CYBERPUNK 2077 (WORTH IT OR NOT)

Ayush008
2 hours ago, Gazereths said:

I'm liking it so far, only just passed the origin story, went with corperate.

Running at ultra ray tracing (dlss set to auto) at 1440p, getting around 50-70 FPS with my 3060ti.....I'm glad for my g-sync monitor and RTX card, with ultra and dlss off it's sub 30fps :(

Thnx @Gazereths,

for sharing your opinion. 馃憤

You can wait for patch, for better optimisation.

15 hours ago, Ayush008 said:

Thnx @Gazereths,

for sharing your opinion. 馃憤

You can wait for patch, for better optimisation.

Yeah I was hoping for more towards the 100fps mark with my new rig, but hey ho.

Here's My V:

v.thumb.png.eeb095661ef2e9d5e97b3f1089a0d08b.png

V2.thumb.png.edd3c47ffd21865f0396599c012abcb6.png

Spoiler

CPU - Ryzen 7 5800x3D |聽聽GPU - RTX 3080 TUF OC |聽Motherboard - ASUS TUF X570 | RAM - Patriot Viper Blackout 32GB 3200MHz | Case - InWin 805 | Boot Drive - Corsair MP600 PCIe 4.0聽 Storage - 2 x 1TB SSD's & 1 500GB SSD | PSU - Seasonic Focus Gold 1000w | Display - ASUS TUF VG27WQ Curved 1440P 165Hz | Cooling - ASUS TUF LC240 AIO + 5 aRGB Fans

16 hours ago, StDragon said:

A LOT of work. It's an awful experience that I loath having to drive. Though I'm optimistic this will be refined in the next few patches. It's that bad, I can't imagine it not changing for the better. The question is "when".

As someone who likes to play Need for Speed Shift 2 and Forza Horizon 4聽 driving is tons of fun in Cyberpunk,

The only problems i have are:

1.The breaking distance is a bit long

2.In the first person view point you sit too low so it's difficult to see

3.The lack of mirrors.

Those are minor problems for me.

A PC Enthusiast聽since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE聽GTX 1660 GAMING OC聽@ Core聽2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

47 minutes ago, Vishera said:

As someone who likes to play Need for Speed Shift 2 and Forza Horizon 4聽 driving is tons of fun in Cyberpunk,

The only problems i have are:

1.The breaking distance is a bit long

2.In the first person view point you sit too low so it's difficult to see

3.The lack of mirrors.

Those are minor problems for me.

Interesting. Well, I've only driven in first person view. But my biggest gripe is the excessive oversteer and instant-on with the throttle. I don't recall driving with the keyboard to be so temperamental with other racing games.

If it will let me use a joypad, I might just leave that to the side and pick it up when driving. I dunno.

10 hours ago, Gazereths said:

Yeah I was hoping for more towards the 100fps mark with my new rig, but hey ho.

Here's My V:

v.thumb.png.eeb095661ef2e9d5e97b3f1089a0d08b.png

V2.thumb.png.edd3c47ffd21865f0396599c012abcb6.png

Reveal hidden contents

Cool, nice customisation !!

6 hours ago, StDragon said:

Interesting. Well, I've only driven in first person view. But my biggest gripe is the excessive oversteer and instant-on with the throttle. I don't recall driving with the keyboard to be so temperamental with other racing games.

If it will let me use a joypad, I might just leave that to the side and pick it up when driving. I dunno.

Thnx @StDragon,

for sharing your opinion.聽
quite informative.聽

please don鈥檛 forget to share your opinion regarding gameplay and story.

On 12/6/2020 at 12:13 AM, fpo said:

Can't wait for 5 years after it's out and is $5 provided it's as well renowned as the witcher 3.聽

Not really caring for the genitals customization.聽

@fpo

Infact today 聽i have found something funny at gamespot.

here have a look聽

0097A4AA-BABE-4934-AAA7-2B54971383F7.jpeg

6 hours ago, StDragon said:

You can jump between gamepad and KB+M just fine, and driving is less surprisingly much better with a gamepad. That said since otherwise the game is much better with KB+M I've found dealing with the worse聽driving being easier than juggling between control schemes. Might go for controller later on when doing collectibles since that entails much more driving than anything else.

