I keep getting emails that weren't sent to my address

Hey all, recently I've started receiving emails from a bunch of random companies. If you look at who the to field is, it is "RICK@aol.com"

This is not my email and I have no clue why they would be going to me email (which is completely unrelated)

Any clue how I can stop this?

11E1530D-608C-43F5-8575-DC288315A062.png

Breaking things 1 day at a time

they're BCCing you, probably on a spam junkmail list.

If you're using your ISP's email, you might be able to flag it, and their IT department can block them. If you're using gmail or similar, you can also flag it, and it should automatically filter it out.

Other than that, you can create manual filters, and that's about it...

I totally did that to my ex after we broke up. Everything, straight to the trash...

Oh, I just saw it's CBD stuff. If you can find the state where it came from, you might be able to report them and get them shut down... I doubt they're actually trying to sell you CBD, though, it's probably a phishing scam to get more information from you. I think you just should report/filter it.

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022

Found this on a Gmail help page:

If you don't see your email address in the "To" or "Cc" fields, you may have been sent the message by "Bcc." If that’s the case, you won't see your email address at the top of the message.

Spammers sometimes add random email addresses into the "Bcc" field to try to get people to respond. 

Basically your email was probably added to the blind carbon copy, you won't see it. The suggestion given is to mark the email as spam, you can also block the originating email address, but that is basically pointless since scammers have countless different email addresses. 

you can block the sender. if it's from multiple senders, a manual filter and flagging would work

Either @piratemonkey or quote me when responding to me. I won't see otherwise

Put a reaction on my post if I helped

My privacy guide | Why my name is piratemonkey PSU Tier List Motherboard VRM Tier List

What I say is from experience and the internet, and may not be 100% correct

I got a very similar type of scam email once.

It was from a debt collection company and it was sent to my email but all the details were for someone else. 

It was worded very strangely, especially for a debt collection company, which put me on alert. The tone and what it was asking was all wrong for the situation it was describing. 

So there are multiple reasons a person might wish to respond, firstly the incorrect person named and secondly it’s debt collection and no one likes them to come to their house! 

At the end of the email, hidden very well was this text (or something very similar) “By responding to this email you identify yourself as the person responsible for full payment of this debt”... Talk about sneaky!!!

Below that, with the above easily scrollable past, right at the bottom was an unsubscribe button!! What sort of debt collector sends out emails with those while trying to collect debt?? Well of course a person could easily read the top, see it was for someone else, scroll past the text above and then try to unsubscribe... BAM! They have you!

It probably can’t be enforced but the scammers behind it would probably try to someone, eventually getting money out of the person who responded.

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

-> Moved to Programs, Apps and Websites

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv