Why is System using more data than my web browser?

TetraSky

Wtf is this. Why is it using so much data and how can I stop it.

image.png.56dbec76284bb59e20dc76fb46e1b5b0.png

I tried looking it up on Google, but all it says is to stop windows update... But I'm quite sure Windows updates didn't just randomly consume 250GB in the past month (And update sharing between local/online is disabled)

While writing this, I was looking at the Resources monitor and I'm seeing this :

image.png.2f55084af6bf1c0139bad0ee8408e349.png

Is it just... Counting local data being written locally, as being network data somehow?

Funnily enough, right after I took that screenshot, System just... Disappeared from "Processes with Network Activity" list in Resource Monitor. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

System on mine is under 800mb. I've seen some go up to a few TB which is quite insane. Sucks that Resource Monitor nor Process Hacker can show details to which images are responcible for sending and receiving data under "System" like you can with CPU cycles per thread. Should be resolved If you can find a way to see that somehow..

If it isn't windows updates or some sort of cumulative figure could be a service communicating back and forth all the time.

"System" is wrong

Of I were to guess, it is measuring port 80 and 443 (HTTP and HTTPS). So it will be always be morr than your web browser