horizon Zero Dawn for PC, though, so maybe one could count that as a gift to myself?

We went to IHOP with my grandparents and got the worlds slowest service. Went in at 3, left at 5 for a place that only does breakfast items and burgers.

#Muricaparrotgang

I got a power outage for pretty much the whole day, and the noise from the generator gave me a headache.

Better news, I did get some gift cards for Chilli's and Buffalo wild wings, and also two hoodies. I'm looking forward too using those gift cards and get some food for takeout. 聽

Gaming With a 4:3 CRT

System specs below

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700X聽with a Noctua NH-U9S cooler聽
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M (Because it was cheap)
RAM: 32GB (4 x 8GB) Corsair Vengance LPX 3200Mhz CL16
GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC Blower Card
HDD: 7200RPM TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 1TB, External HDD: 5400RPM 2TB WD My Passport
SSD: 1tb聽Samsung 970 evo m.2 nvme
PSU: Corsair CX650M
Displays: ViewSonic VA2012WB LCD 1680x1050p @ 75Hz
Gateway VX920 CRT: 1920x1440@65Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@125Hz
Gateway VX900 CRT: 1920x1440@64Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@120Hz (Can be pushed to 175Hz)
Keyboard: Thermaltake eSPORTS MEKA PRO with Cherry MX Red switches