RTX 3060 Ti Reviews Are Out - Performance of a 2080 Super For $399

Random_Person1234

Seems like availability is alright. It's not good, but I can buy one if I wanted to. The problem is that the price is so high I don't want it.

The cheapest one I can find which is out of stock right now) is an Asus one for 4700 SEK. That translates to about 550 US dollars. Since we have 25% VAT I was hoping for maybe a 500 dollar price tag, but there is another 10% markup on the cheapest model, and if I want one of the slightly higher end models then the price goes up to 5000 SEK (590 USD).

For comparison, the cheapest RX 6800 is 7500 SEK (885 USD) with most models being priced at over 8000 (945 USD). That's the out-of-stock retailer prices as well. Not scalped.

The 3070 is 6100 SEK (720 USD) for the cheapest model with the higher end models only being like ~20 dollars more expensive. Those are also out of stock though so I can't order them even if I wanted to.

I think I'll wait this generation out.

Edit: Another observation regarding availability.

Proshop (a large Danish retailer) has received 195 of the 3060 Ti cards, and have 357 more confirmed to be delivered soon.

For comparison, if you add all the 6800, 6800XT and 6900XT cards Proshop has gotten in total ever since the launch you get... 125... And another 22 are on their way.

So it seems like there are about twice as many 3060 Ti cards than there are RX 6000 series cards in total. Of course, it's only one retailer, but it seems to mirror the availability from other retailers too.

1 hour ago, LAwLz said:

So it seems like there are about twice as many 3060 Ti cards than there are RX 6000 series cards in total. Of course, it's only one retailer, but it seems to mirror the availability from other retailers too.

Generally you'd expect more volume of lower cards than higher ones, so it may be a better comparison to compare 6800+ to 3070+ only.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

12 minutes ago, porina said:

Generally you'd expect more volume of lower cards than higher ones, so it may be a better comparison to compare 6800+ to 3070+ only.

Nvidia would gladly sell more 3070:s but I guess the yields are so low that they were forced to drop many to 3060ti:s.

1 hour ago, porina said:

Well yeah, the lower end cards usually have better availability. I wasn't trying to make an Nvidia vs AMD comment but rather point out that availability of the 3060 Ti specifically seems pretty decent. 

4 hours ago, LAwLz said:

The cheapest one I can find which is out of stock right now) is an Asus one for 4700 SEK. That translates to about 550 US dollars. Since we have 25% VAT I was hoping for maybe a 500 dollar price tag, but there is another 10% markup on the cheapest model, and if I want one of the slightly higher end models then the price goes up to 5000 SEK (590 USD).

Well unfortunately for us in Sweden there is extra tax the kemikalieskatten (Tax for usage of certain chemicals during manufacturing).  So after Import tax, kem tax and VAT (Yes you pay VAT on the other taxes) the 4700 SEK har quite close to 399USD.

I overclocked my 5600 xt (unlocked bios) till it died, and AMD had nothing "cheap" available or in stock, So this will be my first Nvidia GPU. For some reason it looks like textures are lower resolution on Nvidia in superposition benchmark. Gonna have to double check that or maybe I'm just miss remembering.

17 hours ago, JZStudios said:

That's not a real word and you can't convince me.

It's a Swedish word (Was replying to a Swede)  Thing is that the word don't translate to English properly.  I'm sorry for that!  Kemikalie = Chemical and Skatten = tax and in Swedish you compress that into one word.

Be glad that I did use Swedish words like:

Nordvästersjökustartilleriflygspaningssimulatoranläggningsmaterielunderhållsuppföljningssystemdiskussionsinläggsförberedelsearbeten

Crazy words that even Google due to it's length ;) (If you want to look it up search for Nordöstersjökustartilleriflygspaningssi and one of the answers you get should be the Guinness Records.)

Again sorry for using a Swedish word without explanation.