Seems like with ray tracing off the game uses ray tracing like effects,and that's why the game is so demanding.

Screen space reflections look amazing,and is the closest tech to ray tracing:

Spoiler

Cyberpunk2077_2020_12_11_02_10_22_002.thumb.png.2223646cb1bad5c5e7e1df0b5ca72545.png

Spoiler

Cyberpunk2077_2020_12_11_07_06_51_324.thumb.png.2b6c00c073d686e8d2ac6f2275342c18.png

This game is gorgeous:

Spoiler

Cyberpunk2077_2020_12_12_08_00_15_868.thumb.png.b7107e03539bca290b30969644b9ce89.png

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE聽GTX 1660 GAMING OC聽@ Core聽2085MHz Memory 5000MHz

10 hours ago, Vishera said:

Seems like with ray tracing off the game uses ray tracing like effects,and that's why the game is so demanding.

Screen space reflections look amazing,and is the closest tech to ray tracing:

Reveal hidden contents

Cyberpunk2077_2020_12_11_02_10_22_002.thumb.png.2223646cb1bad5c5e7e1df0b5ca72545.png

Reveal hidden contents

Cyberpunk2077_2020_12_11_07_06_51_324.thumb.png.2b6c00c073d686e8d2ac6f2275342c18.png

This game is gorgeous:

Reveal hidden contents

Cyberpunk2077_2020_12_12_08_00_15_868.thumb.png.b7107e03539bca290b30969644b9ce89.png

N what聽about聽gameplay and story ?

Playing a 1080p and not being addicted to super high fps, I don't mind the game from a technical point of view. I didn't have any problem with bugs or whatever.

But the game itself is just bad.

- Gunplay is bad. This is the main issue. The game is just not fun. Enemies are bullet sponges with guns dealing little damage even with headshots. It feels like you are playing badlands, but it's not fast paced and fun. The combat becomes difficoult the stupid way, because you have to keep showering targets with bullets for minutes and they will of course hit you back. Except you find literally hundreds of medikits around, so not really challenging, just annoying.

- Ammo are hard to come by in the combat sequences. This is stupid expecially because you find huge amount of weapons, but without ammo in. You basically have to stock a metric ton of ammo for your main gun or forced to switch because you will run out, wile all the enemies are using the same ammo type. Level design is also atrociously bad from this point of view. You can find no ammo crates for the whole level and then find a unholy amount of them at the end, in an area that is not even clearly an ammo depot or something. Is not engaging and interesting like ammo shortage in a survival game. Is just dumb.

- The loot is mind bendig moronic. You have find tons of items scattered around. Tons. The time it takes to take the loot after a fight is literally ten times the fight itself. Expecially because actually taking the stuff is slow and imprecise. You find a lot of guns which are variations of the same gun with minor dpms differencies. It's unnecessary and takes away from the immersion. You just sift through a tons of stuff looking for the gun that is marginally better.

- The UI is atrocious. A lot of stuff is unintuitive. A lot of stuff is unclear. I couldn't find out how to remove a weapon attachment without sobstituting it. I fear that you can't. Depressing.

Say whatever you want about Fallout 4. It's not the best game ever. But the cyberpunk devs should have played it before starting this one.

9 minutes ago, Riccardo Cagnasso said:

Playing a 1080p and not being addicted to super high fps, I don't mind the game from a technical point of view. I didn't have any problem with bugs or whatever.

But the game itself is just bad.

- Gunplay is bad. This is the main issue. The game is just not fun. Enemies are bullet sponges with guns dealing little damage even with headshots. It feels like you are playing badlands, but it's not fast paced and fun. The combat becomes difficoult the stupid way, because you have to keep showering targets with bullets for minutes and they will of course hit you back. Except you find literally hundreds of medikits around, so not really challenging, just annoying.

- Ammo are hard to come by in the combat sequences. This is stupid expecially because you find huge amount of weapons, but without ammo in. You basically have to stock a metric ton of ammo for your main gun or forced to switch because you will run out, wile all the enemies are using the same ammo type. Level design is also atrociously bad from this point of view. You can find no ammo crates for the whole level and then find a unholy amount of them at the end, in an area that is not even clearly an ammo depot or something. Is not engaging and interesting like ammo shortage in a survival game. Is just dumb.

