CYBERPUNK 2077 (WORTH IT OR NOT)

Ayush008

I pre-purchased last night mainly as I sold my "old" 360 AIO on eBay which funded it for me as I had money already in my Paypal balance. I would have bought anyway, looking like the ideal game for me, not that I'll get anywhere near enough time to play 😞

3 hours ago, Bouncewasp said:

I pre-purchased last night mainly as I sold my "old" 360 AIO on eBay which funded it for me as I had money already in my Paypal balance. I would have bought anyway, looking like the ideal game for me, not that I'll get anywhere near enough time to play 😞

Thnx @Bouncewasp,

for sharing your opinion !!👍👍👍👍👍

would feel highly privileged, if you can tell me your experience regarding cyberpunk in detail !!

While I think the game was waaaaay overhyped it still looks cool.
Hope they fix most of the skyrim-tier bugs with the day 1 patch

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

1 hour ago, Jerakl said:

While I think the game was waaaaay overhyped it still looks cool.
Hope they fix most of the skyrim-tier bugs with the day 1 patch

Thnx @Jerakl,

for sharing your experience , Bdw does it worth it , or should I go for Witcher 3 second time in 4K ??

I did a pre-purchase a few days ago on it. I don´t see much reason to do it long before a game is relased, but a few days before if you know that you want it and have researched should be fine. Factor in that you can refund as well, even if you preorder, makes it fine for me.

I am sure it will be great. Most likely we wont get to play before a day after release, I predict massive server issues on steam and patch issues.

6 hours ago, Ayush008 said:

Bdw does it worth it , or should I go for Witcher 3 second time in 4K ??

Quite pointless comparison because they're entirely different games in every regard.

5 hours ago, Chionele said:

Quite pointless comparison because they're entirely different games in every regard.

Yea but belong to same company 😂😂😂😂😂😂. Jk

9 hours ago, Sahl said:

I did a pre-purchase a few days ago on it. I don´t see much reason to do it long before a game is relased, but a few days before if you know that you want it and have researched should be fine. Factor in that you can refund as well, even if you preorder, makes it fine for me.

I am sure it will be great. Most likely we wont get to play before a day after release, I predict massive server issues on steam and patch issues.

Thnx @Sahl,

for sharing your opinion !! I appreciate it.👍👍👍👍👍. Now look I may be wrong but I don’t know why but after seeing review on gamespot, i feel lil demotivated regarding this title. 

So incase if you have watched review and all, still you want to play ?

feel free to share me your personal review.

I caved and bought it last night. I fully intended to wait for it to launch (like I do with every other game I buy these days) but I heard they have a 50GB (maybe even more) day one patch ready and I knew I was going to buy it anyway as a late birthday present for myself so why not jump in on day one.

As for opinions on the game, I have literally no opinion of it or expectations from it at all. I have managed to remain 100% blind to the game, I mean I have seen a few screenshots here and there and I know that you can customise the size of your characters genitalia plus a few other very minor details (like its open world, takes place in Night city, your character is called Z and you can drive vehicles) but I have seen no gameplay videos, I've read or seen no reviews, I know nothing about the story at all.

In case anybody doesn't know, they confirmed a few days ago that the game will launch at midnight your local time if you bought it on console and at midnight GMT for everyone on PC or Stadia.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

My sister bought it for me for my Birthday and I'm currently preloading it on steam, looking forward to playing this game.  Cyberpunk stuff is my jam (Ghost in The Shell anyone?) hopefully the day one patch fixes a lot of the bugs if not ill play through it once and then put it away for the other 2 factions play throughs when it gets more cleaned up.

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

1 hour ago, Master Disaster said:

I caved and bought it last night. I fully intended to wait for it to launch (like I do with every other game I buy these days) but I heard they have a 50GB (maybe even more) day one patch ready and I knew I was going to buy it anyway as a late birthday present for myself so why not jump in on day one.

As for opinions on the game, I have literally no opinion of it or expectations from it at all. I have managed to remain 100% blind to the game, I mean I have seen a few screenshots here and there and I know that you can customise the size of your characters genitalia plus a few other very minor details (like its open world, takes place in Night city, your character is called Z and you can drive vehicles) but I have seen no gameplay videos, I've read or seen no reviews, I know nothing about the story at all.

In case anybody doesn't know, they confirmed a few days ago that the game will launch at midnight your local time if you bought it on console and at midnight GMT for everyone on PC or Stadia.

Thnx @Master Disaster for sharing your opinion. 

I agree with your point. 👍👍👍

Although just by looking video and screenshot , we can’t judge a game !!

To judge any game , we need to put our hands on it or see the review. 

would you be so kind to share the personal review here ?

2 hours ago, Ryoku said:

My sister bought it for me for my Birthday and I'm currently preloading it on steam, looking forward to playing this game.  Cyberpunk stuff is my jam (Ghost in The Shell anyone?) hopefully the day one patch fixes a lot of the bugs if not ill play through it once and then put it away for the other 2 factions play throughs when it gets more cleaned up.

Thnx @Ryoku,

for sharing to ur experience !! 

belated happy birthday from my side !! 

please don’t forget to share me your personal review !!

It's out!

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

On 12/5/2020 at 6:21 PM, handymanshandle said:

I'm looking forward to it fucking tanking. Too many warning signs of a key development hell title to not be a disappointment.

If it's genuinely good, I will eat my words, but I don't see it being good at all.

Start eating. 

Game is good. Mechanics are not to overwhelming. Graphics are not "OMG" but are pleasing. Runs great at ultra 1080p on a 4790k @5ghz, 16gig ram, 1080ti and installed on a Sgate cuda 7200 hdd.

Just now, FmPhenom said:

Start eating. 

Game is good. Mechanics are not to overwhelming. Graphics are not "OMG" but are pleasing. Runs great at ultra 1080p on a 4790k @5ghz, 16gig ram, 1080ti and installed on a Sgate cuda 7200 hdd.

Yeah, I've seen the PC version. Seems to be buggy but it isn't bad looking. 

Although, the console versions... yeesh man. Shit almost looks like GTA San Andreas on the PS4 and Xbox One.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Running it on my main rig (R9 3900X, 16GB DDR4 3600CL16 RAM, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6800 + Adrenalin 20.12.1) at 3840x1080, High preset....runs about 40fps to 70+fps, but pretty smooth even when framerate dips to 40's. Doesn't look half bad at this setting in all honesty.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

3 hours ago, GamerDude said:

Running it on my main rig (R9 3900X, 16GB DDR4 3600CL16 RAM, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6800 + Adrenalin 20.12.1) at 3840x1080, High preset....runs about 40fps to 70+fps, but pretty smooth even when framerate dips to 40's. Doesn't look half bad at this setting in all honesty.

Would you be so kind to share your personal review regarding gameplay , story n all ?

as your opinion is highly valuable. 

8 hours ago, handymanshandle said:

Although, the console versions... yeesh man. Shit almost looks like GTA San Andreas on the PS4 and Xbox One.

I mean yeah, I wasn't expecting much from Xbox One and PS4. Those perform roughly like a GTX 750 Ti or GTX 950 right?

Current System: Ryzen 7 3700X, Noctua NH L12 Ghost S1 Edition, 32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz, MAG B550i Gaming Edge, 1TB WD SN550 NVME, SF750, RTX 3080 Founders Edition, Louqe Ghost S1

Having played it, don't. It's not ready.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

My character :)

93526728_DesktopScreenshot2020_12.10-08.49_12_51.thumb.png.ef0666fbf6a6fb2c04cd01fdda47deef.png

The secret to a good looking female character is eyes and jaw,since the structure of the face is heavily influenced by them.

The game is using a male skull as base for male/female/trans characters so making a character with feminine face is very challenging.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

I'm 3 hours in, so far it's good. Bit buggy, but far from the worst game at launch, and the driving needs work. If you can either avoid spoilers, or not care about them, then I'd say wait a few months for some fixes.

6 hours ago, Vishera said:

My character :)

93526728_DesktopScreenshot2020_12.10-08.49_12_51.thumb.png.ef0666fbf6a6fb2c04cd01fdda47deef.png

The secret to a good looking female character is eyes and jaw,since the structure of the face is heavily influenced by them.

The game is using a male skull as base for male/female/trans characters so making a character with feminine face is very challenging.

Wow !!! It’s seems like, we can spend a lot of time in customisation. 👍👍👍👍

I'm liking it so far, only just passed the origin story, went with corperate.

Running at ultra ray tracing (dlss set to auto) at 1440p, getting around 50-70 FPS with my 3060ti.....I'm glad for my g-sync monitor and RTX card, with ultra and dlss off it's sub 30fps :(

CPU - Ryzen 7 5800x3D |  GPU - RTX 3080 TUF OC | Motherboard - ASUS TUF X570 | RAM - Patriot Viper Blackout 32GB 3200MHz | Case - InWin 805 | Boot Drive - Corsair MP600 PCIe 4.0  Storage - 2 x 1TB SSD's & 1 500GB SSD | PSU - Seasonic Focus Gold 1000w | Display - ASUS TUF VG27WQ Curved 1440P 165Hz | Cooling - ASUS TUF LC240 AIO + 5 aRGB Fans

6 hours ago, Monkey Dust said:

... and the driving needs work.

A LOT of work. It's an awful experience that I loath having to drive. Though I'm optimistic this will be refined in the next few patches. It's that bad, I can't imagine it not changing for the better. The question is "when".