- The loot is mind bendig moronic. You have find tons of items scattered around. Tons. The time it takes to take the loot after a fight is literally ten times the fight itself. Expecially because actually taking the stuff is slow and imprecise. You find a lot of guns which are variations of the same gun with minor dpms differencies. It's unnecessary and takes away from the immersion. You just sift through a tons of stuff looking for the gun that is marginally better.

- The UI is atrocious. A lot of stuff is unintuitive. A lot of stuff is unclear. I couldn't find out how to remove a weapon attachment without sobstituting it. I fear that you can't. Depressing.

Say whatever you want about Fallout 4. It's not the best game ever. But the cyberpunk devs should have played it before starting this one.

Thnx @Riccardo Cagnasso,

for sharing your experience !! I have assumed that you have noticed each and every detail of game very logically and technically.聽
thnx for your opinion.馃憤馃憤馃憤馃憤

I agree with your point.

Infact 聽I have seen the review 聽on gamespot which is like average聽or above聽average not even great.聽

It feels disappointing, after waiting so many years&聽this is what you got.

I don't understand the developers. I mean did they playtest the game? You run into the face of a punk with a t-shirt. You dump a whole magazine of your gun in his chest and face. He's still standing and you have to duck to reload to finish him off.

What?

38 minutes ago, Riccardo Cagnasso said:

I don't understand the developers. I mean did they playtest the game? You run into the face of a punk with a t-shirt. You dump a whole magazine of your gun in his chest and face. He's still standing and you have to duck to reload to finish him off.

What?

Maybe that鈥檚 the reason, they keep on delaying it. I don鈥檛 understand they took more then 8years and still聽lot of bugs.聽

When you saw the trailer , dev.聽told us that the聽world is quite dense.

And聽when you play the game you realise聽, there are lot of places聽where you can鈥檛 do anything/aimlessly walking around.

On 12/11/2020 at 7:16 AM, StDragon said:

A LOT of work. It's an awful experience that I loath having to drive. Though I'm optimistic this will be refined in the next few patches. It's that bad, I can't imagine it not changing for the better. The question is "when".

The driving seems less objectionable today. I'm not sure if it got tweaked in the 1.04 patch, it's not in the notes, or if I'm just getting used to it. Still no GTA5 on the driving front though.

I'm about 6 hours in and I'm thoroughly enjoying the game.

That being said, a lot of people are having problems with the game so you may want to give them a few months to release some patches and properly optimize the game.聽

Ryzen 1600x @4GHz

Asus GTX 1070 8GB @1900MHz

16 GB HyperX DDR4 @3000MHz

Asus Prime X370 Pro

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

Noctua NH-U14S

Seasonic M12II 620W

+ four different mechanical drives.

7 hours ago, Giganthrax said:

I'm about 6 hours in and I'm thoroughly enjoying the game.

That being said, a lot of people are having problems with the game so you may want to give them a few months to release some patches and properly optimize the game.聽

I agree with your point.

It totally depend upon person to person point of view. Although if we ignore bugs and optimisation part, there are still lot of things that can make a player dissatisfied like gunplay, driving vehicle, story etc.

I just found out that Berserk mode is completely broken,it has good bugs and bad bugs,

Let's start with the bad one:

Aiming a gun is a serious challenge.

Spoiler

Cyberpunk2077_2020_12_19_16_56_31_299.thumb.png.af3ab11eafded19a60fe3be99ec4a0de.png

Cyberpunk2077_2020_12_19_16_56_14_069.thumb.png.d39b5a1bd558108e54f83be1f8c0012e.png

The sights move all over the place,they can even completely go off the screen.

The good bugs:

With the right modifiers,berserk mode can make you nearly invincible,giving you huge boosts to damage,health regeneration and health pool.

I killed all of the police in seconds,and i am just level 21,doing 1000~4000 damage with 600 health and 700 armor.

Spoiler

Cyberpunk2077_2020_12_19_08_27_17_489.thumb.png.56dc627de3177d024caa021380965890.png

And the last one that i know of,gives you infinite athletics XP if you slide in crouch mode and then enter the inventory while sliding.

I also found item duplication glitch,but that's not related to Berserk mode.